No announcement yet.

Custom HUD with CSQC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well ok, ill try the fix anyway. just downloaded it and will let you know wether the fix works for the MPs

EDIT: just tried both a and b progs.dat fixed for both MPs,
    and none of them fixed the camera problems in the end maps of both MPs,
    none of them made any difference at all.
    Last edited by talisa; 03-24-2012, 12:55 PM.
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• HUD_v4.72_Nahuel_Dresk_Smith.zip for Quake and Mission Packs. For darkplaces engine only. Drop into id1\ hipnotic\ rogue\ folders to use ( Quake, MP1, MP2 ).

Ingame settings:
      '+' '-' : full classic hud - custom layout 1 ( Smith ) - custom layout 2 ( Nahuel ) - status bar only - hide hud
      '[' ']' : adjust HUD/MENU size ( additionally this hud will automaticaly set proper aspect ratio for HUD/MENU graphics on level load )
      'x' ; 'c' : toggle inventory ; compass ; ( alternatively 'r' ; 'f')

If you've already binded these keys to something else, you can bind them manually to any key you want.
      These settings will be preserved between levels and gaming sessions. More details in the readme.

v3 by Nahuel, mapname display borrowed from Kleshik mod by Dresk:
      - custom item bar layout, compass and pretty map name display on level load.
      v4:
      - scorebar, intermission screen and finale cutscene work properly now,
      - adjustable HUD/MENU size + hud aspect ratio correction,
      - customisation options,
      Last edited by _Smith_; 01-05-2013, 04:37 AM.
      Quake HD: Embrace the decline and have some guilty pleasure with it, or join a club for monocled gentlemen at quaddicted and play Quake the way it's meant to be played.

Comment

• Once again about Classic-style HUD icons

Originally posted by seanstar View Post

Hi

@FC Zvyozdochka
        you got it...i think that nighfrights alt prox is good, i didnt put the alt on my version though.

i hope you like them

z87-hipnotic-gfx.zip

regards

Sean
        Though Sean's icons are good, they are still not as awesome as QRP ones.
        I'm trying to make a bit better icons, but I need some help. Actually, some artwork with Photoshop is highly wanted to texture this lasgun icon
        Any criticism is also welcome.

Comment

• I've almost finished lasergun's icon.
          The problem is that I can not manage brightness of highlighted icons (inva1-inva5). Who can tell me how original QRP icons' highlight is done? I can use photoshop CS5 to do.
          -----
          ADDED: Here is my last variant at the moment - click
          Maybe I'll improve highlights later, but even now they are already good looking though not exactly as QRP ones (but are close to them).
          I'll also make a Mjolnir icon in about a week.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by FC Zvyozdochka; 04-05-2012, 01:11 PM.

Comment

• @FCZ Lasergun icon is great. How is Mjolnir one coming ?

I've seen recently a lot of widescreen screenshots with incorrect hud aspect ratio. Below is a small guide for people affected by this issue and a small related update to csqc hud.

1. You want to use either the same aspect ratio as physical aspect ratio of your display, or set scaling in drivers to “preserve aspect ratio” alternatively disable scaling completely ( AMD users look at the bottom of this post if you have issues with either option ).

2. If your rendered scene is displayed in proper proportions you want the same for HUD graphics.
            The problem is, darkplaces default “vid_conwidth”“640” / “vid_conheight””480” values are correct only for 4:3 aspect ratio.
            If you use other aspect ratio you have to set proper values manually.
            For example users of popular 16:9 displays will want to add in config.cfg or autoexec.cfg: “vid_conwidth” “640” “vid_conheight” ”360” commands. ( for 16:10 it is 640/400 ).

3. Now when you have correct proportions, you can multiply/divide values to shrink/enlarge HUD and Menu graphics. It is similar to the old 2d games, the higher resolution is the smaller everything is

HUD update v4.63 - link three posts above

Custom ibar position will be correct even with 'vid_conwidth' value different than default.

'x' key is default for show/hide ibar now ( adjustable since v4.62 )

There was undocumented feature since v4.61:
            Smith's custom ibar is displayed in the corner by default, but with default 'set hud_weapons_offset 0' ibar automatically adjust its position upon loading a level to be just above ( fps / date/ time ). You can still set it manually to whatever value you want and Nahuel's layout is always above ( fps / date/ time ) by design.

For AMD graphics cards users only. Read it if you can't change scaling options in CCC. It is common knowledge that people responsible for CCC are rather incompetent...
            Default scaling setting is to stretch image to fit the screen. If you have desktop set to native resolution, you have scaling settings greyed out because you don't need it... right, right !?
            To change them you have to change desktop to not native resolution. When you change them and switch back to native resolution you'll be presented with greyed out default scalling settings again.
            Fortunately what you've just set will be used not what is being presented to you. I wonder when nice guys from AMD will spot and “fix” this overlooked “mistake” in new drivers release
            Last edited by _Smith_; 06-01-2012, 02:46 AM.
            Quake HD: Embrace the decline and have some guilty pleasure with it, or join a club for monocled gentlemen at quaddicted and play Quake the way it's meant to be played.

Comment

• thanx for the update.
              its great that the custom layouts now work correctly with adjusted conwidth and conheight values, and the icons will now always show completely on the right of screen instead of several inches to the left of the edge

i still hope that the MP end sequence issues can be resolved some time, cuz its really annoying that the hud messes up the entire sequences and causes for really weird glitches like armagon continuing to walk around instead of dying in SoA, and camera staying focussed on last point you were looking at in DoE instead of moving how it should to follow the player
              are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
              everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• @Splitterface,
                I told you about that, two days ago

Comment

• @webangel
                  yeah i know. but i didnt mean about the changing of the conwidth and conheight settings

but the hud icons when using nahuels layout would shift to left if you increased conwidth before and not stay on the right edge of screen before the update

thats what i meant, not about telling me how to change size of 2d textures
                  cuz you told me that already and not _smith_
                  Last edited by talisa; 05-29-2012, 02:18 PM.

Comment

• to show what i mean:

before update you'd get this when using higher conwidth for 16:9 aspect:

and now with the update the right icons will stick to right edge of screen like they should:

thats what i was thanking _smith_ for, for that the update fixes that

Comment

• Originally posted by _Smith_ View Post
                      @FCZ Lasergun icon is great. How is Mjolnir one coming ?
                      Damn, I totally forgot about it because of my job... I need to do Mjolnir quickly once I'm sick now and will be home tomorrow due to my illness

Comment

• Sorry to hear you are ill FC. I also look forward to the gloss textures for MP2 you are working on!
                        Get well soon!

Comment

• Hi

@smith
                          thanks for bringing up the incorrect hud aspect ratio because it gave me the right idea with
                          my 5760x1080 resolution...now my hud is right on the center monitor and scales perfectly.

i havent tried out the fc icons till today...they look good. I find they're black though, not transparent?

after looking at them...i think, they maybe don't fit right with the rest of the set.

i made a newer on thats more closer to original and detailed like fc's version maybe you like it.

inv-laser.rar

regards

Sean

Comment

• Hi Sean. I'll reupload full set of both lasgun and mjolnir icons in a couple of days. I've uploaded set in a wrong place (you can see a link in that my post, but it leads to nowhere), so now it needs to upload it again.
                            All these icons have transparent (via alpha-channel) background.

Comment

• Here is the link to the lasgun iconset (with transparence).
                              click

Comment

• How do I use this? I extracted the "src' folder in the ID1 folder and nothing happens...I apologize for being a noob!

Comment

Working...
                                X