No announcement yet.

Quake Mission Pack 2 Retexture Placeholder Pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

erm... webangel... i immediatly found a bug when i tried the start-map of rogue

theres something wrong with the normalmap of this texture

it should be more like this (picture of column in startmap of ID1 with very similar texture)

perhaps the normalmap is accidentially inverted or such? thats what it kinda looks like
    Last edited by talisa; 08-25-2012, 04:55 PM.
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

btw rest i saw so far in the start map all looks great

only thing i would say it that light blocks texture, the one thats visible in the right of that pic i posted a bit ago and thats on the walls of easy hall. try making the line at where the texture starts getting pushed out be closer to the black lines in between the blocks. and the bumpmapping doesnt seem to follow the edges of the blocks nicely, especially in the corners of the blocks

the normals look great though, but they dont seem to follow the shape of the diffuse texture everywhere at the edges of the blocks

the normals for that texture look super already now, but if you could fix what i said they would be truely amazing <3
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Oh you are right. It doesnīt should look like this.

Download better texture:
        Download metal8_9_norm.tga from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Iīm uploading the new pack immediately....

The other thing - are you talking about the stone5_0 texture? I think itīs a QRP texture but idk...
        Last edited by webangel; 08-26-2012, 04:14 AM.

Comment

great thanx webangel, looks a million times better, now the normal mapping looks correct for metal8_9

and yeah, thats the texture i meant where the normal could be improved from, the stone5_0

Comment

just played rogue a bit last to look at all the normals you made, and i must say you really did an extraordinary job on them
            all of them look superb and are of great quality and really enhance the textures

i found a few more small things though...

i found one texture which seems to have a messed up normal-map:

the part of the normal of the bolts looks weird. it are the same kinda bolts like are also on metal8_9

and the normal map of this texture could be improved

currently the normal looks rather weird. it looks like the planks are convex shaped in between the metal bars. and the bars themselves are also not flat at top like they should be

and lastly.... this one could be improved. both the texture itself, and normal-map

its originally supposed to be like a painting made out of a ton of little square tiles, like a mosaic like these walls in heretic:

and those brownish spots on the wall are supposed to be missing tiles

know it would be most likely quite a lot of work but it would be awesome if you could make it be a mosaic
            Last edited by talisa; 09-04-2012, 06:34 AM.

Comment

I will fix this soon.

Thank you for your report!

Comment

yay hope you fix it soon

Comment

Working...
                X