Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all.
    Just few days ago i install SMC. Things like random skins, models or Demon/Souls appear and work fine but another like new monsters or shell ejecting are completely missing.
    I try with changing several parameters but still missing.
    Anyone can help me? please.

Comment

• New monsters and shell ejecting works fine for me. Maybe you have other mod files in your folder? Maybe have conflict.
      I only use this mod and everything works. You can try it. I only use this file: Quake_V5.50_small-mod-compilation_Seven.pk3

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimin View Post
        New monsters and shell ejecting works fine for me. Maybe you have other mod files in your folder? Maybe have conflict.
        I only use this mod and everything works. You can try it. I only use this file: Quake_V5.50_small-mod-compilation_Seven.pk3
        Im using the same pk3 file but nothing. By the way im using Quake epsilon.

Comment

• Originally posted by H.E.C.U View Post
          .....using Quake epsilon......

trash that crap compilation and everything will instantly work fine

and then you can use this thread to put together your own HD setup with all the textures and models YOU like
          http://quakeone.com/forum/quake-help...t-content-list
          Last edited by talisa; 02-17-2018, 01:15 PM.
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Originally posted by talisa View Post

trash that crap compilation and everything will instantly work fine

and then you can use this thread to put together your own HD setup with all the textures and models YOU like
            I reinstall my old Quake and now works .
            Thanks m8!!!!
            Last edited by H.E.C.U; 02-25-2018, 03:12 PM.

Comment

• I just finished the original Quake levels. What a blast!
              Is it possible to also play the unofficial 5th episode: Dimension of the past with this mod?
              It was recently released by MachineGames

Also, how would i play additional maps with it? They usually come with a BSP file.
              Do I have to pay attention to something?
              Thanks in advance

Comment

• Just out of curiosity does the SMC contain the various packs listed below or at-least an alternative to them? I ask because I remember downloading a great deal of ad-dons from here when the SMC was in a much earlier stage. Since the mod compilation has gone through many updates and includes a lot more I feel like I may have many redundant files.

List of addons I have installed:

-Seven's new lava

-pretty water pack

-Seven's hud (got this in 2010)

-Ruohis key & rune models

-Q_Misc models by Ruohis, OoPpEe, & Obiwan

-ruohis_b_models

-Ruohis player model

-ruohis_g_models

-ruohis powerup models

-ruohis projectile models

-ruohis view models

-moondrunk skies (changed the files to TGA since PNG files are no longer supported)

-osjc classic gibs v3.2

-QRP map & item textures

-romirtlights

-shader-animated-b_boxes-ID1

-teleport_mrgnstrn (this makes the teleporters give off a reflective water effect)

-Vore Triple skin (uses models from shamblers castle I believe)

-Fiend multiskin (also utilizes shamblers castle models)

-grunt triple skin (Moo & OoPpEe + ruohis

For mission pack 1:

-DP_animated_teleport_Moon[Drunk]

-mh_lits_mp1

-OoPpEe & Ruohis Wetsuit model

-QRP textures for MP1

-QRP gloss textures for MP1

-rain for MP1 episode3 V1

-romirtlights for MP1

-xolve_mp1_dlits_1

-hellknight 4skin

-knight 4skin

-OoPpEe-SoA-Weapons-LsrTrl

-OoPpEe Weapons-LC-Glow MP1

-OoPpEe-SoA-Weapons-PBombSmk

-OoPpEe-SoA-Weapons-ProxGlow

-OoPpEe-SoA-Weapons-V2

For Mission Pack 2:

-DP_animated_water_Moon[Drunk]_v0.3

-DP-New_Lava-V0.3-Seven

-DP-New_Teleport-V1.23_DP-new_Seven

-pretty water is also added here

-inkub_rtlights_mp2

-moondrunk_mp2_textures

-mp2_effect_powerups

-OoPpEe-DoE-Weapons

-OoPpEe-DoE-Weapons_ADDON-lsmoke

-OoPpEe-Plasmaball

-rogue-dragon_sean

-Ruohis player model

-seanstar_moondrunk_jenk_skies

-shader-animated-b_boxes-ROGUE

-wa_eelplusgibs

-multi skin model for the ogre and his multi grenade cousin by OoPpEe

-Reflecting_Overload_MP2

-mp2_prerelease_textures (placed in id folder)

-mp2_replacement_content-medium (placed in id folder)

-mp2_prerelease_normals-high (placed in hipnotic folder)

Comment

• @Poisonheadcrab

no the SMC is a gameplay mod, it does not contain any HD replacement content

you can however find everything in the thread i made, including updated versions of many of the items listed

and you can also many many more high-poly replacement models and textures for stuff not included in that pack,
                  like for example my HD models for buzzsaw, pendulum & lantern for MP2... and my version of my-keys explosives for multi-grenades

Jimin
                  yes you can play the unofficial 5th episode with SMC,
                  by just loading the regular quake SMC with the maps

and yes, any maps that dont require a custom mod can be played with the SMC
                  by just simply loading them through the console while having the regular quake SMC loaded
                  Last edited by talisa; 02-23-2018, 09:04 PM.
                  are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                  everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Dear all,

Thank you Tom for your heads up and mail.
                    Very sorry for late replies. I was driven away from Quake for quiet some time.

Originally posted by PowerFulBR View Post
                    Hi Seven, I don't know the best place do message you, so I chose this one. I can't find "digs01 full Episode 9 maps with flames + impulse 12 + nails fixed.rar" anywhere on the forum. This was the only one I couldn't find from the list you posted here: http://quakeone.com/forum/quake-help...rkplaces/page4

Thanks
                    Hello PowerFulBR,

Please find the reupload here if you still interested

--------------------------------

Originally posted by 3371-Alpha View Post
                    I didn't realize you recompiled it so soon, I should visit here more often. Anyways, I have an issue with the darkplaces engine. Keeps telling me "sounds not precached, fix you code" whenever one of the custom sounds are played, such as footsteps. The blood also doesn't seam to work correctly and instead makes a.....well a "silhouette sculpture".
                    Hello 3371-Alpha,

That is most probably because you are using a save game which was saved with another mod (or an earlier SMC version).
                    Quake1 does allow you to load saves made with other mods but you encounter VERY unwanted behaviours and of course bugs.
                    That is independent to the SMC. Please always use a new game or reload a custom map when switching mods.

---------------------------------

Originally posted by H.E.C.U View Post
                    Hi all.
                    Just few days ago i install SMC. Things like random skins, models or Demon/Souls appear and work fine but another like new monsters or shell ejecting are completely missing.
                    I try with changing several parameters but still missing.
                    Anyone can help me? please.
                    Hello H.E.C.U,

just like Jimin and Talisa said: You are trying to mix 2 different mods. In this case it is SMC v3.80 with SMC v5.50.
                    You cannot mix 2 mods (progs.dat). Please read the SMC readme. It will tell you on what to pay attention to.

There is no need in using the older v3.80 as the newer version v5.50 (and its update to v5.60) include all the older features plus add new ones,
                    and what the main advantage is: They have been adapted to the new DarkPlaces builds !
                    So please only use the new SMC together with the new DarkPlaces builds to get the best of both worlds.

-----------------------------------

Originally posted by Jimin View Post
                    I just finished the original Quake levels. What a blast!
                    Is it possible to also play the unofficial 5th episode: Dimension of the past with this mod?
                    It was recently released by MachineGames

Also, how would i play additional maps with it? They usually come with a BSP file.
                    Do I have to pay attention to something?
                    Thanks in advance
                    Hello Jimin,

like Tailsa said you can use the SMC with all fan-made/custom maps/episodes as long as they do not need a special mod (progs.dat).
                    But be careful. You said that you are using the rain extension for Quake´s start map. Some episodes include their own start.map !
                    Due to Quake´s gamecode, the start map of episodes MUST have the naiming "start.bsp".
                    So please remove the rainy start.ent from your maps folder when playing the 5th episode: DOPA. As it doesnt match it.
                    All the rest will work just fine

----------------------------------

Originally posted by Poisonheadcrab View Post
                    Just out of curiosity does the SMC contain the various packs listed below or at-least an alternative to them? I ask because I remember downloading a great deal of ad-dons from here when the SMC was in a much earlier stage. Since the mod compilation has gone through many updates and includes a lot more I feel like I may have many redundant files.
                    Hello Poisonheadcrab,

Yes, the SMC includes some of your mentioned things.

But first things first: The SMC was designed to be used either without any replacement content or together with any available replacement content.
                    It is not interfering with them. That always was the main object.
                    But the SMC introduces optional features that adds additional things to the Quake assets.
                    Examples are: Multiskin/Multimodel monsters, visual weapon effects, additional HUD effects and many others.
                    You CAN use them but you do not HAVE to use them as mentioned above.

I highly recommend to get the most out of this mod to use all features of course
                    To do this, simply copy the included Starter Kits into your SMC folder as well as the extended HUD.
                    You will save yourself a lot of hassle and issues by doing this compared to tinker one yourself.

So, you can ignore all the monsters, weapons and HUD stuff that you mentioned and downloaded before.
                    They are included in a newer version inside the SMC download.
                    You will find details about them in their corresponding subfolders.

This mainly applies to Quake as well as both mission packs.
                    Be sure to read the included readme for more details.

Have fun with your Quake !

Best wishes,
                    Seven

Special Note:
                    I recommend using a DarkPlaces 2017 build with or without the SMC as they fixed the main bugs like texture/shadow flickering, server crash, etc.

Comment

• you can ignore all the monsters, weapons and HUD stuff that you mentioned and downloaded before.
                      They are included in a newer version inside the SMC download.
                      You will find details about them in their corresponding subfolders.
                      I certainly found some files I no longer needed, although many of them I did keep due to personal preferences, like Ruohis' weapon models and some of the multi skin packs.

Comment

• Thank you both. It works!

Can someone post a link to that 2017 darkplaces version?
                        I am using the one from 2014-05-03 and cannot find the new one

Comment

• dont know if this build is the one seven means, but i use the 2017-08-29th DP build myself:

32bit https://drive.google.com/open?id=193...QGuN8tRxvOxg4x

64bit https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JT...VyARC_sTpsA2UM

Comment

• Thank you for this mod. Looks great!

Comment

• Hello quake world !

I'm getting some troubles to make the game more gory. Following this simple step provided by Seven (http://quakeone.com/forum/quake-help...365#post245365), I tried to add these lines in effectinfo.txt :

Code:
                              effect gibfliesblack_plus_blood_spit            // modify this effectnum, as it is SMC´s default gib-trail effect
                              trailspacing 5                                            // raise the particle spawn count from 20 to every 5 quake-units
                              type blood                                                // use blood type particle properties (as it fits to used particlefont.tga)
                              tex 24 31                                                 // use 4th particlefont texture row (8 different random textures)
                              size 6 12                                                 // set the random particle size a bit bigger
                              alpha 225 275 50                                      // make them opaque to better see them and let them fade slower
                              bounce -1                                                 // "0" would not spawn decals
                              airfriction 4                                                // make the blood particle form a better trail (stop their movement)...            
                              gravity 0.6                                                // ...after that make them fall slowly on ground. like in the clip.
                              liquidfriction 5                                            // make the blood particle form a better trail (stop their movement) in water
                              velocityjitter 60 60 100                              // define the trails overall xyz shape here. Make it a little wider.
                              velocitymultiplier 0.5                                // follow qc´s velocity that much
                              + kickable gibs off, gibsmultiplier 6, gibsduration 120.

But as there was no such file in the smc folder I created it and just added these lines, well it worked... partially, I now have the amount of blood I wanted (awesome!) but now flames, torches & explosions gfx aren't showing up anymore (they do without this file).

I remember having a real hard time previously at figuring out that I needed to set GFX on normal instead of high to make flames work again with rygels HD texture pack. Btw here the issue seems coming from elsewhere so any help will be appreciated.

I would also like to edit the time before blood decals on floor/walls fade away, but I'm already having huge framedrops with gibs, especially in water...

- Is this effectinfo still up to date ? What's wrong with those flames/torches/explosions I'm struggling with every now & then ?
                              - How to edit blood decals fade time ?
                              - Is it possible to manage gibs differently in water to save framerate ?

Running darkplaces 05 2014 + hd packs + smc

Edit : Sorry, didn't think about unpaking Seven's file... So I found all I needed there. For decals I found 2 commands "cl_decals_max" & "cl_decals_time" but wathever huge value I throw, it still disappears after a while. Other two commands I found are "cl_particles_blood_decal_scalemin" & "cl_particles_blood_decal_scalemax" I'll check with these if having less decals but covering more space is doing any better.

Last edited by Qet; 07-27-2018, 05:08 PM.

Comment

• Hello Mr.Burns,

Thank your for your mail and heads up. I replied to you (I am sorry for my bad english).

Hello Qet,

Thank you for your interest.

First of all, be sure to read the included Readme.
                                It will speak about DarkPlaces builds that you should use and gives you more important infos about this mod.
                                Two of your issues will be automatically be fixed after you did this.
                                I recommend this DarkPlaces build: click me

If you want to use Rygels High or Ultra Pack with the SMC you will encounter issues (see readme) because it uses a mod called dpmod.
                                That is why you will see different flames/fire, particle effects and so on.
                                All of the content that Rygel used inside his compilation has been updated and also brings issues with newer DarkPlaces builds as well.
                                So it is better to make your own compilation if you want. Be aware of what the SMC already includes and do not mix replacements of the same content.
                                You will be 90% done when you use the QRP packs + SMC. That will cover almost all Quake content. Be sure to look at the optional SMC content insde its download.

You also do not seem to use the current SMC builds, as they have the kickable gibs already disabled.
                                I recommend SMC v5.50 + Update v5.60

You already found the effectinfo.txt file inside the SMC .pk3. Please use the one from v5.60 (after you updated).
                                Your intention seems to be to have more gore and blood. The new SMC builds added new features to raise gore and blood.
                                Please read through the smc_config.cfg to learn more about its features.
                                gibsmultiplier set to "6" is a very serious value wich might introduce fps drops in combination with the extra blood trails enabled...

Regarding your last issue wich you have problems with: Blood decals
                                Be sure you do not use any autoexec.cfg files that edit the cl_decals cvars or your desired values will always be overriden after new start.
                                This is the cvar you are specifically looking for: cl_decals_time
                                If you enter only the cvar name into the console you will be able to read more information about it, as well as its default and current value.
                                Default is 20 and you want more. Its unit is seconds, so if you want them to stay 1 hour, you need to write into console: cl_decals_time 3600
                                Be aware that, independent to its value, as soon as the maximum amount of decals in the map has been reached, the oldest decals will be deleted !
                                That behaviour can be adjusted via cvar: cl_decals_max
                                Same as above, type it into console to learn more about it. You can raise the default value of 4096 but be aware that it might lead to performance drops.
                                You can also avoid performance drops if you do not let the engine draw decals that are far away. Cvar r_drawdecals_drawdistance is your friend.
                                Please do not alter the _scale cvars as the SMC decals have been designed for the default values.
                                Tip: If you use the apropos console command, you will be able to search through all available cvars that interest you. Example, type: apropos decal

That should cover all your issues I guess.
                                I hope you have fun with your Quake.

Best wishes,
                                Seven

Comment

Working...
                                X