Plague's weapons pack muzzle fire edit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plague's weapons pack muzzle fire edit

Firs t of all I would like to thank ooppee for fixing these muzzlefires to work.
    They are a bit loud though even for me So I made a few changes,mostly just reducing their hardness by raising the transparency.However I did do 1 thing some of you will say is a bit strange.I inverted the RL flash so that it looks more like rocket exhaust to me

I have included Ooppee's corrected weapons in this so you wont have any problem getting them to work.
    All credit is his as all I did was a minor tweak.And Of course all thank's to Plague for his hard work.
    Find it here. http://www.mediafire.com/file/n93dct...efire-edit.zip
    Last edited by bluntz; 05-25-2012, 04:30 PM.
    WARNING
    May be too intense for some viewers.
    Stress Relief Device
    ....BANG HEAD HERE....
    ---------------------------
    .--------------------------

Sign me up coach...I'd like the flashes!

Comment

link in first post Jeff,let me know how it goes.
      WARNING
      Stress Relief Device
      ....BANG HEAD HERE....

Comment

Wow, these are nice bluntz! Thanks for sharing them. All should try them and see what nice effects these are.

Comment

ive been wondering where you can get that hud and weapons pack and stuff in that pic?
          My Avatars!
          Quake Leagues
          Quake 1.5!!!
          Definitive HD Quake

Comment

@syluxman2803

same answer as i gave when you asked in a thread of me, the hud in those pics is nahuel's hud too.
            http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...-hud-csqc.html

the weapons are plague's weapons, as you mightve guessed from the name of this thread.
            plague's weapons can be found here:CLICK ME

textures shown are QRP textures, which can be found here: CLICK ME
            Last edited by talisa; 05-26-2012, 09:20 AM.
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

@syluxman2803
              see answer above
              Last edited by bluntz; 05-26-2012, 04:22 PM.
              WARNING
              Stress Relief Device
              ....BANG HEAD HERE....

Comment

would it be ok if I would use these awesome textures to make similar versions of my v_models?
                ::Ruohis.com :: Total Remodeling Progress :: Monster Remodelling Project :: New Player Model ::

Comment

textures

Originally posted by Ruohis View Post
                  would it be ok if I would use these awesome textures to make similar versions of my v_models?
                  As I stated in the 1st post I did not make these but merely edited them.If you were going to distribute them as your work is highly prised by a lot of us then you might want to get plagues permission on that as he may feel porting them to another's weapon set may offend.
                  As for me, I have gotten a lot of enjoyment from your contributions to the game and you have my permission to use anything I make as you see fit anytime you like.
                  WARNING
                  Stress Relief Device
                  ....BANG HEAD HERE....

Comment

Hack away and edit it's all good, just call me your daddy like you've been doing in a post/text somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Plagued Monkey Rat View Post
                      Hack away and edit it's all good, just call me your daddy like you've been doing in a post/text somewhere.
                      Wow Monkey Lives!
                      Thank you Daddy!
                      WARNING
                      Stress Relief Device
                      ....BANG HEAD HERE....

Comment

Hi

we already have particle flashes.

this pack also seems very strange when the flashes slowly go back into the barrels.

Sean

Comment

@ seanstar

true, but those muzzle-flashes were made based on ruohis weapons with placement and such.
                          this pack seems to be adjusted for using plagues weapon models instead

i assume the muzzleflashes we have in smc might maybe not look 100% good when using plagues weapons cuz the weapon placement and size and such might not be the same

so i like this thread even though i dont use plagues weapons myself. i think its good that someone adjusted the muzzle-flashes for people who do use plagues weapons
                          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                          > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Originally posted by seanstar View Post
                            Hi

we already have particle flashes.

this pack also seems very strange when the flashes slowly go back into the barrels.

Sean
                            I like to mix these with the particle smoke without sparks but think they would really come to life if you could incorporate the particle flash as coronas overlayed on top of them for a near photo realistic weapon.
                            As for the flash fade, if you could copy and invert the flash sequence they would bloom pop then fade for even more realism if there is enough frame space.
                            Originally posted by splitterface View Post
                            @ seanstar

true, but those muzzle-flashes were made based on ruohis weapons with placement and such.

i assume the muzzleflashes we have in smc might maybe not look 100% good when using plagues weapons cuz the weapon placement and size and such might not be the same

so i like this thread even though i dont use plagues weapons myself. i think its good that someone adjusted the muzzle-flashes for people who do use plagues weapons
                            Ruohis models do not have muzzle flash.(yet)
                            Last edited by bluntz; 06-01-2012, 09:37 AM.
                            WARNING
                            Stress Relief Device
                            ....BANG HEAD HERE....

Comment

Originally posted by splitterface View Post
                              And just to add, my weapon placement and animation movement was based on the original models. And at least in some engines the weapon position can be adjusted to any position, so you could change that to correspond to an existing particle effect, right?
                              ::Ruohis.com :: Total Remodeling Progress :: Monster Remodelling Project :: New Player Model ::

Comment

Working...
                              X