Ruohis models ++

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi rouhis

its been years...so glad to see check your mail.

i was very impressed by these rygel models and then i found out you made them all

you said you wanted no less than perfection...i can see this in the quality of your work.

my favorite is your grenade launcher model...with the grenade sliding in at the animation end...nice one.

could you upload your packs for us rouhis?

i use ooppees host Free large file hosting. Send big files the easy way!

its easy to set up and upload.

regards,

Sean.

Comment

Yeah Sendspace is great, sadly though limited downloads - which how many downloads depends on the files size. So great for the short-term or a file which won't receive insane traffic.
      I've deployed a PM to Solecord concerning a possible Quakeone.com/ooppee (or other name), however awaiting a reply. However that could help with traffic (if being hosted grants filespace aside from what's needed to run the page)

Comment

Uploaded Files

Upload password: ilovetheshubhub
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

.....I have that bookmarked with the title "Q1 Uploads - PW ilovetheshubhub" and I NEVER remember to actually use it.

Comment

just a quick check, what models are actually missing at the moment?

Besides all the moterh models I also did a few monster models, the ones with a bit simpler animation, oldone, fish and wizard,
            the shambler model and texture where completed but never got around to animation...

so basicly thats each and every item/weapon/etc model and a few monsters, witch have now been lost?

still one more week on this damn boat, so can't acces my computer until next weekend...
            Last edited by Ruohis; 02-25-2011, 10:16 AM.
            ::Ruohis.com :: Total Remodeling Progress :: Monster Remodelling Project :: New Player Model ::

Comment

Hello Ruohis,

also from my side: A big warm welcome hug !

Beeing a great fan of your models, I also used them for some experimental modifications.

So you will find your models spreaded all over this forum

I think your Armor is what kingennio has mentioned is the one that is missing.
              I am not sure if this is yours. It is the only one, where I dont know the author from:

Anyhow,
              best would be, if you could upload your complete pack.
              I followed every step you made back in 2007/2008 in your forum.
              From that time I know that you made many many different variations for almost all of your models.
              So if someone thinks he has your model, he sure misses 3 other variations of it
              Thats what i loved about them: The different versions. So you could pick the one you like most.

I am extremely curious about your monster models.
              You must know that we have a very talented person here: OoPpEe.
              He can bring every dead model to live !

Best Wishes for you.
              Seven

Comment

sorry not one of my
                my looks exactly the same as the original but only in high detail...
                plagues model is more closer to mine, only i modelled the shoulder pads to be more authentic, now that i think about it... the biosuit has the exact same shoulder pads as the armor

for reference, here's plagues armor:

I actually used primevils textures for my model since they where the best i could find, with some modifications naturally
                Last edited by Ruohis; 02-21-2011, 06:46 AM.
                ::Ruohis.com :: Total Remodeling Progress :: Monster Remodelling Project :: New Player Model ::

Comment

ha! found it! well at least an image
                  still some random screenshots left on even if all my posts have broken links and images.. http://www.quakeworld.nu/forum/viewtopic.php?id=312&p=1

this is at least some version of my model, had one version witch was hollow inside, and at least 3 different version of the shoulder pads... sizes and shapes, don't remember witch was the final..
                  Last edited by Ruohis; 02-21-2011, 07:00 AM.

Comment

got a new web site now since my old one was lost with my old isp, www.ruohis.com still nothing there, but eventually everything I made will be there

and the armor that was missing: http://www.ruohis.com/stuff/armor.zip it's not in any fancy pak file, i'll work on that later

enjoy

Comment

edit
                      Last edited by seanstar; 06-29-2012, 05:44 AM.

Comment

well done seanstar! Maybe I can finally complete my ruohis++ pack by putting in there your tweaked version of Ruohis' armor. I really like the gloss and normal you've made!
                        BTW, can you tell me how you managed to get those gloss maps? Are you using a special tool? My approach so far was to use the diffuse texture and change the saturation/contrast/brightness, but yours appear much more 3D-like
                        Last edited by kingennio; 03-01-2011, 03:51 AM.

Comment

Very nice! I am using, although I made my own gloss. Yours is great but it made it stand out too much compared to the other models I made, so made a custom.

@kingennio
                          Just from looking myself - he took the diffuse texture, put it into CrazyBump, then chose the right option.
                          Once loaded - click the specularity tab.
                          Set brightness to: 55
                          Metallic color to: 15
                          and volia

Comment

lol ooppee you're so smart

yeah its the metallic color setting in crazybump.

Comment

WHOA!!!!
                              It's starting to become REALLY hard to believe this is the old Quake engine anymore guys!!!!
                              Check out my awesome Deviant art page!
                              Quake fanart (obviously included)!

http://harry-the-fox.deviantart.com/

Comment

Yep this model is amazing - the only improvement it needs is the "seams" are very visible.

Comment

Working...
                                X