Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Easy Mission Pack boot for Mission Packs (Darkplaces)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You don't need t compile a bath file to start the mission packs. Copy darkplaces.exe and paste it into the same directory. Rename the new exe to either hipnotic.exe or rogue.exe. That's all it takes, actually.

@WA

Yes, please re-upload your exe's. And maybe both versions for nehahra?
    MOD it! Start Point Remake Quake Scout's Journey Quaketastic WhiteDay Quake Terminus UQE

Comment

Sorry for the long time.
      I thought no one use this. This are just compiled .bat files with a nice icon.

Download BAT.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Originally posted by hgdagon View Post
      @WA

Yes, please re-upload your exe's. And maybe both versions for nehahra?

Comment

Originally posted by webangel View Post
        This are just compiled .bat files with a nice icon.]
        I thought those were custom builds of dp.exe with modified source code.
        Thanks, anyway. But you included only 1 Nehahra... Would you mind if I ake the other one?
        MOD it! Start Point Remake Quake Scout's Journey Quaketastic WhiteDay Quake Terminus UQE

Comment

feel free to do it hgdagon

Comment

Oh, my bad... Looks like I was talking nonsense...
            But there's something I want people in this thread to know:
            Excerpt from DarkPlaces Readme:

Supported games:
            Quake : -quake, this is active by default, gamedirs: id1
            Quake: Scourge of Armagon : -hipnotic or hipnotic in executable name or path, gamedirs: hipnotic, id1
            Quake: Dissolution of Eternity : -rogue or rogue in executable name or path, gamedirs: rogue, id1
            Nexuiz : -nexuiz or nexuiz in executable name or path, gamedirs: data
            Nehahra : -nehahra or nehahra in executable name or path, gamedirs: nehahra, id1
            GoodVsBad2 : -goodvsbad2 or gvb2 in executable name or path, gamedirs: rts
            BattleMech : -battlemech or battlemech in executable name or path, gamedirs: base
            PrydonGate : -prydon or prydon in executable name or path, gamedirs: prydon
            These games are considered officially supported, if any problems are seen, please make sure you are running the latest version of the game and engine, if you are, please report the problem.
            Which basically means:
            1. Create a copy of darkplaces.exe
            2. Rename it to hipnotic.exe or rogue.exe or nexuiz.exe or nehahra.exe or gvb2.exe or battlemech.exe or prydon.exe to run the respective game/mod
            3. No command line is required

Comment

http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-tal...tml#post145044

Comment

@webangel
                hmm..... Quoth? That's strange, it's not documented and I didn't test it... Maybe it works with every mod?....

Comment

Working...
                X