No announcement yet.

"DP Pretty Water" Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've added a link to the version with seanstar's norm to the post with the previous link.
    Quake HD: Embrace the decline and have some guilty pleasure with it, or join a club for monocled gentlemen at quaddicted and play Quake the way it's meant to be played.

Comment

• Hi

i gave smith the ok to use my norm...maybe this was a mistake.

Comment

• Well as he is removing the names of the content contributors even after I spelled it out plainly it was not appreciated,he continues to do the same thing.
        the pack he has renamed to his project title.Not DP_water.pk3 .Not DP_water-Seanstar- Urre -Zombie.pk3.But instead DP_water_qhd.I thought it was a language misunderstanding but his continued behavior speaks louder than any words.I am sorry I ever supported him.
        Last edited by bluntz; 05-23-2012, 09:01 AM.
        WARNING
        May be too intense for some viewers.
        Stress Relief Device
        ....BANG HEAD HERE....
        ---------------------------
        .--------------------------

Comment

• It would have to be called DP_water_Urre_Zombie_My-Key_Seven_Seanstar_Smith.pk3 in that case, to be precise, a bit ridiculous don't you think.

Next to the download links here it said clearly clearly who made norm and textures. And readme states clearly what I did – modified shader script.
          In compilation main readme it is clearly explained that 'qhd' are modified files that I don't want or deserve credits for, because I wasn't the main contributor.

It is not called 'Smiths' water as well.
          But it wasn't an issue for you when it was called 'Sevens' water.
          Or when Seanstar is releasing Ruohis models and there is no Ruohis name in the filename.
          You're biased to the point when you've developed double standards.

There is above a whole post where I explain that I just wanted to share because it looks different then stuff posted so far,
          and don't care for being credited for changing values in the shader script.

Nitpicking and unjustified accusations, for all I care I it can be called Seanstar's water. I've just reuploaded
          Last edited by _Smith_; 05-24-2012, 08:31 AM.
          Quake HD: Embrace the decline and have some guilty pleasure with it, or join a club for monocled gentlemen at quaddicted and play Quake the way it's meant to be played.

Comment

• No it should have been left as it was DP_pretty_water. Any modification to its name would have only served to credit the folks who worked on it if your intent was to promote them and not yourself.
            WARNING
            May be too intense for some viewers.
            Stress Relief Device
            ....BANG HEAD HERE....
            ---------------------------
            .--------------------------

Comment

• ... or to make it possible to tell which one is which so it won't be mistaken for original release, which original author may not wish.

I've dropped contributors because I couldn't tell who is supposed to be the main one and left it to readme to explain whole history.
              Last edited by _Smith_; 05-23-2012, 10:24 AM.

Comment

• Hi

@bluntz
                its all good bro.

@smith
                i shouldnt have said your water is nothing...its something.

regards

Sean

Comment

• Update!

New slightly improved version with more structure and faked scrolling

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgkyIJzUax8[/ame]
                  [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFoeXLlRTjY[/ame]

The videos aren´t really good.

Download zz_WA_Prettywater_DDS.7z from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Please enable DDS!!

w@
                  Last edited by webangel; 06-09-2012, 01:59 PM.

Comment

• oooh, looks sweet from the vids.
                    downloading it right away, ill try it out later
                    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Originally posted by splitterface View Post
                      oooh, looks sweet from the vids.
                      downloading it right away, ill try it out later
                      I hope you like it

Comment

• Looks Awesome Weebangel!

Now do that to the flowing water in Rogue!

Comment

• erm... if you dont have it in rogue theres something wrong with your setup gdiddy.

cuz rogue and hiptnotic both use all the same water that ID1 does,
                          and putting the pk3 in your ID1 folder should also give you the same water effects in both MPs

you should check if you dont have any other shaders in your rogue folder overriding the one from webangel
                          Last edited by talisa; 06-09-2012, 02:57 PM.
                          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• gdiddy62 means something different splitterface.
                            Everything is OK with his setup

I guess...
                            Last edited by webangel; 06-09-2012, 03:08 PM.

Comment

• whats he mean then?

Comment

• The waterfall from MP2....

Not more to say atm......

Comment

Working...
                                X