Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by webangel View Post
    Hi ATTACUE,
    should I still release a copy from the progs.dat with "Lightning" only?
    Seven made one for you and I dont know if you are still interested...?

Regard w@
    hello webangel, are you using a very small texture in dds format for the lightbeam model? i suggest you use iqm model !! i am using iqm and dds textures for lightbeam models (and other props) and there are very optimized to the job in darkplaces
    please watch this
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pSEyqFIdwk]deadmorning - YouTube[/ame]
    there are a really ammount of models and polys with channel alpha , everything with dds and iqm format
    the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

• Hello Nahuel,

I am sure you still remember the time where you, webangel and all other involved people developed this lightbeam.
      As you know, the performance impact is the most critical thing about it.
      The visual is already really good.

So, if your "new way" for creating these kind of things will help the performance issue, it is exactly what we all need

Please contact webangel and sit together with her at one table to discuss it
      I am very excited what the outcome will be.

Best of luck,
      Seven

Comment

• Hello Nahuel,
        I have problems converting a mdl to iqm because the mdl has no bones.
        This is the error message i get:

ERROR: IQM output is only supported for skeletal models!

Is there a trick or a tool for converting non-skeletal models?
        I´m using Noesis for this....

Thanks!

@Seven
        This was a great time

Comment

• Originally posted by webangel View Post
          Hello Nahuel,
          I have problems converting a mdl to iqm because the mdl has no bones.
          This is the error message i get:

ERROR: IQM output is only supported for skeletal models!

Is there a trick or a tool for converting non-skeletal models?
          I´m using Noesis for this....

Thanks!

@Seven
          This was a great time
          well , i am using milkshape 3d and i will decompile the model and add bones and a nice shader to the work i will upload it today !

syluxman2803

Comment

• Originally posted by nahuel View Post
            i will upload it today !
            Great!

Comment

• hellow w@ please check my optimized beam light, i changed the model , the textures and the shaders, the key is not use advanced shaders (i believe) just add two effects = doublesided and fullbright, i added the effects via ent map , also i included editor of lights to qc seven 6 code, because edit lights is very ugly with commands in dead morning we edit lights with this easy editor very fast. I added some advanced stuff; now you can edit cubemaps (pressing u) and angles (toggle origin or angles edition with alt) if you want to acces to the editor press f7, if you want to save the lights pres "p"
              mybeam.rar
              Please do not use "item_luz" for cubemaps, are really not optimized!! to the work just use the editor of lights with two lights - one with cubemap and another with low value of radius and hight value ambient-
              you can see how it works this combination here

In the zip i put an old rtlights file, please use this update
              is very important for the correct work!!
              start.rtlights

PS = i am using the cubemaps from this mod "animated reflecting overload"
              Last edited by nahuel; 05-04-2013, 07:42 PM.

syluxman2803

Comment

• nahuel,
                Can you please check your link for the start.rtlights file I can't get it to download. I was able to download the beam file.
                Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by gdiddy62 View Post
                  nahuel,
                  Can you please check your link for the start.rtlights file I can't get it to download.
                  Thanks
                  use this
                  https://www.dropbox.com/s/oos933z0sf...start.rtlights

syluxman2803

Comment

• Wow, Thank you Nahuel,
                    I have to try this out right now!
                    From what I can see so far there are almost no FPS problems anymore....

Comment

• nahuel,
                      Thanks for the new link, but all I get is the option to download an html document? Perhaps your file name is off??

Comment

• ERROR: IQM output is only supported for skeletal models!
                        Couldn't you just add one bone? Just something to clear the error.

---

Those images look amazing nahuel, awesome job!
                        http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

• I get the reflecting textures but for some reason I'm not getting the sweet lava haze effect or the portal fog.

Comment

• @poison
                            those effects are not included in the ent-files that come with the overload mod. you would have to copy and paste them yourself out of different ent-files

if you want the lava-haze, ive posted ent-files which contain those here:
                            http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-hel...tml#post129831

and the portal fog i dun recall where to find ent-files which contain those.
                            but i think seven included ent-files which have that effect with the smc: http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...mpilation.html
                            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                            > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Originally posted by talisa View Post
                              @poison
                              those effects are not included in the ent-files that come with the overload mod. you would have to copy and paste them yourself out of different ent-files

if you want the lava-haze, ive posted ent-files which contain those here:
                              http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-hel...tml#post129831

and the portal fog i dun recall where to find ent-files which contain those.
                              but i think seven included ent-files which have that effect with the smc: http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...mpilation.html
                              Oh ok, thanks. The haze isn't as powerful as it looks in the pics but it still looks nice.

Comment

• to adjust the intensity of the haze, edit the start_effectinfo.txt in your maps folder, and find the blocks like these:
                                Code:
                                effect testhardentrance	   //  test rising lava haze in hard entrance
                                countabsolute 0.1
                                type smoke
                                color 0x6f0f00 0xe3974f  
                                tex 0 7 //48 55
                                size 2 4
                                alpha 50 80 7
                                sizeincrease 3.2
                                originoffset 0 10 0
                                originjitter 160 200 0
                                velocityjitter 4 5 2
                                velocitymultiplier 0.01
                                gravity -0.004
                                bounce 1
                                to increase the intensity of the haze, you'll be wanting to adjust the countabsolute line. higher values result in heavier haze.

more intense haze also means higher impact on performance, to much haze can seriously kill your framerate.
                                as it is right now it already has quite an impact on performance
                                are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                                > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                                everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Working...
                                X