No announcement yet.

Ruohis models ++

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone here have a link for Rygel's texture pack that isn't that games.on.net site?

Comment

rygels_texturepack_xolveoptimised_02062012.7z | Game Front
      WARNING
      May be too intense for some viewers.
      Stress Relief Device
      ....BANG HEAD HERE....
      ---------------------------
      .--------------------------

Comment

What is the difference between the "normal" Rygel texture pack and the "xolveoptimised" one?

Comment

Hello TR2N,

Are you really interested in what Xolve made ?
          If your answer is yes, then click on this link: click

Comment

Thank you Seven, is it worth the try?

Comment

No it is not.
              If you already have the texture packs that Rygel made (which are based on an early release of QRP-Team diffuse textures), there is no need to download them all again. Read through Xolve´s description and you will understand.

To see if you can improve your Quake world textures visuals, you should test all available world texture packs by yourself:
              - QRP (with and without normals)
              - Rygels (High and Ultra (with and without normals))
              - Starbucks (base map set only)

You should read through this thread first.
              And especially what DeadTenor wrote.
              It will surely help you with your decision.

Last choice is to create your own mix of various packs (that is what I did).
              It is all a matter of personal liking in the end...

Comment

Thank you Seven. I was also using Rygels pack the first time i went back to Quake after years. What i liked, and that is the same DeadTenor wrote, is the fact that Rygels pack is a little bit darker than QRP. It was looking dark and dirty, the same thing i had in my mind when i was playing Quake again after a long break - a fucked up, dark and cold world. I will download the pack and will give it a try.

Comment

@TR2N
                  Rygel's package turns Quake into something VERY detailed and VERY (I mean VERY) high resolution and on the way it turns Quake into I-have-no-idea-what! The textures are not faithful, some 64x64 textures are actially present in pack in 1024x1024 (??) when 128x128 whould be HD enough. As a result Rygel's pack is very (and toeally needlesly) resource-demanding and totally NOT worth it. Xolve-optimized package is a mix of "high" and "ultra" versions of the Rygel, which fixes (at some point) Rygel's "recourse hunger". But it goes as much as that. Try QRP. Unlike Rygel's pack it's faithful. So to say "the same, but in higher resolution" Hope this helps.
                  MOD it! Start Point Remake Quake Scout's Journey Quaketastic WhiteDay Quake Terminus UQE

Comment

Where I can find Rygel high texture pack? I find only the ultra and slows my pc as hell.

Comment

Here!

Originally posted by IronWarfare View Post
                      Where I can find Rygel high texture pack? I find only the ultra and slows my pc as hell.

Comment

Finally! Very thanks, I've lost that file since some years and now I can have it again

Comment

Why does the screenshot for the plague's++ pack look different from the one in the actual file? In the screenshot, the trim looks almost orange and the space in between is just metal. In the actual file in game, the trim is more bronze/brass and the is a mesh in the middle.

btw, sorry for the bump. Didn't realize how old it was till after I posted.
                          Last edited by Legend; 06-22-2014, 04:09 PM.

Comment

id say its probably the lighting of the area where the screenshots were taken
                            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                            > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Originally posted by talisa View Post
                              id say its probably the lighting of the area where the screenshots were taken
                              Ah. I had a feeling that might have been the case. But in the pic there's doesn't seem to be any colored lighting in the scene.

btw, I realized that i failed to mention that it was the grenade launcher in particular that looks different in the screenshot on the first page than it does in game. The other skins all look the same as the screenshot.

Kind of a shame since the way it looks in the screenshot looks really cool.

Comment

if you look at the other pics, especially the one with the SSG, you can clearly see that there is colored lighting on the torches there.

either way, you could always take the texture into an image-editor like paintshop or photoshop and adjust it to be like how you'd like it
                                are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                                > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                                everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Working...
                                X