No announcement yet.

DP glossy materials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screens would've been nice but oh well..
    Souvenirs d'un autre monde

Comment

Screenshots only shows some areas brighter than usual. Result is seen well only in dynamics.

However, here is a nice illustration:

Comment

that works great for me at least
        Souvenirs d'un autre monde

Comment

Hi

nice work.

i like gloss textures for sure...i tried out the pack but found something strange, only the bolts
          have gloss effect even when the whole texture is metal.

regards,

Sean

Comment

Hi sean.
            Which bolts do you mean? Bolts on tech02_2 and tech02_5? I did the rest of the texture not glossy willfully. It just doesn't look like a glossy metal, more like concrete or heavily stained steel. The very same is about wmet textures - they look like concrete even though they are called "wmet".
            Such materials just should not be glossy at all, believe me, cause I'm working in metal constructions industry and I see gray, rough and unglossy sheets of steel almost every day

Actually, when I've started to do the pack I tried to make glossmaps for wmet textures first. The idea was to make them glossy in the cracks only, cause it's where uncovered metal can be seen. The result was so ugly and molestful that I decided to delete it.
            I've managed to do something like that with metal1_4, metal4_7/8 and wmet4_7/8 textures where not cracks but spots of metal are uncovered from stain and rust. But even this effect should not be too strong, cause those bright spots of glitter on the dark texture are really annoying.
            Last edited by FC Zvyozdochka; 05-10-2012, 12:07 AM.

Comment

Could you please update the link? Or provide a mirror??
              MOD it! Start Point Remake Quake Scout's Journey Quaketastic WhiteDay Quake Terminus UQE

Comment

sure, allow me to make a mediafire mirror which'll never expire

gimme just a bit, uploading now
                will update this post with link when its done uploading

EDIT: le voila, mediafire mirror:
                FCZ GLOSSY PACK v1.2
                Last edited by talisa; 03-27-2013, 10:33 AM.
                are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Working...
                X