Lava Nail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lava Nail

For the Official Expansion of Quake by Rogue Entertainment.

I rarely play this expansion but I did notice the nail needed to match my normal nailgun's nail. So I took the model and reskinned it.
    I fooled around a bit and made 2 versions.
    1 will hit your FPS hard if you're on a lower end PC - I gave it the Grenade Trail smoke, looks very nice but heavy on FPS like I said.
    There is a normal version without. Uses 2 textures, diffuse and one glow. The glow is VERY low res - since the lava nail has no glow effect - I applied it (it's lava after all). Zip has both versions obvious which one has the smoke

Worked off and on this for the past week or so. Was never really satisfied with the effect. I don't really like the grenade trail on it as it's too large - I'd prefer if you could apply a much smaller trail however that would require editing of the progs.dat. I did try the DeathKnight effect but it was VERY hard on the eyes and FPS.

Sadly I do not know who to credit for the Nail Model itself - was included in a pack I downloaded.

Attached Files
    Last edited by LambentHammerBurst; 11-20-2010, 06:08 PM.

once again, great stuff.
    tweaking little details = big improvements to the game as a whole

Comment

If someone is interested in a High Res Weapon Pack for Mission Pack 1 + 2,
      webangel posted a nice one here (post #3).
      They will fit nicely to the lava nail.

Regards,
      Seven

Comment

Thanks ooppee, screenshot looks great, gonna try it out later.
        FPS Source Ports

Comment

Working...
        X