No announcement yet.

Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, hi Seven, thank you very much for your time.
    You're totally right I'm using smc 5.50 ! I'll go check for the updates & hd packs you mentioned asap.
    r_drawdecals_drawdistance combined with a few tricks did pretty much the effect I wanted (more blood + rooms stays bloody) while keeping a tolerable framerate. Not perfect tho cause I'm not very good at modding/tweaking... but I wanted to give it a try and I'll stick with this result. I wish someday one of you geniuses that know what they're doing, come out with a brutal quake mod.
    Again, thank you for your time and effort you put into these great works, and sorry for that bad habit of not reading further than installation guide... lazy me
    Cheers.

Comment

• Hey Seven, i'm very interested on playing your mod compilation, but is there a minimum system requirement to play this at the lowest settings? Because, i tried playing it with Darkplaces v20140513 (on a pretty old PC with barely 2gb of RAM and an integrated Intel video driver) and while it loads the Start map without an issue (with some +25 fps), when i enter The Slipgate Complex, the game suddenly freezes. Also, i'm trying to play this with the "zz_weaponpack.pk3" and "EpiQuake_SoundPak.pk3" (which are inside the ID1 folder).
      Best regards

Comment

• Hello ab26,

Thank you for trying the SMC.

First of all, please read the included readme file to learn more about it.
        The Darkplaces build you are using is very outdated. Please use/download the newer build: Download
        Be also sure you are using the current SMC versions (can be found in 1st post of this thread).

You will then be able to adjust every single feature of this mod to your personal liking (and in your case to our hardware) via the smc_config.cfg.

There are 2 SMC features that are very performance hungry:
        flamestyle
        armorspecialeffect

You will find them both at the end of the smc_config.cfg file in chapter: Particle effects and model effects
        Set them both to "0" to gain performance.

Having that said, be aware, that also the Darkplaces engine has very performance hungry features itself.
        You should not enable Realtime lighting !
        Be sure to start Darkplaces and go into the OPTIONS menu.
        Scroll down and select (mark it and press enter):
        Lighting: Normal

Last thing to mention:
        I do not know what other mods you are using inside your ID1 folder.
        A lot of nasty stuff can be hidden inside these .pk3 files.
        First you should remove them all which did not come with the SMC and make your performance tests.
        Then, once you are satisfied, you can put them back one by one to see what happens.

I hope you can enjoy your Quake now.

Have fun,
        Seven

Comment

• Thank you very much Seven! You're da best!
          Best regards

Comment

• I'm trying to find the config setting for poison chance (or something like that) whenever you enter in toxic slime you take damage overtime when you get out. Also, is there one for lava?

Comment

• Hello Frost R17,

Its been a while since I saw you.
              Great that your passion for Quake is strong and you came back to enjoy it.

Since its been a while, just make sure to update some of your content as well as your DarkPlaces build. I recommend using this build.

Regarding your question:
              Yes, there are so many settings that also I have to search all the time, hehe. But fortunately you can use the search function in notepad to find things quickly.
              This is the part that you are looking for (its almost at the end of the smc_config.cfg):
              Code:
              ///// Wizards projectiles and slime pools can poison the player
              set wizard_projectiles_and_slime_poison_time 15        //  0= disable this feature completely     Set the maximum poison suffering time for the player in seconds.   Note: When picking up medikits or jump into water, the poison will be cured at once !
              set wizard_projectiles_poison_chance 30                //  Set the probability of getting poisoned by wizards projectiles in percent.    10= 10% chance to get poisoned     50= 50% chance to get poisoned    100= Every wizards projectile will poison the player
              set wizard_projectiles_and_slime_poison_frequence 3    //  Set the frequence in seconds between poison pains.
              set wizard_projectiles_and_slime_poison_damage 1       //  Set the amount of poison damage per frequence.
              set wizard_projectiles_and_slime_poison_flicker 1      //  0= disabled     1= poison inflicts a frequent flicker, tinting the complete screen green.

///// Afrits, Carniveans, Hellknights, Reivers, Torments, Warlords projectiles and lava pools can ignite/inflame the player
              set fire_projectiles_and_lava_inflame_time 12        //  0= disable this feature completely     Set the maximum burning/suffering time for the player in seconds.   Note: When picking up medikits or jump into water, the burning will be cured at once !
              set afrit_projectiles_inflame_chance 25              //  Set the chance of getting inflamed by Afrits projectiles in percent.    10= 10% chance to get inflamed     50= 50% chance to get inflamed    100= Every Afrits projectile will inflame the player
              set carnivean_projectiles_inflame_chance 30          //  Set the chance of getting inflamed by carniveans explosive projectiles in percent.    10= 10% chance to get inflamed     50= 50% chance to get inflamed    100= Every carniveans explosive projectile will inflame the player     ATTENTION: Only projectile type 1 can inflame the player (see cvar: "carnivean_projectile_type").
              set hellknight_projectiles_inflame_chance 25        //  Set the chance of getting inflamed by Hellknights projectiles in percent.    10= 10% chance to get inflamed     50= 50% chance to get inflamed    100= Every hellknights projectile will inflame the player
              set reiver_fireball_inflame_chance 30               //  Set the chance of getting inflamed by Reivers fireballs in percent.    10= 10% chance to get inflamed     50= 50% chance to get inflamed    100= Every Reivers fireball will inflame the player     
              set torment_projectiles_inflame_chance 25           //  Set the chance of getting inflamed by torments projectiles in percent.    10= 10% chance to get inflamed     50= 50% chance to get inflamed    100= Every torments projectile will inflame the player
              set warlord_projectiles_inflame_chance 25           //  Set the chance of getting inflamed by Warlords projectiles in percent.    10= 10% chance to get inflamed     50= 50% chance to get inflamed    100= Every Warlords projectile will inflame the player
              set fire_projectiles_and_lava_inflame_frequence 2    //  Set the frequence in seconds between inflame/burning pains.
              set fire_projectiles_and_lava_inflame_damage 1       //  Set the amount of burning damage per frequence.
              set fire_projectiles_and_lava_inflame_flicker 1       //  0= disabled     1= burning inflicts a frequent flicker, tinting the complete screen red.
              set fire_projectiles_and_lava_inflame_particles 1     //  0= do not use fire particles around player when inflamed     1= use fire particles around player when inflamed
              You can set it to your personal likings.
              Be aware that you can even set the damage value to "0" and keep the nice visual effect if you like.

Have fun with Quake (again)

Best wishes,
              Seven

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
                Hello Frost R17,

Its been a while since I saw you.
                Great that your passion for Quake is strong and you came back to enjoy it.

Since its been a while, just make sure to update some of your content as well as your DarkPlaces build. I recommend using this build.

Regarding your question:
                Yes, there are so many settings that also I have to search all the time, hehe. But fortunately you can use the search function in notepad to find things quickly.
                This is the part that you are looking for (its almost at the end of the smc_config.cfg):
                Code:
                ///// Wizards projectiles and slime pools can poison the player
                set wizard_projectiles_and_slime_poison_time 15 // 0= disable this feature completely Set the maximum poison suffering time for the player in seconds. Note: When picking up medikits or jump into water, the poison will be cured at once !
                set wizard_projectiles_poison_chance 30 // Set the probability of getting poisoned by wizards projectiles in percent. 10= 10% chance to get poisoned 50= 50% chance to get poisoned 100= Every wizards projectile will poison the player
                set wizard_projectiles_and_slime_poison_frequence 3 // Set the frequence in seconds between poison pains.
                set wizard_projectiles_and_slime_poison_damage 1 // Set the amount of poison damage per frequence.
                set wizard_projectiles_and_slime_poison_flicker 1 // 0= disabled 1= poison inflicts a frequent flicker, tinting the complete screen green.

///// Afrits, Carniveans, Hellknights, Reivers, Torments, Warlords projectiles and lava pools can ignite/inflame the player
                set fire_projectiles_and_lava_inflame_time 12 // 0= disable this feature completely Set the maximum burning/suffering time for the player in seconds. Note: When picking up medikits or jump into water, the burning will be cured at once !
                set afrit_projectiles_inflame_chance 25 // Set the chance of getting inflamed by Afrits projectiles in percent. 10= 10% chance to get inflamed 50= 50% chance to get inflamed 100= Every Afrits projectile will inflame the player
                set carnivean_projectiles_inflame_chance 30 // Set the chance of getting inflamed by carniveans explosive projectiles in percent. 10= 10% chance to get inflamed 50= 50% chance to get inflamed 100= Every carniveans explosive projectile will inflame the player ATTENTION: Only projectile type 1 can inflame the player (see cvar: "carnivean_projectile_type").
                set hellknight_projectiles_inflame_chance 25 // Set the chance of getting inflamed by Hellknights projectiles in percent. 10= 10% chance to get inflamed 50= 50% chance to get inflamed 100= Every hellknights projectile will inflame the player
                set reiver_fireball_inflame_chance 30 // Set the chance of getting inflamed by Reivers fireballs in percent. 10= 10% chance to get inflamed 50= 50% chance to get inflamed 100= Every Reivers fireball will inflame the player
                set torment_projectiles_inflame_chance 25 // Set the chance of getting inflamed by torments projectiles in percent. 10= 10% chance to get inflamed 50= 50% chance to get inflamed 100= Every torments projectile will inflame the player
                set warlord_projectiles_inflame_chance 25 // Set the chance of getting inflamed by Warlords projectiles in percent. 10= 10% chance to get inflamed 50= 50% chance to get inflamed 100= Every Warlords projectile will inflame the player
                set fire_projectiles_and_lava_inflame_frequence 2 // Set the frequence in seconds between inflame/burning pains.
                set fire_projectiles_and_lava_inflame_damage 1 // Set the amount of burning damage per frequence.
                set fire_projectiles_and_lava_inflame_flicker 1 // 0= disabled 1= burning inflicts a frequent flicker, tinting the complete screen red.
                set fire_projectiles_and_lava_inflame_particles 1 // 0= do not use fire particles around player when inflamed 1= use fire particles around player when inflamed
                You can set it to your personal likings.
                Be aware that you can even set the damage value to "0" and keep the nice visual effect if you like.

Have fun with Quake (again)

Best wishes,
                Seven
                I see, thanks for pointing that out. I'll try out the build as well when I get the chance.

And yes I still keep in touch with Quake. I've been playing around with the settings and understand here and there. All the extra stuff sure does let people play Quake how they like. But I have made separate versions where one contains SMC mods and the other doesn't where it's vanilla but with mods that contain fixes; who says you can't have both? But one problem I have is this fish count bug for the vanilla version but I'll try to figure it out someday.

Best wishes to you to.

Comment

• Hey, I've been trying out the 3rd_person_visible_weapons setting and the model looks great, but it's missing the hammer for MP1 (Scourge of Armagon).

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
                    I recommend using this build.
                    This build as well as all the builds after 2016-09-10 have a problems with textures displaying.
                    image_3059.png
                    Last edited by Rivarez; 06-22-2019, 03:11 AM.

Comment

• Hello Rivarez,

I am sorry, but you are not correct.
                      The issue you see on your screenshot is related to a shader modification.
                      In your case it is most probably Webangels Reflecting overload mod as far as I can see on the tiny screenshot.
                      There is already a fix for this mod. You can read about it here if you want.
                      DOWNLOAD

I highly recommend the DarkPlaces build that I linked and that you quoted.

You can see that this DP build doesnt have issues with any textures or with the Reflecting overload mod in this screenshot:

Tip:
                      If you encounter any issues in the future, first remove all mods from your Quake setup.
                      If the issue still persists, it may be due to the engine.
                      If not, it is related to mods.

Have fun with your Quake.

Best wishes,
                      Seven

Comment

• Hello Seven!
                        You're exactly right. I was not aware of this nuance. With your fix the build you recommended works fine.
                        Thank you very much for your help!
                        Regards

Comment

• Hi, how i can disable "Wellcome in SMC Message" at the start I use 4.55 for ID1 and 5.02 for MP1 and MP2... Thank's!

EDIT: I have read i need the source but dont have any one, someone can made that for this version for me please?
                          Last edited by HDMaster; 08-18-2020, 05:00 PM.

Comment

• Hello HDMaster,

As good as all features of the SMC can be enabled/disabled via cvars.
                            If you read the readme.txt you will see how to set them.

In you example (I do not know why you would use a very outdated ID1 version v4.55. But hey, you might have your reasons...) you need to set this cvar:
                            set welcome 0

Have fun,
                            Seven

PS: The source is ALWAYS included in my releases. If you need them.
                            If your download doesnt include the source, you downloaded that old build from somewhere else. Not from this thread.

Comment

• EDIT: Problem solved (animation) with "set enforcer_run_and_shoot 0"

But i dont know why, EVERYTIME the new "colorized" enforcer (defender, pyro and eliminator) not work, any cue why?

http://quakeone.com/forum/quake-mod-...use-with-quoth
                              Last edited by HDMaster; 08-21-2020, 04:32 AM.

Comment

• Hi Seven, sorry for sak that (this effects is pretty cool), but how i can disable/downgrade effect on start map with SMC 5.50 (logo on the floor, smoke ect), is very laggy on my dual core... :-(

EDIT: I have made a start_effect_info / Solved

But Hey! Thank for your great work!
                                Last edited by HDMaster; 08-21-2020, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X