Dissolution of Eternity (MP2) weapons + ammo pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dissolution of Eternity (MP2) weapons + ammo pack

with authorization by ooppee, I've assembled a weapons pack for Rogue. It contains all skins and models released by ooppee (starting from ruohis' models/skins) with some tweaks of mine on gloss/glow/normal maps (updated to version January 15th).
    I've also included the ammo boxes by webangel and me for the new weapons. All credits go to ooppee!

ooppee-rogue-weapons-pack
    Last edited by kingennio; 01-17-2011, 01:18 AM.

posted link

Comment

i cant understand differences between the 2 packs... it's only your new shaders?
      Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

"Not dead is what forever can wait" (HPL)

Comment

Originally posted by inkub0 View Post
        i cant understand differences between the 2 packs... it's only your new shaders?
        you mean between this and ooppee's? This one includes also the ammo packs and the g_weapons (the pickup models) previously released by ooppee. I didnt make new shaders, only remade the normals (the one included by ooppee often come from rygel's pack and these have the famous bug of the alpha channel in the normal map), and tweaked some gloss/glow maps. Nothing new, just a complete pack for ease of use: drop in rogue folder and play!

N.B. this pack doesnt include the plasma gun fix because it assumes the use of either ooppee's version or seven's mod compilation for rogue (nailfix-newfire-footsteps) the itself includes ooppee's fix.

Comment

Edited normals and gloss maps + inclusion of Ammo boxes (I was going to included but Seven isn't done the pack)

Comment

I knew that posting the same content twice in one day will bring up questions...

It will even get worse, when I release the complete Quake ammo pack with shaders.
            I even think about not releasing it, due to this reason.

Release someones work is great, but confusing the users should be avoided.

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post
              I knew that posting the same content twice in one day will bring up questions...

It will even get worse, when I release the complete Quake ammo pack with shaders.
              I even think about not releasing it, due to this reason.

Release someones work is great, but confusing the users should be avoided.
              I support your pack Seven! I think it's a better option for DarkPlaces since it makes use of shaders. But I also think that this simpler version with no shaders is good for other engines and for those (like myself) who have performance concerns and are content with static glow maps. Pulsating glow effect is really great but increases size (due to the added textures) and takes a bit of processing. I think it's great to have both options.

Comment

i dream that we will finally have an installer with many choices.
                For this reason, i hope that Seven will release an alternative version =)
                Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

Comment

Yeah in my pack I left out the g_weapons as they are non-existing in the Mission Pack. I included then in my previous releases for the simple use of supporting modders (if they want to use them in a mod - they got a g_ and v_ model ready for them). I kept it out of my release as a pack to keep the file size down for content people wouldn't generally use (except modders).
                  I am going to release a "Modders Pack" though in the same release thread that contains the g_models and all the other content in a simple zip file instead of PK3

Comment

Originally posted by kingennio View Post
                    I support your pack Seven! I think it's a better option for DarkPlaces since it makes use of shaders. But I also think that this simpler version with no shaders is good for other engines and for those (like myself) who have performance concerns and are content with static glow maps. Pulsating glow effect is really great but increases size (due to the added textures) and takes a bit of processing. I think it's great to have both options.
                    Not much of a issue anymore Seven's been working on doing the animations - I've been optimizing the model so the need for more texture space isn't needed. If you take a look at my g_laserg.mdl from the SoA pack with it using shaders - will notice that it's only a extra 679kb that's using 256x256 textures - the glows on the boxes are even smaller textures. We "cheat" by making a "null" texture which is 100% invisible and 8x8 and make a _glow texture that goes along with it which is full resolution. Requires adding a couple polygons to the model to apply that texture to.
                    For example right now we have a animated multi-rocket ammo. It's currently 11mb of textures - by me doing the trick above - can drop it to 2mb or less.
                    Last edited by LambentHammerBurst; 01-17-2011, 06:04 PM.

Comment

deleted (posted in the wrong thread. LOL)

Comment

That's not cheat, but smart programming =)
                        Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

Comment

Yes, OoPpEe´s smart modeling makes it possible, that you will NOT notice any difference
                          - performance-wise
                          - map-loading-time-wise

It separates the main texture completely from the animation texture.

Thats the secret to be able to do wonderful shader animations without resources issues.

So there is NO handicap for people with "old computer systems" in using shader-driven models.

Unfortunately, its only usable with DarkPlaces at the moment.

To give you a sample, what you can expect:

Kind Regards,
                          Seven

Comment

Check your PM from over 11mb for that above animation to 1.35mb

Comment

That is what I explained in above post OoPpEe: smart modeling

You will have the visual from above gif, but it does not negatively affect your game performance.

Nobody can do smart modeling better than you.

Comment

Working...
                              X