X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dawn sexy

Comment

Dear all,

I created a "classic" (not shader driven) version of this ammo pack by request.

This gives the possibility for people, using different engines then DarkPlaces, to use it as well.

Be aware, that the boxes will lose the animation visual completely !

Due to various ways/standards in placing the models/textures (which subfolders), you must check your engines readme to find out.
      Or ask the dev directly...
      ...it is told, that they visit quakeone from time to time

Minimum engine requirement for the "classic" pack:
      - handling .md3 models
      - handling .tga textures
      - OPTIONAL: handling these texture types: _glow, _gloss, _norm

Here you go: klick, alternative download

Again, for DarkPlaces users, it is highly recommended to use the shader-animated version.

Kind regards,
      Seven
      Last edited by Seven; 10-02-2011, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Awesome, thanks Seven!

Comment

You guys are great ! I LOVE this place !!

Comment

These look great! The only problem Im having is with the rocket ammo. The animated sections are just a gray area in DP for me

maps/b_rock1.bsp: could not load texture "b_id1rocketbar.tga"

I get 2 of those on the console. The other one is identical to that except its "b_rock0.bsp" instead of "b_rock1"

I tried a clean install, unpacking the pk3. But the rockets are the only thing that wont work correctly
            If you see 427 playing Quake thats me.

Comment

Slap this into your textures folder.
              However the b_id1rocketbar.tga shouldn't be loaded at all due to the shader. Are you using these in a different engine? If so that would be the reason - it should be coming up with the spinning animation - I have the texture absent in mine and it works perfectly. The shader overwrites the texture with b_id1rocketbar_00,b_id1rocketbar_01,b_id1rocketbar _02 ect ect
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks a lot Seven and ooppee! You guys are the best, with your work Quake is becoming awesome!

Comment

this is typically great stuff guys...

Comment

@ sb306

I tried to simulate your issue but could not.
                    - tried several DarkPlaces builds.
                    - double-checked the content from my 2 release packs

The thing which is really wired is, that you only have an issue with the ID1 rocket.
                    That makes absolutely no sense.
                    If one shader work, then all shader must work.

Please do/check the following:
                    1.) Open the shader file in "scripts" folder with notepad.
                    Search for "b_id1rocketbar" (without quotes and without .tga).
                    You must find it.
                    a little below the animation, should be:
                    animMap 10 textures/b_ID1rocketbar_00.tga textures/b_ID1rocketbar_01.tga ... and so on (until _15)
                    Then it should work.

2.) Use another program to unzip my release pack.
                    I used classic WinZip to pack it.
                    Seanstar told me several days ago, that he experienced problems, when using 7zip.
                    Maybe that could be the reason.

3.) Use this DP build

Its really wired, because all other shaders work.
                    They are all in the same file.
                    Until now nobody else had this issue.

Hope I could help a little.

Kind regards,
                    Seven

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post
                      @ sb306

I tried to simulate your issue but could not.
                      - tried several DarkPlaces builds.
                      - double-checked the content from my 2 release packs

The thing which is really wired is, that you only have an issue with the ID1 rocket.
                      That makes absolutely no sense.
                      If one shader work, then all shader must work.

Please do/check the following:
                      1.) Open the shader file in "scripts" folder with notepad.
                      Search for "b_id1rocketbar" (without quotes and without .tga).
                      You must find it.
                      a little below the animation, should be:

Then it should work.

2.) Use another program to unzip my release pack.
                      I used classic WinZip to pack it.
                      Seanstar told me several days ago, that he experienced problems, when using 7zip.
                      Maybe that could be the reason.

3.) Use this DP build

Its really wired, because all other shaders work.
                      They are all in the same file.
                      Until now nobody else had this issue.

Hope I could help a little.

Kind regards,
                      Seven
                      Originally posted by ooppee View Post
                      Slap this into your textures folder.
                      However the b_id1rocketbar.tga shouldn't be loaded at all due to the shader. Are you using these in a different engine? If so that would be the reason - it should be coming up with the spinning animation - I have the texture absent in mine and it works perfectly. The shader overwrites the texture with b_id1rocketbar_00,b_id1rocketbar_01,b_id1rocketbar _02 ect ect
                      Well I had checked the files lastnight. And they were all where they were supposed to be.

I tried putting that id1rocketbar.tga in textures, but thesame thing happened.

But!, I tried the DP build that was in Seven's post. Everything works now. It also fixed some trouble I was having with the reforged scripts and progs folder. The build from april 2010 would not load any of the reforged monsters either.

Thanks for the help guys. Everything looks great.
                      If you see 427 playing Quake thats me.

Comment

This is very interesting sb306.

You know, I always recommend this DarkPlaces build to everyone who experience issues.
                        Just like you had.

And suprisingly it solves the issues for around 75% of the people.

This proofs, that the latest "stable" build should be avoided and that mentioned beta should be used.
                        Newer betas are available, but bring new issues (example: DP pretty water).
                        Thank god LordHavoc is on a very good path with his autobuilds from 2011.
                        They combine the good performance, new features and stablility.

I bet that the upcoming beta in february will be perfect

I am really happy that I could help you.

Kind Regards,
                        Seven

Comment

now i'm always using the latest autobuild with no isssues...
                          Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

"Not dead is what forever can wait" (HPL)

Comment

Originally posted by seanstar View Post
                            hello

i really like the boxes Seven...worth the wait for sure

nice plasma ammo ooppee.
                            Aw ... I was gonna embed your video in a news post. Alas, I can't find the video in FireFox's history.
                            Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyVfblF0WU4]YouTube - Quake Darkplaces - Animated Ammo Boxes[/ame]

Uploaded a video already for you Baker (not the same as seanstars - different ammoboxes)

Comment

Even though Seanstar's video was only a few seconds long he was moving around that gave a feel for the 3D feel of them in the map.

(And well, you kind of have the one box in the shadows and you can't see it very well, hehe )
                                Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Working...
                                X