Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Particle muzzleflashes

Hello,

For those of you, who follow this board closely, maybe already have read about this in different threads. Please read this post for a detailed description.

I made some simple particle muzzleflashes, that you can take as a base for more beautiful ones. Unfortunately I dont have the time anymore.

The muzzleflashes are independent to your weapon model.

For those of you, who are not familiar with things like this, I will include them into the upcoming "small mod compilation" V3.1.

Best wishes,
    Seven

DOWNLOAD V1.1

Please watch the clip in 720p fullscreen to get the best visual.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z81u5DozyWs]‪particle muzzleflash basics‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

ADDED a new version (including improved effects and Lava weapons).
    New effectinfo.txt and code can be found in "small mod compilation V3.1" for Rogue: klick

Best wishes,
    Seven
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84lPYnF3y90[/ame]
    Last edited by Seven; 10-02-2011, 06:20 AM. Reason: Uploaded V1.1 + Added new clip

Love it!
    I'll like the smoke particles on the nailguns and on the grenade launcher.. But the shotguns should have fire like particles..
    Just a suggestion..
    200 aņos de mi querido PARAGUAY
    14/05/1811

Comment

Yeah, however like he said - it's simple flashes that one can use as a base. For the Shotguns, using his code, one could make them more firey in color and more opaque, then you have a fire look to them.

Comment

Cool stuff Seven ! Is there an impact on fps?

Comment

I too like the touch on the nails...nice job seven.

Comment

\o/ awesome
            Regular One Man Slaughterhouse

Comment

Error

Hi Seven,
              it doesnīt work with your modified source?
              I get an error:

Comment

Hello,

First of all, Thank you for your kind words !

I had to upload V1.1, because it was too late last night...
                Now, with fresh eyes, I found some misalignments in the effects.
                These are now corrected together with minor effect improvements and an entry in progs.scr.
                If you are interested, please download V1.1 from 1st post.

Regarding your questions:

@ Dani
                I can only encourage you or anyone else to try to make your own effects.
                You are absolutely free to create what you want.
                Once you got the hang of it, it is really fun ! Believe me.
                Here is everything you need to know.
                You can add fire sparks to the shotguns for example if you want...

@ gdiddy
                If you compare these muzzleflashes with the particle explosion effect or the particle flames, I can say: No, you will not notice it.
                Of course there is more to handle for the engine, and you will encounter maybe 3 or 5 less fps, but every angle you turn in a map will lead to a different fps anyway.
                Another reason:
                The amount of particles per second is another important fact for the fps impact.
                The shotguns shoot too seldom to notice any impact.
                The particle flame for example is spawed every 0.02 seconds !!!
                And I am speaking of every single torch in the map, that multiplies it.
                And as you know, even the particle flames does NOT lead to a total fps break-down !
                So dont worry.
                And you know me long enough now, dont you ?
                I am very sensitive to these things and would never recommend them

@ Cobalt
                I am not sure what you mean with: "I like the touch on the nails"
                Do you speak about the muzzleflash or the nails impact on the wall ?
                As you surely know, these are different effects.
                Nail impact on wall uses "TE_SPIKE" and "TE_SUPERSPIKE"
                You can find these effects here to download.
                (Those are not included in the effectinfo.txt from this thread. Simply add the new ones and you get both.)

@ webangel
                Please read the readme.txt
                Reading the error message from FTEQCC tells me that you are trying to implement the source of this download into the "small mod compilation".
                That does not work on purpose.
                You must use the original Quake-QC-1.06 devkit.
                All the other changes from "small mod compilation" in the qc files are deleted.
                But dont worry my friend, the V3.1 is already done
                Please redownload V1.1 if you are interested in THIS download.

Kind regards,
                Seven
                Last edited by Seven; 08-10-2011, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Oh I read the readme.
                  I asked because my own changes based on your modified source
                  I think I will wait for 3.1......
                  Thank you!

Comment

cool, I like it

Comment

hello

ive been using te_smallflash as my muzzleflash effect, but since my weapon positions are not all the same i needed custom effects, to make the flashes look good.

now i can easily add cutom effects.

i set my flashes to have lightning guns flash blue and the rest orange red

thanks Seven.

Comment

Hello Sean,

for your *special* case (using dpmodīs side weapons), I suggest to extend the code like this:
                        pointparticles(particleeffectnum("shotgun_muzzlefl ash"), self.origin + self.view_ofs + v_up * -8 + v_right * 5 + v_forward*20, self.velocity*50, 1);
                        Finetune "v_right * 5" to match your weapons mouth.

Another way is to use "originoffset" in ALL muzzle-effects to match your weapons mouth.

Have fun,
                        Seven

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post
                          Hello,

For those of you, who follow this board closely, maybe already have read about this in different threads. Please read this post for a detailed description.

I made some simple particle muzzleflashes, that you can take as a base for more beautiful ones. Unfortunately I dont have the time anymore.

The muzzleflashes are independent to your weapon model.

For those of you, who are not familiar with things like this, I will include them into the upcoming "small mod compilation" V3.1.

Best wishes,
                          Seven

DOWNLOAD V1.1

Please watch the clip in 720p fullscreen to get the best visual.
                          ‪particle muzzleflash basics‬‏ - YouTube

ADDED a new version (including improved effects and Lava weapons).
                          New effectinfo.txt and code can be found in "small mod compilation V3.1" for Rogue: klick

Best wishes,
                          Seven
                          particle muzzleflashes - YouTube
                          Hello Seven, about them weapon models, I upgraded my weapons and they look good all except the super nail gun, it kinda looks like a 3 barreled shotgun. The Super Nail Gun you use is more angular and I like it better, could you please tell me where I can download your weapon pack and how to install it?

-I've found the weapon pack and installed it! Sorry!
                          Last edited by Arcodus; 10-18-2011, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Here is my version of effectinfo. It is based on Seanstar's one, with slightly improved muzzleflashes in it. Some minor changes are also done, now there are bubbles and debris instead of smoke and sparkles when shooting underwater.
                            Try it
                            You need Seanstar's particlefont, which is based AFAIK on Nexiuz font. Sean made incredible explosions with it.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by FC Zvyozdochka; 10-24-2011, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X