No announcement yet.

Shader-Animated b_boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ah im sorry, i had misread that in seven's posts, didnt see he said it uses original quake bsp's

but still, it wouldnt make sense to include something that is not neccesary to be included if no other mods are used cuz it are original quake-files.
    and besides, you cant just include original quake-files with your mod cuz of copyright.

but yes, it does however mean that using this b-boxes pack means that you need to modify other mods IF they also modify the health-boxes.
    since there is no way to use tons of add-ons without having to do some modifications to some of them yourself to make everything work properly.

especially if yo use rygels pack you will have to do some fixing to it since rygels pack is a compilation which already combines tons of addons, and there isnt really kept in mind some people might want to use that pack in combination with other addons since it was supposed to be an "all-in-one" pack which included pretty much everything there was around back when the pack was made
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Hello,

Many 'gif´s' on 1st page did not work anymore in the meantime.
      I reuploaded them.

Have fun,
      Seven

Comment

Seven, I have an issue with the health packs not animating. The rest of the models do just fine. Any ideas what the problem could be? I think maybe the shader is missing from the pk3?

Thanks again as always.
        Last edited by Roy Batty; 08-20-2012, 05:27 AM.
        Regular One Man Slaughterhouse

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post

4.) Health boxes (they are not included in this pack ! Download them here):

Health boxes:

Originally posted by Roy Batty View Post
          Seven, I have an issue with the health packs not animating. The rest of the models do just fine. Any ideas what the problem could be? I think maybe the shader is missing from the pk3?

Thanks again as always.
          Hello Roy Batty,
          the health boxes are in a another pack.

Comment

Yes, I downloaded them (Seven's). They still don't animate. Depending on where the boxes are in the map, they have a different animation frame displayed, but they remain static.

also let me note, that I don't use pk3's as they tend to conflict with each other (no matter how I name them), I extract them and replace files with the versions I want. So far this has worked fine, but it's not working with these. In the animated b-boxes I noticed it has a shader file, but the health boxes pack doesn't.

:EDIT:

Nevermind, I figured it out. I had to delete the bsp's in the maps folder from QRP and now they work.
            Last edited by Roy Batty; 08-20-2012, 08:00 PM.
            Regular One Man Slaughterhouse

Comment

Hey Seven,

I see on Ruohis' site that he has reuploaded basically all of his models back in August 2012. Maybe it's worth checking whether something has changed there and update the animated b_model pack according to these (if needed)?

*EDIT*
              I just realized that Ruohis implemented some of the shaders by himself, at least for the ammo boxes. So it seems only the health boxes and the exploding boxes aren't animated.
              Last edited by NightFright; 02-26-2013, 03:14 AM.
              Authentic Models Pack
              OriOn's ID1 Model Fixes for MP1+2
              LIT/VIS files for Quake addons

Comment

no changes to the older models
                ::Ruohis.com :: Total Remodeling Progress :: Monster Remodelling Project :: New Player Model ::

Comment

Originally posted by NightFright View Post
                  So it seems only the health boxes and the exploding boxes aren't animated.
                  From what I remember, the ammo on Ruhis' site, was the one from this thread. Does it changed ?
                  You can try these animated healthboxes

@Ruohis
                  You can put them on your site. Only if you like them, of course.

Have you made any progress on monsters ?
                  You should at least finish the Shambler, it looks great.
                  Quake HD: Embrace the decline and have some guilty pleasure with it, or join a club for monocled gentlemen at quaddicted and play Quake the way it's meant to be played.

Comment

I cant for the life of me figure this out.
                    been all over the forum looking for any other thread about this
                    and found nothing.
                    I love the animated shader exploding box texture but when i shoot them they dont blow up.
                    currently running without them... has anyone else had this problem.
                    I am running all the other shader boxes(health packs, rockets)fine.
                    also running small mod compilation, only using the bubbles from qrt item textures.

Comment

Hello muribundi,

Forest ‘LordHavoc’ Hale wrote:
                      2013-03-01:

New darkplaces update:
                      added support for RMQe maps like "Something Wicked This Way Comes" by Tronyn, this map format is slightly worse (smaller coordinate limit) than the BSP2 that darkplaces already supported.
                      fixed bug with the two shalrath not spawning in hip2m3 - this took a far-reaching analysis and bugfix effort for droptofloor and MOVETYPE_STEP in general, this should improve compatibility with other maps too.
                      sv_gameplayfix_ cvars default off now, this should make most mods compatible by default rather than requiring tweaked cfg files, these cvars do default on for non-quake games however (Nexuiz, Steel Storm: Burning Retribution, etc).
                      skeletal model animation is now hardware accelerated where possible (OpenGL 3 / DX10 cards), this greatly improves fps in Nexuiz and other games with skeletal models.
                      New dpmod release to reenable the sv_gameplayfix_ cvars that are disabled by default now.
                      The rootcause for your issue is described in this change history.
                      You must enable some sv_gameplayfix_ cvars again.

In your specific case it is:
                      sv_gameplayfix_setmodelrealbox "1"
                      "sv_gameplayfix_" cvars are not saved in config.cfg´s, so you have to copy/paste this line into your autoexec.cfg.

It is somehow irritating, that the Quake-replacement-engine no.1 disabled its replacement supporting cvar fixes...
                      So be sure to read readme´s and life will be easier sometimes

Have fun with your Quake.
                      Seven

Comment

Thanks seven , dont know how many issues youve solved for me just by reading your older posts.
                        I need to rebuild my setup so ill get back to post its working.
                        I am also having a problem with the paeticles ent s they work but seem to
                        only spawn maybe half of the particles in the effect.
                        I just got into darkplaces a week ago so I am running latest stable build.
                        Do you think it is the version im running doing that also then?
                        I took apart my entire build last night so ill rebuild and try this fix.

Update: explosion works now thanks seven,blew up the box in e1m1 and the gib was glorious with extended blood painting
                        the walls and slowmo effect, great moment.
                        Still dont know whats going on with extra particle effects though.
                        Last edited by muribundi; 04-27-2013, 03:03 PM.

Comment

@muri
                          eyup, thats a known issue with the latest builds, that particle-effects have less amount of particles spawned
                          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Thanks talisa, so I cant fix it unless I get an older build or just be patient and see if someone that understands coding (unlike me) fixes it,maybe lord havocs next build.

Comment

you dun have to understand code for that.

all you have to do is edit the effectinfo.txt included with smc,
                              and increase the particle-amount of each effect so it looks like in older builds again

some example effects found in SMC...the numbers on red-colored lines are the lines which you wanna increase.
                              try doubling or tripling their amount to check how many times you have to multiply them so it restores the effects to normal,
                              and then do the same amount of multiplying for every effect-entry
                              Code:
                              effect baked_explode
                              [COLOR="Red"]count 150	[/COLOR]
                              type alphastatic
                              tex 44 46
                              size 1 5  
                              sizeincrease 0.1
                              color 0x433000 0x433000 
                              alpha 177 256 20
                              originoffset 0 0 10
                              originjitter 11 11 20  
                              velocityjitter 40 40 50
                              velocityoffset 0 0 10
                              gravity 0.3
                              bounce 1.3

Code:
                              effect spider_paralyze_player1
                              [COLOR="Red"]countabsolute 50[/COLOR]
                              tex 0 7
                              type smoke
                              color 0x32CD32 0x388E23
                              size 15 15
                              sizeincrease -24
                              alpha 80 100 200
                              airfriction 5
                              liquidfriction 7
                              originoffset 0 0 24
                              originjitter 13 13 13
                              Last edited by talisa; 04-27-2013, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Thanks again, been playing with this and it completely solves the problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X