"DP Pretty Water" Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HIPNOTIC rift works fine now, but the blood is still the same

as you can see its extremely overly dark for me, and it looks like a flat surface which has no shaders or such applied to it

while in 2011 build it looked like this:

also yeah sorry for offtopic but W@'s thread about MP1 liquid shaders has been closed automatically
    Last edited by talisa; 07-12-2013, 11:35 AM.
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Edit:
      I see what you are talking about now.
      I have the same problem and no idea how to fix it.

FIXED
      Last edited by webangel; 07-12-2013, 01:25 PM.

Comment

• Code:
        *blood1
        {
        	surfaceparm water
        	{
        		map textures/blood1/blood1.tga
        		tcmod scale 0.35 0.18
        		tcMod scroll 0.05 -0.10
        	}
        	{
              		map $lightmap
              		rgbGen identity
             	}
        }
        Last edited by _Smith_; 07-12-2013, 01:19 PM.
        Quake HD: Embrace the decline and have some guilty pleasure with it, or join a club for monocled gentlemen at quaddicted and play Quake the way it's meant to be played.

Comment

• Originally posted by _Smith_ View Post
          [code]

map $lightmap
          rgbGen identity

Thanks _Smith_!
          I missed this.
          Now everything is working as it should.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/yufga4

Comment

• awesome
            now i can finally use the 2013-03-01 DP build with everything working

also... first thing i thought after switching over to 2013DP build and playing it with that build:
            Last edited by talisa; 07-12-2013, 01:39 PM.
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• I love this smiley.

Sorry again for hijacking your thread Seven. I wont make a new one for things which so few people are using...

Comment

• haha yeah its awesome, innit?

Comment

• Can't download pretty water!

Quaketastic is down can you fix the download link?

Comment

• Sevens Pretty Water pack

Comment

• @Seven, awesome stuff! Is there documentation anywhere on the internet that explains what all the parameters do for dp_water, dp_reflect and dp_refract?

Comment

• Hello sock,

Urre and Zombie started the developement of the "DP pretty water".
                        That was 2007 as far as my memory goes...

There is a very interesting thread at inside3d, which you might want to read: here
                        It covers many of DPīs r_water 1 shaders.

The DP wiki had some more explanations, but it is down
                        Chipīs backup of it lacks this part unfortunately. But you should read the "Material creation" chapter nonetheless.
                        There is also a "darkplaces.txt" file which comes with the DP engine download in main folder.
                        Scroll it completely down to read some explanations.

I am sure you will be able to do wonderful stuff with it.
                        Just be careful and keep an eye on your fps-counter when using these shader-keywords.
                        (just in case you didnt do it yet, you need to enable "r_water" to "1")

Best of luck,
                        Seven

Comment

• @Seven, thanks for the thread link, it is perfect. I wish I had found that forum post last weekend, it would have saved me hours of trying to guess what the parameters do! I still can't believe how difficult it is to get documentation on DP, having to guess what things do is extremely frustrating.

If there was ever a good reason for a sticky thread it would be for links to stuff like that thread over at inside3d. As much as it is awesome to see the example water effects and other DP downloads, it would have been more useful to me to understand what the parameters do!

Comment

• Originally posted by sock View Post
                            I still can't believe how difficult it is to get documentation on DP, having to guess what things do is extremely frustrating.
                            Hello sock,

I was in the exact same situation when I first tinkered with dp_water shader or effectinfo syntax.
                            I didnt know about the DP-Wiki at that time and I had to change every value one after the other to see what has changed in-game...

But the DP-Wiki (as it was in the condition when Error hosted it) explained everything pretty well. Since it went down, Chip hosts an older backup copy on his page. It only lacks a few things.

An engine coder would suggest you to read the individual features inside the .c files
                            What means a lot of to *normal* persons like us, who are not familiar with .c files and their language....

But you are correct, all the "not-so-much-used" features are not well documented.
                            This also applies to all other engines by the way.
                            And lets not start talking about CSQC here

Best of luck,
                            Seven

Comment

• Some mods (Zerstorer for example) uses blood as liquid. Would be great to have it in high quality as these water/lava/slime

Comment

• webangel has made a shader for MP1 SoA aka HIPNOTIC blood liquid
                                http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...n-liquids.html

you could mod that shader so it gets used for zerstoreres blood

Comment

Working...
                                X