Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi

this pack is really good...nice work.

the one thing i dont like is the demon head gib keeps spinning around...i edited
    its origin and scale to be similar to the original model.

screenshot

place .mdl in quake/id1/progs folder
    h_demon.zip

regards

Sean

Comment

thanx sean, that same thing always bothered me too about the fiend
      it looked idiotic that the head gib was 3 times as big as it was supposed to be

crazy thing is... actually i just wanted to ask in the thread about if someone could fix the head

like as if you knew i was gonna ask
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Yeah some didn't like the size of the head model - except I kept it as how it would realistically. The gib head is a 1:1 ratio of head of the creature it came from. I did keep more body on it though, which is why it's so large (as you can see the shoulders are part of the head gib)

Comment

question... or more like request

i just downloaded the shamblers castle mod for doom3, and i thought it was pretty awesome. rather short, took me just 5minutes to finish, but it was awesome nonetheless.

but i also saw there were zombies in the mod. why didnt you port over the zombies too?
          i think they look pretty awesome, and would fit pretty well into quake

would be totally awesome if you'd port over the zombie too from the shamblers castle mod

Last edited by talisa; 04-15-2012, 01:07 PM.
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Reading this thread I get Quake envy real bad.
            QuakeOne.com
            Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
            Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
            Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Originally posted by splitterface View Post
              i just downloaded the shamblers castle mod for doom3...
              ...i also saw there were zombies in the mod. why didnt you port over the zombies too?

i think they look pretty awesome, and would fit pretty well into quake

would be totally awesome if you'd port over the zombie too from the shamblers castle mod

Hello splitterface,

I am not OoPpEe, and I am sure he will check in and answer your question soon.
              Until that, let me write some words:

It is good that you downloaded that great Doom3 mod.
              Now open the data and take a look into its .pk4 files.

You will find monster models by Henk "Obi-Wan" Bernhardt.
              3 of them have been ported with great effort by OoPpEe to be usable in Q1:
              - demon
              - shalrath
              - wizard

There are only 2 more monsters in that mod:
              - shambler
              - shambler boss

There is no zombie custom monster in that mod.
              You saw the alikeness of the zombie with the Doom3 zombie_boney, didnt you ?
              And the original Doom3 monsters are copyrighted.

PS: Knowing that you love Quake1 style, please be sure to play Steve "Doomi" Kirbstīs: "In Hell - Directors Cut V.1.1" at least once.
              I have no words to describe how amazing this extremely long map pack is !

Comment

@ seven
                ah... yeah i noticed that likelyness but i didnt know it was actually the doom3 zombie
                quite a shame it cant be ported cuz its copyrighted, it would make for an awesome zombie in quake, it looks like it would fit perfectly in quake, and the build of the zombie matches the one from zombie in quake quite well. so real shame it cant be ported due to copyright

and yeah, i saw your post about that "In Hell - Directors Cut V.1.1" doom3 mod in another thread too a few days ago and i downloaded it and i totally love it
                wanted to give you a reply about posting a link to the mod in the other thread but that thread was locked

so lemme do it now then:
                huge thanx for the link to that totally awesome mod seven, i totally love it.
                most awesome doom3 mod ive ever played
                so far ive already gotten to the map 'dead simple', which is awesome too cuz its a tribute to the map with same name from doom2.
                just a bit ago i gave a good friend of mine link to the mod cuz i love it so much.

Comment

Working...
                X