Quake Animated-REFLECTING-OVERLOAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its even simplier:

set darkplaces_build 1 // "0"= for DP builds before 20130301 "1"= for DP builds since 20130301

Comment

• of course, i completely forgot about that new cvar since i only been using 2013 build since not so long ago
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• @Nahuel

How exactly do I use the new beam? I have the small_mod_compilation v4.15 installed....
        sry for being a noob!

Comment

• Originally posted by lucky88shp View Post
          @Nahuel

How exactly do I use the new beam? I have the small_mod_compilation v4.15 installed....
          sry for being a noob!
          you need to place the beam model in the map , you need the map file entities. I do not have it, maybee webangel or seven have the ent files for the beams!

To webangel
          i think thebeam model need to be rescaled, and the texture shader need to be rewrited, so it can be used without "scale" or "alpha" value to send it to the bsp ( makestatic (self) )

EDIT: Sorry for the problem with my youtube channel, because i do not agree with the new policy of google i deleted my channel
          the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

• Originally posted by nahuel View Post
            EDIT: Sorry for the problem with my youtube channel, because i do not agree with the new policy of google i deleted my channel
            Agreed! I am planning to delete mine too!
            Anyways, how did you make that screenshot? Don't you have the map ent files for the beams? Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by lucky88shp View Post
              Agreed! I am planning to delete mine too!
              Anyways, how did you make that screenshot? Don't you have the map ent files for the beams? Thanks!
              Just put the content of mybeam.rar in smc.folder
              the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

Just put the content of mybeam.rar in smc.folder
                Thanks, that kinda worked! I get the light beam on start, but now game screws up my enemy textures randomly, either the grunt or the dog randomly doesn't load in few places(no fixed spot or map!), and I get a diamond in place of the model. Will try again by manually selecting the appropriate files, not sure which exactly I need though....

Comment

• A diamond means the model is missing if you are talking about the rainbow diamond. Like really missing, not just in the game. I saw this from time to time when I would mistype a name/path in my radiant ent or QC.
                  http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

• Yes, as far as i remember i had problems to install the beams too.
                    The OP says you only need the smc and qrp-textures in addition to webangels pack. It worked for me this way. webangels pack is called zReflecting_Overload_DDS.pk3 and i have it installed in the id1 folder directly.

Comment

hellow w@ please check my optimized beam light, i changed the model , the textures and the shaders, the key is not use advanced shaders (i believe) just add two effects = doublesided and fullbright, i added the effects via ent map , also i included editor of lights to qc seven 6 code, because edit lights is very ugly with commands in dead morning we edit lights with this easy editor very fast. I added some advanced stuff; now you can edit cubemaps (pressing u) and angles (toggle origin or angles edition with alt) if you want to acces to the editor press f7, if you want to save the lights pres "p"
                      mybeam.rar
                      Please do not use "item_luz" for cubemaps, are really not optimized!! to the work just use the editor of lights with two lights - one with cubemap and another with low value of radius and hight value ambient-
                      you can see how it works this combination here

In the zip i put an old rtlights file, please use this update
                      is very important for the correct work!!
                      start.rtlights

PS = i am using the cubemaps from this mod "animated reflecting overload"
                      It looks simple bad ass!

Comment

• Someone can upload the files "mybeam.rar" and "start.rtlights" from previous post?
                        All the links at this thread are dead.

Comment

Working...
                        X