No announcement yet.

Shader-Animated b_boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol my issue was fixed if you notice from my Shamblers Castle models topic - my screenshots are using default world textures - cleaning up my folders and nicely sorting into pk3's

In short ensure you are doing a actual 100% Fresh install. Not a backup folder (or ack! a torrent).
    A fresh install should have your maps folder and textures folder empty. So ensure they are then place his pk3 in (and only that pk3) and see then.
    Darkplaces executes things like this: .pak, pk3 then folders last.
    So you may have the pk3 in the right spot but by simply having a file outside the pk3 can cause it as it "overwrites" the previous files. Example:
    qdemon.tga - in my shmblr-cstl.pk3 - normal skin
    qdemon.tga - in my /textures folder - blue skin

When I play - the Fiend/Demon will be blue. I could make 1000 different skins and put it in the pk3 - he will remain blue. So my suggestion was just to ensure your maps and textures folder are empty - also make sure you DON'T have a shaders folder either as a fresh install will never have it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
      a reminder, I don't know if you guys recall but I recall the NIN logo being a small-subject of discussion in how it constricted the quakeone community's ability to release a "free" version of Quake,due to Trent Reznor would release hell hounds and demons to come kill us for using the logo,or something like that.

it just popped into my head,thought I would bring it up just incase it matters or could matter,at a later time.
      As long as we hold the logo sacred to the nail boxes theres nothing legal being broken. In fact any free promotion of it should be welcomed. It's Only an issue of royalties if the logo were used in a
      product that was not free.
      WARNING
      May be too intense for some viewers.
      Stress Relief Device
      ....BANG HEAD HERE....
      ---------------------------
      .--------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post
        Hello kreaper,

(we had contact a while ago in the Reforged thread because of spinning models issue)

Until now we managed to make it work for everyone.
        OoPpEe and I will try hard to help you too

Seven
        thank you seven and ooppee for the quick reply. ill try those things sometime soon (hopefully later tonight) and i think that it might actually be a conflicting issue now. anyways gonna figure it out stuff looks great def worth it. thanks again

Comment

oh THE ROCKET AMMO !!
          I think i might have made sticky pants on accident...
          SURGEON GENERAL WARNING:
          THE IMITATION OF ANY OR ALL MANEUVERS EXECUTED BY A BB2 H23A1 4WS PRELUDE IS HAZARDOUS TO YOUR CAR'S HEALTH. DRIVING A PRELUDE MAY CAUSE LOSS OF INTEREST IN OTHER CARS, WOMEN AND SPEED LIMITS. OTHER SYMPTOMS INCLUDE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS, COLD SWEATS AND OTHER SYMPTOMS RELATED TO ADDICTION. IF THE SYMPTOMS PERSIST,DRIVE!
          sigpic

Comment

[B]I would be happy if you give some Feedback. Thank you.
            Kind Regards,
            Seven
            Some of the models animate while others don't.
            Any ideas?

WARNING
            Stress Relief Device
            ....BANG HEAD HERE....

Comment

Hello bluntz,

Thank you for your feedback. I think I can help.

1.) Please look at post #1 and #14 of this thread.
              I made gif files for your convenience to see what to expect before you download the pack.
              As you will see on these 2 posts, not every b_box is animated.
              You showed in your clip the shell0 b_box. Yes, this one has no animation (just as you see it on post #1).
              Same with the bh10 b_box (= small medikit).
              Thats a perfect way to seperate them in-game.
              When the red light is blinking, it´s the bh25

2.) The health b_boxes from post #14 are NOT in the pack from post #1 (these are QRP´s work).
              There are ONLY ammo b_boxes in my pack.
              If you want to have the nice health b_boxes normal textures i made (see post #14), be sure to download the pack in post #14.

3.) Your DP build.
              I think the reason for your "rock1" and "batt1" ammo box have no animation is your DP build.
              Same issue that sb306 had. See post #25. Shader issue in DP.
              Please use this build. It sure can handle the shader.
              Or try the little older build that I suggest in post #25.
              I know you use another OS, so I hope that one of these 2 DP builds can be run on your OS.

Tell me if you still have problems after trying 1.) - 3.)

Kind regards,
              Seven

[EDITED]
              bluntz,
              your clip is so tiny.... but as I just watched it again, I saw that batt1 model at the beginning.
              And I think that you use the "classic" pack (not the normal one) !
              As you know, I created the "classic" pack for other engines than DarkPlaces.
              Only DarkPlaces can handle the animation shader at the moment.
              The classic version has no shader and therefore no animation at all.

Please double check, if you have the "regular" DarkPlaces pack installed.
              The batt1 textures in your tiny clip looks like you havent...
              [/EDITED]
              Last edited by Seven; 04-17-2011, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Yes you are correct I have both of your paks in there!
                I also run Qrack.
                Running DP standalone is a work in progress as I have let them share the same dir for years.Only this recent explosion in development (a large portion of it yours)has pushed me to separate them.
                Seldom have I ever been happy about doing tons of rework.
                But this time is the exception.
                Thanks for all your hard work!
                WARNING
                Stress Relief Device
                ....BANG HEAD HERE....

Comment

All animate that are supposed to now.
                  Also heathkits on Qrack animate now also.
                  WARNING
                  Stress Relief Device
                  ....BANG HEAD HERE....

Comment

Dear all,

I reuploaded the health boxes pack by request.
                    With diffuse textures from QRP team, that matches the ammo boxes nicely.

Have fun,
                    Seven

Comment

Cool Seven!

Comment

@ sb306

I tried to simulate your issue but could not.
                        - tried several DarkPlaces builds.
                        - double-checked the content from my 2 release packs

The thing which is really wired is, that you only have an issue with the ID1 rocket.
                        That makes absolutely no sense.
                        If one shader work, then all shader must work.

Please do/check the following:
                        1.) Open the shader file in "scripts" folder with notepad.
                        Search for "b_id1rocketbar" (without quotes and without .tga).
                        You must find it.
                        a little below the animation, should be:

Then it should work.

2.) Use another program to unzip my release pack.
                        I used classic WinZip to pack it.
                        Seanstar told me several days ago, that he experienced problems, when using 7zip.
                        Maybe that could be the reason.

3.) Use this DP build

Its really wired, because all other shaders work.
                        They are all in the same file.
                        Until now nobody else had this issue.

Hope I could help a little.

Kind regards,
                        Seven
                        Hello Seven, I have grey areas instead of the yellow/black pattern on the rocket boxes, I'd like to try out your options, but I dont know how to intall the DP build. My Quake is bought from Steam and I used the Ultimate Quake Patch found on Steams fora to get dark places running in the first place.

Could you instruct me how to install the DP build you posted a link to, please?
                        Last edited by Arcodus; 10-18-2011, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Hello Arcodus,

The first thing needed to know before answering your question is:
                          Do you play your Quake THROUGH Steam ?
                          I mean, do you want/need Steam to play Quake ?

I dont recommend it, because all you need from your purchased Quake are these 2 files:
                          - pak0.pak
                          - pak1.pak
                          Then you can forget Steam and play/use every modern engine you want.
                          You can play single player as well as multiplayer with these modern engines.

This step is basic/fundamental for you to be able to use the beautiful things that you find here in this forum.
                          If you say "YES, I want", then do this:

1.) Create a new folder anywhere on your harddisc (totaly Steam independent)
                          2.) Call this folder "Quake"
                          3.) Create a subfolder in it and call it "id1"
                          4.) copy/paste your pak0.pak and pak1.pak into "id1"
                          5.) Choose an enhanced/modern engine
                          5.) a) Use THIS post from MH to learn more about the pros/cons of existing engines
                          5.) b) Lets say you want to use DarkPlaces (because only this engine fully supports this pack here)
                          6.) So go right HERE and chose the DP build of your choice (read my remarks carefully)
                          7.) Extract the DP build that you donwloaded directly into your "Quake" folder.
                          7.) a) Be sure you extracted it correctly (darkplaces.exe must be in your "Quake" folder)
                          8.) Now you can already start Quake via "darkplaces.exe".
                          9.) Now you can put all the crazy .pk3 files that you find in this forum in your "id1" folder.
                          9.) a) You will find improved replacement contents for EVERYTHING here (also the soundtrack)
                          9.) b) Various people already helped you in your personal "welcome" thread.
                          10.) Most important thing: Feel free to ask questions if you need/want.
                          10.) a) Second most important thing: Have fun

Best wishes,
                          Seven

Comment

Thank you, Seven, it now work gloriously! This is awesome!

Comment

Hey guys, first time poster here, been enjoying darkplaces + rygel + bboxes + smc + z_overload -
                              but unfortunately the shadered bboxes have disappeared - only normal bboxes now.
                              All the pk3s I've installed have been extracted and overwritten over top of the previous files.

I've tried extracting from the pk3 from bboxes and overwriting the existing files again, but nothing changes.
                              I suspect it was the reflecting_overload pack that did it (but I don't know).
                              Anyway -
                              without having to reinstall everything again (as I actually deleted the massive rygel ultra pack install files) is there anything I can check to get this running?

Most recent stable build of darkplaces and most recent version of all packs.
                              As I said, _EVERYTHING_ else is running fine, but just not those bboxes. Grrr...
                              I WANTS MY FLASHY COLOURZZZ!!!

Cheers
                              M@
                              There is no Dana, only Zuul

Comment

Update: discovered I hadn't deleted the rygel pk3 - thank goodness.
                                Anyway, tried starting a new quake directory with just the bboxes pk3, vis'd maps and the particle font.

Still no blinky lights.
                                Texture is same as classic bboxes texture, but no shader action.

Also tried seven's config file, no dice.
                                Also tried using that old beta build recommended earlier- no dice again.
                                Tried with rygel, no dice, tried with smc pack, no dice.

Not sure what's going on here.

Shaders are working for portals etc in old quake directory, so it can't be shaders alone. It was running at one point, so:

What are the base requirements of the bboxes pack? IE. every pack and/or additional file required top run it?
                                Last edited by xolve; 11-19-2011, 03:01 AM.
                                There is no Dana, only Zuul

Comment

Working...
                                X