No announcement yet.

"DP Pretty Water" Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ah, you mean that one at the start of R2M1?
    the one for which you used inkub0's texture?
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Originally posted by splitterface View Post
      ah, you mean that one at the start of R2M1?
      the one for which you used inkub0's texture?
      I will replace this textures with a .shader and .ent soon.
      The waterfall is really tricky....
      Last edited by webangel; 06-10-2012, 01:05 AM.

Comment

• That's it splitterface. What I had asked Webangel if she could tackle is perhaps a shader similar to what you see for running streams in Skyrim. I think she can pull it off...look at this water she made!!!!

Comment

• i think it looks great web@angel

although perhaps an idea... try making the scroll go in the other direction of the texture,
          instead of x scroll towards y, if you get what i mean by that

lemme add pics anyway so its clear what i mean

what you have now is that the scrolling is in this direction

try making the texture instead scroll in this direction

i think that might look a lot better
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Hi

@webangel

it works

i like it, but its a little bit to fast and obvious for me, i like the waterscoll effect though.

i tried a different waterscroll setting with my newest shader i just made the other day.

dp_waterscroll 0.6 5 -------notice the 5
            tcmod scale 0.1 0.1
            tcmod turb 2 0.2 1 .005
            tcMod scroll -0.01 -0.01
            blendfunc blend

this slowed the scroll down to a realistic look for my water textures.

cheers

Sean

Comment

• looks great.Only it looks like the mapping is going the same way for the height map The 2 should cross each other at 90 deg..
              Last edited by bluntz; 06-10-2012, 12:52 PM.
              WARNING
              May be too intense for some viewers.
              Stress Relief Device
              ....BANG HEAD HERE....
              ---------------------------
              .--------------------------

Comment

• Thak you very much, webangel! It's a magnificent work. It looks amazing!
                ░░▒▒▓▓██ Casi EOF ██▓▓▒▒░░
                ░░▒▒▓▓██ M 4 C G Y V 3 R ██▓▓▒▒░░
                ░░▒▒▓▓██ EOF =D ██▓▓▒▒░░

Comment

• Hello,

I updated the first post.

You will find a small update from myself (V0.55) as well as all the great packs from webangel and smith now in the first post.

It would be a pity if all these individual packs get lost in this thread...
                  This will make it easier for users to try them all and make their decision afterwards.
                  They differ quite a lot, so everyboy should be able to find the one that he/she likes the most.

Have fun playing around.
                  Seven

Comment

• Seven, thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
                      Hello,

I updated the first post.

You will find a small update from myself (V0.55) as well as all the great packs from webangel and smith now in the first post.

It would be a pity if all these individual packs get lost in this thread...
                      This will make it easier for users to try them all and make their decision afterwards.
                      They differ quite a lot, so everyboy should be able to find the one that he/she likes the most.

Have fun playing around.
                      Seven
                      Hi Seven,
                      great work on 0.55!
                      Thank you for putting links to my packs in your opening thread......
                      Nice holidays!
                      Last edited by webangel; 07-08-2012, 06:14 AM.

Comment

• Can you ported dpwater for directQ1.9.0-engine?
                        Sorry for my bad english

Comment

• Does anyone know how i can fix the reflections of myself (see image) in the water ? as well how i get rid of those blue sky reflections at the corners of the pools (see Image) ?

Comment

• It looks more like a part of the player model, that is on the other side of the water surface, is rendered when "r_water" "1".

This issue is present in Dark Places builds for over a year now.
                            It wasn't fixed probably because no one reported this issue to Lord Havoc. Of course I am guilty of this sin too.
                            It's a shame, because the new official stable build is fast, like ~20% faster than the old build I still use in the Quake HD compilation, mostly because of this water issue.

There is somewhere a download link posted by Seven, to this old build that is confirmed to be issues free. I can't find it now.
                            Search for it, or maybe someone else will find and post the link for you, it was somewhere in the quake help subforum.

I think it's time to finally make a post in DP errors reports thread...

Edit: You can't get rid of these artefacts on the edges.
                            Distorted reflections on the edges reflect stuff from the other side of the level geometry, there is usually nothing but a skybox to reflect.
                            Not a very technical explanation. Someone, who unlike me, actually understand how it works, could explain it better.
                            Last edited by _Smith_; 01-10-2013, 03:13 PM.
                            Quake HD: Embrace the decline and have some guilty pleasure with it, or join a club for monocled gentlemen at quaddicted and play Quake the way it's meant to be played.

Comment

• this is the build _smith_ is referring too. its 100% working and has good performance darkplaces-20110702.zip

Comment

• Hi there

Thanks _Smith_ - yeah that would be great if it gets reportet oh and I totally know what you're talking about concerning the artefacts on the edges. Funny how they appear and disappera depending on the viewpoint.

@ splitterface - Thank you a lot for the link. This fixes the issue about that strange player-mirror-thing. In comparison with the newest build a noticeable slower performance but well... hope this gets fixed in the next Darkplaces build. I am already Quake addicted again

Comment

Working...
                                X