ProQuake PSP 4.71

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ProQuake PSP 4.71

This is the final Playstation Portable Version of ProQuake.

ProQuake PSP 4.71: Download + source code

Fixed a texture issue and MP3 playback.

Working with the PSP is difficult for a number of reasons because it has very little memory and is difficult to debug. But I told DRM Wayne, Dr. Abuse, Ceruix I'd fix an issue with 4.70 eventually.

So here it is. I would normally post this at Inside3D, but they have registration shut down making it incredibly inconvenient for someone to register there.

I can't find my PSP --- so confirmation this works from someone who knows to install this --- would be welcomed.

By the way, I'm not here to show someone who to compile this (this thread explains how or how to install this on PSP (Google it).
    Last edited by Baker; 07-29-2012, 07:12 AM. Reason: Corrected URL
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

page not found I could test PSP for you. Need working link tho
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Thanks ... Download link fixed (I had .zip but is .rar)

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
      page not found I could test PSP for you. Need working link tho
      Have you loaded Quake on a PSP before? If you haven't, this isn't something you can just casually do.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Nice job Baker!

Time for proquake for iphone ?
        My servers for the gamers:
        bigfoot.servequake.com / damage.servequake.com

port 26000 EuroQuake
        port 26001 EuroQuake Coop

newyork.quakeone.com
        Offline ATM
        fvf.servequake.com
        flanders.servegame.org / flanders.servequake.com
        Offline ATM
        newdm.servequake.com
        port 26010

http://bigfoot.servequake.com (EuroQuake)
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Polarite View Post
          Nice job Baker!

That would be awsome since im on my phone 95% of the time while on the road

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
            Thanks ... Download link fixed (I had .zip but is .rar)

Have you loaded Quake on a PSP before? If you haven't, this isn't something you can just casually do.
            Um, yes. I have Custom Firm Ware like every other guy using PSPQuake

K,downloading now.
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

K, PSP booted ProQuake up just fine. Loaded demo1 fine, pressing any button resulted in this error :

Draw_CachePic: failed to load gfx/m_bttns.lmp

Was any type of instructions included? I've winged 100% of this hah. Maybe next time (if it happens) you should include a ID1 folder thats empty,signaling where to drop pak0.pak and pak1.pak

On the plus side for other ppl , Stick ID1 folder in the main folder (That contains the Eboot!)

I was able to drop console . so far the X button and O button are causing crashes? I am able to do anything except use XO/\[]
              Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 07-29-2012, 12:48 PM.

Comment

In the .RAR, there is a readme.txt and m_bttns.lmp.

Take m_bttns.lmp and put it in quake/id1/gfx. It is needed for the on-screen keyboard.

Comment

Nice job Baker!

Well, first there is no way for a non-developer to load pak files on an iPhone, and then once you do, there is really no way to make it playable on an iPhone.

You can actually play Quake on a PSP because it has a little "joystick" to aim with and several buttons. No one will confuse you for a mouse user, but it is entirely playable for, say, single player.

Comment

niiiiice, i need to dig out my psp soon

Comment

That fixed it.
                      Missing online support, which doesn't make sense. I've taken PSPQuake online before , and so have other people. They usually use the experimental XCTF server. At one time like 1-2 years ago, there was a explosion of PSP Quake players, online.

Also , on another note,the PSP's cpu is capable of running up to 333mhz, (fully adjustable via M33 CFW) to use a lower or higher frequency. I tried forcing the PSP into running 166/333 and ProQuake continues to load running @ 222hz.

After reading more into this , they throttled the PSP's CPU intentionally. Reserve the reasons why for opinions I guess.
                      Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 07-29-2012, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                        Well, first there is no way for a non-developer to load pak files on an iPhone, and then once you do, there is really no way to make it playable on an iPhone.

You can actually play Quake on a PSP because it has a little "joystick" to aim with and several buttons. No one will confuse you for a mouse user, but it is entirely playable for, say, single player.
                        I do run quake on my iphone and I can connect to servers online , its just not proquake
                        My servers for the gamers:
                        bigfoot.servequake.com / damage.servequake.com

port 26000 EuroQuake
                        port 26001 EuroQuake Coop

newyork.quakeone.com
                        Offline ATM
                        fvf.servequake.com
                        flanders.servegame.org / flanders.servequake.com
                        Offline ATM
                        newdm.servequake.com
                        port 26010

http://bigfoot.servequake.com (EuroQuake)
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                          That fixed it.
                          Missing online support, which doesn't make sense. I've taken PSPQuake online before , and so have other people. They usually use the experimental XCTF server. At one time like 1-2 years ago, there was a explosion of PSP Quake players, online.
                          You have to turn on networking in the menu. Like do multiplayer and poke around that menu. Unlike the PC, networking is not automatically on.

I do run quake on my iphone and I can connect to servers online , its just not proquake
                          Yeah, but that's on a jailbroken iPhone. And even then you'd be hard pressed to kill an ogre or a fiend on it. I know you've had iPhone Quake for a while ( / - quake1-iphone - Quake 1 for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad - Google Project Hosting ) probably from Cydia or some such thing.

Originally posted by dr_mabuse1981 View Post
                          niiiiice, i need to dig out my psp soon
                          Better late than never. Sorry it took so long, but I'm glad you are happy now.

Comment

thanks so much baker i should start working on a project now! =)

edit: btw i tested multiplayer it works. although i tried to reconnect to the same server i was already in and it worked, but it crashed soon after that lol.. -.- but otherwise before i did that very awesome! the crash had to do with number 664 or something. if it happens again oh well. ill check and see if my psp is running at 333 or default and see if i can make it happen again. may have even had to do with the motd the server had pop up! i noticed that there is a dynamic lights option. does this mean that colored lights are possible? would you be willing to put a list of thing the engine does?
                            Last edited by ceriux; 07-29-2012, 10:29 PM.

Comment

i didnt found my psp yet, but is it now more stable? does it still crash with no error messages?

Comment

Working...
                              X