Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seven View Post
    My journey ended now.
    I realized that there are other important things in life besides computer games.
    I wish you all the Best for your future projects...
    This is a pity.
    But I'm sure you have your reasons for this decision.

We will miss your great work.
    You have brought Q1 to a new level.
    Without your work no one would have such things like "Small Mod compilation" or "Pretty Water" or ...

I wish you Good Luck and all the best.
    Please visit us every now and then!

Web@ngel
    Last edited by webangel; 10-03-2011, 04:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post
      My journey ended now.
      I realized that there are other important things in life besides computer games.

I wish you all the Best for your future projects.

Best regards,
      Seven
      Thank you Seven, It is obvious that computer games are not the most important in life. Sometimes I take several days without playing quake, or make anything of qc. It is really a great loss for the quake community,Today another modder left the quake comunity (I learned a lot from him)Inside3d Forums • View topic - Leaving the Quake Community
      But i understand your decisions. I promise to be more active in this great forum. Like Webangel said "I wish you Good Luck and all the best. Please visit us every now and then!".
      Nahuel (yeah, Nahuel is my real name )
      the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

I am extremely bummed now! Please do not abandon us totally Seven. Yes, Life is more important than video games, but can't you make room for both in some way?
        Hoping you will still be here occasionally to help!
        Best wishes

Jeff

Comment

Thank you all for your kind words.

One thing is for sure: I will take a big break from modding.
          I will of course look inside my beloved quakeone.com from time to time.
          There are many great people in here

Thank you all for the good and exciting time.
          Seven

Comment

Nahual, you are going to be the number one resource for csqc here now

I tried the csprogs.dat with my mod. If you run a dedicated server, it has to be in the -game folder for your mod, same spot as the progs.dat. Compass is a nice effect, saw that right away. I made a demo of how it looks in my mod:

dpvideo011.ogv

It kind of made the hud smaller and only shows what weapons you actually have, which is also real nice. Trouble with my mod is when you have a rune, such as the strength rune in the video, it suppose to blink when you attack with it, and it does, but looks like entire hud blinks with it. This was a bug LH just fixed for me with a new DP build, so the engine I am using is slightly different as it uses the traditional legacy quake way of detecting if you float .items2 in your qc.

UPDATE / EDIT:

Now I tried the rogue version, and the hud lines up on the right side, like your screenshot, and when you pickup a rune, it appears near the right side of the hud - nice.....and it also blinks when used, just like in my mod. So looks like your code is compatable with this newer build I am using to develop my mod....very good.

Question for you...

Is is possible to re-mesh or reload the csqc via an impulse from the client? Lets say we want to look at the different hud arraingements when we connect to a server - sort of a pre-setup before we join the game and start playing....? Im trying to make a fancy motd / help menu for my mod and this would be great for the setup aspect.

One last bug, if you press tab key while connected to dedicated server you do not see scoreboard.....it seems to think we are in SP mode and reports monster kills in sbar - etc.
            Last edited by Cobalt; 10-03-2011, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Hello Cobalt! In csqc all the menus and stuff like that your describe seems possible , but it is quite hard for me ( I didin´t find many tutorials or simples examples in the web).
              Is is possible to re-mesh or reload the csqc via an impulse from the client? Lets say we want to look at the different hud arraingements when we connect to a server - sort of a pre-setup before we join the game and start playing....?
              I am not exactly an expert on csqc, but I can say that you can change the screen when you want. This is not necessarily means that the csqc recharge, but the csqc shows different screens.
              Im trying to make a fancy motd / help menu for my mod and this would be great for the setup aspect.
              yeah! the help menus are totaly posible (like nexuiz or xonotic) but It's really hard for me. For now I'm just experimenting and I've got some small menus.
              One last bug, if you press tab key while connected to dedicated server you do not see scoreboard.....it seems to think we are in SP mode and reports monster kills in sbar - etc.
              My HUDs are oriented to the SP, do not worry, I will try to find a solution in this matter

syluxman2803

Comment

you can't change the csprogs without changing map.
                if you want alternative huds without changing server settings, you'll need to implement each hud config into a single csprogs and control which hud is used via a cvar.

you can use a stat instead if you want the csqc to draw menus at the ssqc's request, or you can just stick to cvars, I guess, but bear in mind that cvars are not safe over saved games, while stats are guarenteed to be reapplied automatically.
                Some Game Thing

Comment

Thanks Spike, that answers my question. Since csprogs.dat is less then 100k so far in the examples I have seen, its feasable to copy and paste different hud styles into one csprogs.dat and interface it to the ssqc via some interfacing code between the 2 systems. Does the csqc pretty much float over and have access to the things defined in the sscq? Im using a dedicated server as the example.

Originally posted by Spike View Post
                  you can't change the csprogs without changing map.
                  if you want alternative huds without changing server settings, you'll need to implement each hud config into a single csprogs and control which hud is used via a cvar.

you can use a stat instead if you want the csqc to draw menus at the ssqc's request, or you can just stick to cvars, I guess, but bear in mind that cvars are not safe over saved games, while stats are guarenteed to be reapplied automatically.

Comment

csqc and ssqc are completely separate. they share many interactions with the engine, but that doesn't mean that they're the same. Specifically, csqc does not have server centric functionality. it cannot broadcast messages, but it can send a request to the ssqc to do so.

you can set up some stats using some builtin in ssqc, or just using the default ones, and read them each frame in the csqc. Your csqc can localcmd("cmd dosomething\n"); to send a request to the server.
                    What you cannot do is just read 'self.ammo_cells' - it just doesn't work like that - csqc has only the world entity unless the qc creates others.
                    Some Game Thing

Comment

The download link only contains source code? So, how do I compile this? I'm using Windows 7 x64.

Comment

Originally posted by yuggsoth View Post
                        The download link only contains source code? So, how do I compile this? I'm using Windows 7 x64.
                        here is your csprogs.dat

syluxman2803

Comment

Originally posted by nahuel View Post
                          Works like a charm! ty.

EDIT: End level stats aren't showing up.
                          Last edited by yuggsoth; 10-05-2011, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by yuggsoth View Post
                            Works like a charm! ty.

EDIT: End level stats aren't showing up.
                            Same here!! The stats are gone!?!

Comment

Originally posted by TR2N View Post
                              Same here!! The stats are gone!?!

What is the problem???

syluxman2803

Comment

No, not the stats onscreen (health, ammo..). If you finish a map, a stat is showing up with kills, needed time and so on. That is not working anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X