Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shader animated Healthpacks + Mega

Download Link Updated *May 22 2011*

Well nowhere as detailed as Sevens pack. I went with a more subtle effect. In light areas - not as noticeable - in dark its VERY noticeable.
    These are basically completely Ruohis' work. I just added the shaders and extras (normal, gloss, glow)
    The buttons on the Healthpack do alternate and glow. However due to the resolution of the video - it isn't noticable. The same goes for the the red bar beside the buttons and below the cross on the mega health. It's also animated with a pulsing light that scrolls across.
    I made 2 youtube videos

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Adb-XK4pdls[/ame]
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulzm0WW6_gA[/ame]

***Download Here***

Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

"Not dead is what forever can wait" (HPL)

Comment

very nice. I installed this earlier today and played with em a bit. Very nice compliment to the animated ammo boxes. I was surprised when I saw that the other animated packages didn't include animations for the health. The healthpacks are the few things that do animate in stock Quake. Great that you made the animation subtle like that. Makes Quake feel even more real, living, and breathing. I stopped after a fight and just enjoyed the atmosphere, the blood smeared on the walls, the health/ammo packs pulsating in the darkness
      Clan Brotherhood of the Axe

Comment

I think it's been overlooked because of QRP. Their textures used the original bsp model and those had a 3 frame animation. So people considered it "done".
        Nice that you like it, I wanted that glow in the dark but not in light (thank you blendmode blend).

Comment

So for animated items we have:
          Explosive barrels
          Ammo boxes
          Healthpacks

what are some others we could add shaders to?
          I have thought of adding a shader to the Thunderbolt/Shaft weapon pickup. Adding a fade in/out on the bottom of the gun. I have added a glow to the Grenade, perhaps I could make it fade in/out and then also apply that to the pickup model.

However the main project that needs to be done by someone is the textures for the Mission Packs. Seven has done the ammo boxes for all 3 (id1/hip/rge), I've done the weapons for the Mission Packs (Wish someone would reskin them - variety is better!), Reforged has the monsters covered until remodels are done. That's all that's left really - Mission Pack Textures. Once those are done we have a full HD Quake and then after that it's improving or making alternates to what's available.

Comment

Hello OoPpEe,

may I give a reply to your post.
            Your idea of adding pulsating animation to g_models is good, but then you would have to stop their spinning.
            This is something I already noticed on your laser g_model.
            The fact, that it is spinning and the player is standing still, makes it almost impossible to see the animation, because you only see the area every few seconds.
            I was not able to "really" see the animated area of your laser g_model.
            I had to use noclip and fly above the weapon to be able to see that area constantly.
            Then I "really" saw the animation.
            If the weapon would not spin, it could be seen easily.

But that is just my opinion, and I am often wrong with it...

The idea of a countdown-grenade is (which you mentioned in another thread) is perfect.
            I would at once use it.
            The animation frequence in the shader file can be easily adjusted to match the detonation time of the grenade.
            So also unexperienced player would be able to "calculate" the detonation easily.

Regarding the Misison pack textures:
            I made the prework to do it here
            With that list, you get an overview of the upcoming work:
            285 textures is not a piece of cake !
            I already talked with Moon[Drunk] about it. Actually there is no plan in doing it, but you never know
            Many of them (around 60%) are only slightly different to ID1īs textures.
            So using the ID1īs for them would be almost not recognizable in-game.
            I found a nice High Res "stone5_0" texture in one of Moon[Drunk]īs packs here.
            This "stone5_0" texture is often used.

Kind Regards,
            Seven

Comment

I just tried to redownload the shader animated Healthpacks but seems the link is dead. Can someone please reupload it ? Thanks.

Comment

So for animated items we have:
                Explosive barrels
                Ammo boxes
                Healthpacks

what are some others we could add shaders to?
                I have thought of adding a shader to the Thunderbolt/Shaft weapon pickup. Adding a fade in/out on the bottom of the gun. I have added a glow to the Grenade, perhaps I could make it fade in/out and then also apply that to the pickup model.
                So is it possible to add animated shaders to mdl's? I think would be a nice idea to add facial anims to some monsters, like the grunt or the ogre..

I just tried to redownload the shader animated Healthpacks but seems the link is dead. Can someone please reupload it ? Thanks.
                Please..
                200 aņos de mi querido PARAGUAY
                14/05/1811

Comment

You can add shaders to monsters - however not presently by particular animation. Once could make the Ogre's mouth move and all - but even at death it'd still be happening. You'd need to do progs.dat editing (basically making a mod) to get it done properly.

Also download link updated. The previous expired.
                  https://rapidshare.com/files/5688900...ted-health.pk3

Comment

Once could make the Ogre's mouth move and all - but even at death it'd still be happening.
                    Oh, you're right OoPpEe, I forgot that.. =/
                    200 aņos de mi querido PARAGUAY
                    14/05/1811

Comment

Thanks for the re-upload. cheers

Comment

I have tried this at long last as well. Great stuff, but the skins really seem dark to me. Is it possible to brighten them a little? Also, IMHO the glow effect of the blinking areas could be more visible/brighter as well. Maybe you can release a second version with a stronger glow effect?
                        Authentic Models Pack
                        OriOn's ID1 Model Fixes for MP1+2
                        LIT/VIS files for Quake addons

Comment

When you say a countdown grenade, do you mean once it's shot, a timer counts down on the side of it? As in, 3, 2, 1, then it blows? That sounds damn amazing
                          uakene.com

Comment

More of a visual timer. Like it starting with no glow, fading in the glow and blinking a couple times before it blows. That may not be possible if the shader loops from the start of map load instead of when the entity is spawned. So will have to see.

Comment

bh10 and bh25 are not distinguishable from each other, witch is not good for gameplay. You should make bh25 and bh100 with a bit stronger and more regular blinking. Other than that I really like them but use only bh10 and not animated glowing bh25 and bh100 ones.
                              Quake HD: Embrace the decline and have some guilty pleasure with it, or join a club for monocled gentlemen at quaddicted and play Quake the way it's meant to be played.

Comment

Working...
                              X