X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for this work.
    Itīs great to to see it done but I have noticed a small issue:

When I pick up the Wetsuit the Mjolnir disappears :-(
    Last edited by webangel; 07-29-2011, 06:04 AM.

Comment

Hello !!!!! Thanks to Seven to fix the code and thanks to Webangel for report the bug. I have already arranged the code and it works perfectly now. Please if you find a bug do not hesitate to tell me. Here you can download it In some time I will begin to work in the HUD of MP2, Greetings!!!!!!!
      Last edited by nahuel; 07-29-2011, 01:19 PM.
      the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

Thankīs for the update Nahuel!
        I will fix the Lightning Gun Icon soon:

Find it here!

Comment

Note
          The Runes will not work in the HUD like the original MP1, and be careful with the "transparency" of the gfx/inv_prox and gfx/inv2_prox if you use external textures for this

syluxman2803

Comment

Originally posted by webangel View Post
            Thankīs for the update Nahuel!
            I will fix the Lightning Gun Icon soon:

Find it here!

Seven arranges these things by code!!!!!! I am much untidy in fact, like my csqc!
            Last edited by nahuel; 07-29-2011, 05:48 AM.

syluxman2803

Comment

Hello Nahuel,

Unfortunately it is still buggy

The hammer icon is kept, when picking up an item2 item: issue solved.
              But the small ammo icons and ammo amount numbers are not working during the item2 item duration.

Please try and scroll through your weapons after you picked up a item2 item.
              You will notice, that the highlighted ammo types are wrong (dont fit to the all weapons).
              As soon as the item2 is running out, everything works fine again.

Yes, the item2 items are still breaking our necks

Sorry for not mentioning it in my PM.
              I thought you already noticed it...

I fear, that the root cause for this issue is based on your dummy function:
              if (cl_items & IT_AXE)
              It workes perfectly for all ID1 items, but maybe not for item2īs...

Greetings,
              Seven

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post
                Hello Nahuel,

Unfortunately it is still buggy

The hammer icon is kept, when picking up an item2 item: issue solved.
                But the small ammo icons and ammo amount numbers are not working during the item2 item duration.

Please try and scroll through your weapons after you picked up a item2 item.
                You will notice, that the highlighted ammo types are wrong (dont fit to the all weapons).
                As soon as the item2 is running out, everything works fine again.

Yes, the item2 items are still breaking our necks

Sorry for not mentioning it in my PM.
                I thought you already noticed it...

I fear, that the root cause for this issue is based on your dummy function:

It workes perfectly for all ID1 items, but maybe not for item2īs...

Greetings,
                Seven
                Fixed!
                i used the MeasureInventory2 and DrawInventory2 again for the items2. This is not a really dummy; items2 and items have the same numbers!!!!!!!!
                I will update in a moment

syluxman2803

Comment

I love your "dirty" tricks

You have the necessary imagination, that is needed to beat that item2 bastard

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post
                    I love your "dirty" tricks

You have the necessary imagination, that is needed to beat that item2 bastard

Download Try to find bugs. If you do something new in csqc the others funtions can fail !!!!!!!!!!! (no comments about my wasteful code)
                    Report bugs!!!!!!!! please!!!!!!!!!!!!

syluxman2803

Comment

Thank you for fixing it Nahuel. Great work!
                      Please make MP2 now

Comment

when accessing STAT_ITEMS in csqc, you must use getstatbits and specify a range. This will allow you to separate the .items and .items2/serverflags stats (items2 is shifted up by 23 bits or so and then |ed - you need to use getstatbits to read blocks of bits separately because otherwise the returned whole number will overflow float datatypes).
                        Some Game Thing

Comment

Dear all,

For those of you who want to use this beautiful CSQC HUD in ID1,
                          but NOT in other mods/episodes, I wanted to drop a line to show how to
                          disable it in other mods (like Mission Pack 2 or Nehahra or any other mod).

DarkPlaces will always use the replacement content it finds in ID1, which is NOT present in the mod folder !
                          Even when you start your mod with the extension:
                          darkplaces.exe -game blah

When you have a "csprogs.dat" only in your ID1, DP will always use it.
                          The trick is to put a dummy "csprogs.dat" file into the mod folder you want to play. That way you can "fool" DP and it tries to use the dummy file instead.
                          The dummy file is an empty text file (renamed to "csprogs.dat").
                          That is all.

So, in short words:
                          Put an empty text file (renamed to "csprogs.dat") in every mod folder for which you dont want to use the custom HUD.

Reason why you most probably want this, could be:
                          New weapons/powerups from the mod will not be supported.
                          Until the Mission Pack 2 HUD is not yet released, I suggest to use a dummy in rogue.

Best wishes,
                          Seven

Comment

Another way would be to create a folder called:
                            hud

Put the csprogs.dat in there
                            Then create a shortcut to Quake and add:
                            -game hud

This will boot Quake up using this HUD while not breaking compatibility with other mods.

Comment

Hello Nahuel,
                              any progress with the Mission Pack 2-HUD?

w@

Comment

Sorry for bumping!

Comment

Working...
                                X