Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Force Unleashed (DarkPlaces)

Home page: Force: Leashed | Kepuli Games

This is a free DarkPlaces open source game that won 2nd place in a competition

"Force: Leashed is a free first person gravity fiddler. To advance, you need to guide rockets to their targets using spherical potential fields. And no, it's not like Portal. That much."

Download: Force: Leashed | Kepuli Games [Windows | Linux | Mac ]

[Was posted at Inside3D, but since no one can register there, ... ]
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

lol i first misread the title as force:unleashed, and expected to find star wars crap when i opened the thread.

but this looks like it might be quite interesting, ill have to try the game later
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Originally posted by splitterface View Post
      lol i first misread the title as force:unleashed
      Me and too ... it would seem I messed up the name in the thread title.

I kept thinking of a Star Wars console game with a very similar name when I was typing that ... +1 to fix list.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Force Unleashed was awesome..... who wouldn't want Sith powers. Id totally fucking brain-toss Kimp's ass in the air, Yahtzee.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeLrlmV9A-s]Hitler vs Vader 2. Epic Rap Battles of History Season 2. - YouTube[/ame]
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I cannot make it work the precompiled darkplaces-linux-686-dedicated does not start for a shared library error. I tried replacing it with one of my system but still it does not find the base dir.

I tried installing force leashed as a normal mod but there are some obviously missing models...

Ideas?
            Contradiction is truth. Fear is freedom. Rights are privileges. Job is a commodity. Ignorance is strength.

Comment

Hi, I'm the developer of this game. The precompiled Linux version needs libjpeg 6.2, which seems to be quite an old version actually. I was able to get it start myself on Ubuntu 12.04 by just installing the libjpeg62 Debian package from Synaptic.

I'd also want to apologize for my sloppiness when replacing the original Quake assets, there are still some references to the missing models in the source even though they are not used. So if you get any errors on startup about missing .mdl files, please ignore them.

Oh, and you're not first ones to confuse the name with a certain Star Wars product

Comment

Awesome that you've come to our little corner of the Internet. I'll definately be downloading it today and playtesting Yes, your visit to these forums sparked the desire to download.
                Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Source included; nice contribution to those wishing to learn more features of DarkPlaces. I played a few levels before i had to open the source to see "how'd he do that?"
                  www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Maybe I can recompile on Squeeze, looks entertaining.
                    Nope, it compiled progs.dat but with 179 warnings.
                    glib was too new to run the provided engine and just did not run right on the old build crashing with wheelup and failed to direct the rocket path at all. A bit better with the rebuilt progs,but not enough to matter.Seems to be reading the cfg from my .darkplaces dir instead of its mod folder blowing its mind no doubt.
                    Last edited by bluntz; 08-14-2012, 03:51 PM.
                    WARNING
                    May be too intense for some viewers.
                    Stress Relief Device
                    ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                    ---------------------------
                    .--------------------------

Comment

Confirm working on Ubuntu 10.04 straight out of the box. Damn your eyes, now I'm totally addicted
                      RawShark
                      http://the.blogofeternalstench.net

Comment

So, today I decided its time to fireup this game.

Everything loaded okay, but I ran into a crash when trying to load Deconstructor..

Description:
                        A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Originally posted by Problem signature
                        Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
                        Application Name: darkplaces.exe
                        Application Version: 1.0.0.0
                        Application Timestamp: 4f218116
                        Hang Signature: 4dc1
                        Hang Type: 0
                        OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
                        Locale ID: 1033
                        Additional Hang Signature 1: 4dc130307d83cf1f7d6555f30a0c3cf5
                        Additional Hang Signature 2: 27fd
                        Additional Hang Signature 3: 27fd9f5b8a89fba9bc96b60a8008ab93
                        Additional Hang Signature 4: 4dc1
                        Additional Hang Signature 5: 4dc130307d83cf1f7d6555f30a0c3cf5
                        Additional Hang Signature 6: 27fd
                        Additional Hang Signature 7: 27fd9f5b8a89fba9bc96b60a8008ab93
                        Any information that would help you help me resolve?

Comment

beat it pretty fun =)

Comment

Originally posted by splitterface View Post
                            star wars crap
                            I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Comment

Originally posted by Death Knight View Post
                              I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Comment

Working...
                              X