Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah sure, of course i have it

le voila: ooppee-laser.pk3

ps you can email lord havok about fixing the glow all you want, but thats something that is not done engine-side.
    lord-havok only works on the engine itself, not on these effects and stuff like that
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

thanks again man, yeah ooppee posted in that other thread that lasers, quad/pent glow, and possibly wall torches, all use a common definition in the sourcecode of EF_DIMLIGHT and editing the definition isnt possible in the effectsinfo.txt file. hopefully lordhavok can fix it someday to allow us to edit these as effects too, or provide some cvars to adjust the display properties of each. that way we can have a seperate effect for both the laser and the hellknight trails. :p actually i wonder if we could set this laser to use the lavaball property? that glows nice and orange hmmmmm

Comment

actually, it is possible to adjust this effect.
        http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...mpilation.html
        in the small mod compilation seven redefined every effect of every item of the game to use its own effectinfo entry, so you can easily adjust every aspect of every effect from every item in the game

also the glow of the enforcers laser-blast

the item you'll be looking for is near the top, the item named
        'effect laser_trail' should do what you want, the bottom lines of that effect set the lights on the laser

just like i for example increased blood amount when gibs fly around, and in rogue i added the hell-knights flametrail to the lava-nails
        Last edited by talisa; 08-15-2012, 08:59 AM.
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

hey splitter the ooppee laser you uploaded was the plain one without a hellknight trail on it, and when i tried to open it as a mdl with qme to add one it said its an invalid file. is it actually an md3 file or something else? and if so, how can you set those bitflags on the model if its not a real mdl file

i havent installed the smc yet, looks like a lot of work to set it up and it probably wont work with other games that have a custom progs.dat? thats why for now i'm just trying to make everything look nice the hard way hehe

Comment

yeah i think its actually an md3. so just manually change the extension to md3 and you should be able to open it.

smc isnt any work at all, its just drop a pk3 in your ID1 folder, and copy over the effectinfo and autoexec.cfg from the rar into id1 folder, and done.

but yeah, it wont work with mods and such that use a custom progs.dat, itll only work with maps and such that do not come with their own progs.dat

anyways, here is a special tool lordhavok has made which allows quickly changing flags on models. id have no clue though which flag is the one you'd need to set on the laser to have it use the hellknights projectiles effect.
            http://www.mediafire.com/?ima7on9x4p5deon

Comment

Model flags:
              http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...es-models.html

Guide:
              http://quakeone.com/71757-post484.html

Comment

Originally posted by echos View Post
                ...i havent installed the smc yet, looks like a lot of work to set it up...
                Hello echos,
                What makes you think it is hard to set it up ?
                It is just 1 single, lonely .pk3 file.
                You do not need anything else.
                Only put this 1 small file into your ID1 and you can already play it.

Seeing what you want to do:
                'Giving a model a hardcoded flag' is telling me that you are looking for some particles in your Quake and maybe some eye-candy as well.
                In that case, you should try it at least one time.
                I guess you will like it.
                Just be sure to not continue a saved game, because changing a 'progs.dat' with a savegame gives you issues.

And always remember:
                Giving a model a fixed flag (and thereby a fixed particle effect) will most probabaly not look good, because it isnt made for that specific model.
                And without haveing a custom effectinfo.txt, this will not make a big difference anyhow. You will have the original DP hellknight trail effect on it.

With the mod, you will be able (just like splitterface say) to edit the particle effect to your personal liking.
                But the mod already has a custom particle effect for all projectiles and models, so first try the ones that come with the mod before you change something.

Have fun,
                Seven

I am sorry for offtopic.

Comment

Hi everyone, I did a mod compilation for ID1 but I have a problem with the enforcer's multiskins and models, sometimes the model is completely invisible, and when I manage to get it to display, the weapon does not move and when I kill it it remains standing and freezes ... I use MULTISKINS_QUOTH_TABUN_ENFORCER-TALISA.PK3 and ZMONSTERS-ENFORCER-TABUN.PK3 Can someone help me to finish my mod correctly please? Thank's.

http://quakeone.com/forum/quake-help...r-models-skins

Comment

Working...
                  X