Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• green slime

Hello,

in the picture below you can see that there is no green slime visible.
    I use the DP Pretty Water Mod v0.55 with the Darkplaces Epsilon-Build. The transparent water is shown normal.

My system is Windows 7 Home 64bit and the graficscard is GeForce GTX 470.

Can anyone tell me how to activate the slime texture?

Thanks for your reply,

Condor-2-4-2
    Attached Files

Comment

• open console and type
      r_water 1
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Hello Talisa,

the mod is already activated in the config file, but the green slime doesn't appear.

Comment

• I tried to activate the water effect directly in the ingame console and now it works!

Is there a command to deactivate the visibilty of the players body when I walk in the water?

Comment

• ah i was trying to remember the cvar to fix the pretty water. thanks.
            My Avatars!
            Quake Leagues
            Quake 1.5!!!
            Definitive HD Quake

Comment

• Originally posted by Condor-2-4-2 View Post
              [...]
              I use the DP Pretty Water Mod v0.55 with the Darkplaces Epsilon-Build.
              [...]
              Hello Condor-2-4-2,

I am not quite sure if it is clear what the so called "Darkplaces Epsilon-Build" is.
              It is only an accumulation of replacement files from mainly this forum here.
              The person who made this, did this without the permission of original authors.
              There have been several authors, that asked the person to not include their work, as his intentions have not been good.
              He refused to accept their request and released it.
              End of a sad story...

Having that said, it is good that you are looking for updated versions of its replacement files. As almost all of the included replacement files are outdated.

Best is, to start from scratch and make your own compilation of existing replacements (including an up-to-date Darkplaces build and updated qc mod).

Originally posted by Condor-2-4-2 View Post
              the mod is already activated in the config file, but the green slime doesn't appear.
              If you are using the Darkplaces 64-bit-only version, be sure to also check your My Documents/My Games/Darkplaces folder, as it tends to write config data into there.

Originally posted by Condor-2-4-2 View Post
              [...] Is there a command to deactivate the visibilty of the players body when I walk in the water?
              Yes, as described above, the so called "Darkplaces Epsilon-Build" is outdated in every aspect. Update the SMC version at least, or even better start to build your own compilation of choice. All you need (= all that the person used for that compilation) is in this forum.

Originally posted by Syluxguy28O3 View Post
              ah i was trying to remember the cvar to fix the pretty water. thanks.
              It is written inside the readme.txt for your convenience

Kind regards,
              Seven

Comment

• Not even remotely true, Seven, but you're welcome to hold a grudge.
                Some of us have lives, and don't waste time arguing.
                Ciao-
                Matt
                There is no Dana, only Zuul

Comment

• Originally posted by xolve View Post
                  Not even remotely true, Seven, but you're welcome to hold a grudge.
                  Some of us have lives, and don't waste time arguing.
                  Ciao-
                  Matt
                  Hello xolve,

It has been a long time since you vanished out of this forum and asked Baker/Solecord to delete your thread, where all the “bad things” happened and OoPpEe even published one of your pm´s with insults and disrespects towards several authors.
                  Clever trick of yours, hehe. Only the people who visited this forum at that time know, what a bad person you really are and what you did. But that is OK. At least I know
                  Psshht, don’t tell anyone… It is a secret.

Thank you for taking your precious time and write some lines into this thread, as you are a really busy man.
                  If you want to continue writing about your past, go ahead. I am looking forward to have a nice and interesting conversation with you.

It is still sad that you do not stand to what you have done though. After all the time…
                  But now that you came back, we sure can expect an “Epsilon 2” soon. Where everything is better.

Best regards.

Comment

• Hrm...Im trying Webangels version with the dds shaders etc. Looks pretty good , only the entities seem to not get drawn when you think they should...

Is this because the maps need to be vized?

OOps, disregard this, yea I just found the link for the Viz'd ID maps, and they take care of this problem.....
                    Last edited by Cobalt; 06-19-2014, 08:19 PM.

Comment

• Ok, I also noticed this will fix the problem:

sv_cullentities_pvs 0

Somewhat of a FPS hit, but is it simpler to use this than revizin'g the maps per say?

Comment

• Despite the fact that my video card's too old for me to use this, I still like this project. I just wanted to ask (if I could use it) is it possible to adjust the "dirtiness" of the water? In the screenshots it looks clearer than I imagine/prefer. Also note, I want to modify exactly the dirty water, without affecting slime and clear water (e.g. the river in e1m1).
                        MOD it! Start Point Remake Quake Scout's Journey Quaketastic WhiteDay Quake Terminus UQE

Comment

• @hgdagon
                          you can adjust the transparentness of those easily by opening the shader in the pk3 and changing the qer_trans line of each texture

you can just open the shader with notepad or word since its nothing more then a text-file

afaik setting the number to a higher value will make the water more opaque
                          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                          > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• talisa,

Who told you this ? That is not true / Does not apply to DP.
                            Did you tried this before you replied ?

Hello hgdagon,

First of all, you need this list: click me
                            It will tell you exactly which water/slime texture is used in which map.
                            Based on this you can see which water/slime texture you have to edit to get the result to your personal likings.

I am not sure if I understood you correctly, as you said you cannot use the "DP pretty water" due to your computer hardware.

If you only want to edit the water texture (without using "DP pretty water"), you have to open that texture in your favorite texture editor and make your modifications. Any replacement supporting engine will use it if you put it into the correct subfolder.

If you want to use "DP pretty water", you have 2 possibilities:
                            A) Once you found in above mentioned list which water/slime texture you want to edit, open that texture inside the "DP pretty water" package and do it exactly like described above (for usage without "DP pretty water").
                            B) You can also adjust the alpha of the water/slime textures inside the "DP pretty water" without editing the textures themselves:
                            Open the .shader file inside the "DP pretty water" package and adjust the dp_water shader keyword.
                            These are its values:
                            dp_water <reflectmin> <reflectmax> <refractdistort> <reflectdistort> <refractr> <refractg> <refractb> <reflectr> <reflectg> <reflectb> <alpha>
                            You will get the biggest affect when modifying the last value. Raise it to make the water less transparent and thereby "dirtier". ATTENTION: Values above "1" are possible !

Here are 2 comparisms screenshots if you only want to do option B) (as described above).
                            Just playing around with the alpha value to show something...

If you edit the texture themselves, you will get of course a much better affect.

I once made a "Dirty water" version which combined A) and B) by request of some users several years ago. Its last version was V0.41. If you are interested I can send it to you.

Best wishes.

Comment

• I would be interested in that dirty water version Seven, if you can post the link it would be neat.

Also, those sample screenshots you supplied are interesting. Would a murkier / dirtier water like the one showing in e1m2 up there reflect anything on the surface at all? To me these all seem to be showing enough transparency to leave us with the impression the water beneath is actually clear / transparent.....with perhaps some junk or dirt floating on the surface. I suppose this is ok to cover that kind of possibility, but it comes back to I guess having the engine "fog" the liquid content in some way based on the parameters of the corresponding texture being used.

Comment

• Hello,

Unfortunately, the "Dirty version" doesnt work since october 2011 DP build anymore.
                                Due to a DP related shader change. Specifically 'blendfunc filter' visual/usage has been drasticaly changed. That already affected the teleporter as some might remember...

But then I had an idea and tried something with really impressive result.
                                The pictures below shows the situation with regular "DP pretty water" and a "dark/dirty version" inside and outside of the water.

It gets darker, the deeper/further it gets... it is best to see on the walls/tunnel.
                                Also reflections get less on dark/dirty water.

I used an evil/dirty hack of course to make this as you might have guessed, which needs engine support that is not possible yet. But maybe in the future...
                                The water would really benefit from it...

Best regards.

Comment

Working...
                                X