X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disorara
    replied
    Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
    first things first ; leave the realm of "real warrior chicks show skin".

Quake & Sex Appeal dont mix imo.
    it would ultimately depend on what skin you're using (the skin isn't mine, it's just something I put there so that there would be something there instead of nothing) I am currently in the process of drawing a female quake marine skin based on the original marine skin

Originally posted by splitterface View Post
    yes exactly. why would a female space marine be running around in a suit that looks like something that makes her look like she jsut came from some bdsm show?

a real female marine wouldnt look all overly sexy and run around in an outfit like that, she'd just wear a modified version of the same kinda of outfit that a male marine would wear.

in a real life army you dont see the females running around in skimpy outfits that seem to originate from the bdsm scene either, right?

a female marine wouldnt look overly sexy and run around in a skimpy outfit, she'd look strong and tough and wear an armor too
    Quake isn't exactly the paragon of reality, I'd argue it looks bad simply because of visual consistency clash, but whatever, if anybody can find a female marine skin before I draw my own, feel free to do so, otherwise you'll either have to use the default player skin (which due to model warping actually makes the player look like a girl, save for the face and chest) or the many many stripperific female quakeworld skins

Somewhere along the lines, I went from changing the model to support female skins better to making a female marine, which wasn't my intention completely but since we're here we might as well

on that note, here's the second iteration of my model, I hope I got it right this time!

Model File Download

Leave a comment:

• _Smith_
    replied
    What Mindf!3ldzX said - forget about this bikini armor bullshit.

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post

yes exactly. why would a female space marine be running around in a suit that looks like something that makes her look like she jsut came from some bdsm show?

a real female marine wouldnt look all overly sexy and run around in an outfit like that, she'd just wear a modified version of the same kinda of outfit that a male marine would wear.

in a real life army you dont see the females running around in skimpy outfits that seem to originate from the bdsm scene either, right?

a female marine wouldnt look overly sexy and run around in a skimpy outfit, she'd look strong and tough and wear an armor too

Leave a comment:

• Mindf!3ldzX
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Disorara
    replied
    that looks better.

but why go low-poly mdl when you can use hi-poly md2 md3 or such with a nice hi-res texture?
    nearly every single engine out there nowadays support replacement content and all those model-types, and they look a million times better then blocky mdl.
    I guess it's a challenge for me to forge a female model out of the blocky player model

Originally posted by Seven View Post
    Hello Disorara,

Very good work on the model.
    It has all the things that a female model should have

I am sure, that other people with more knowledge in model formats/converts will soon rush in here and give you more support.
    But I want to at least suggest "qwalk" in this case. Maybe also "Noesis".
    I am also working on model editing at this moment and I also had to use a md2 model for my base.
    The best experience I had with this specific md2 format is "qwalk".
    It does it better than Noesis due to keeping the frame-group-animation names and sorted groups.
    It also includes the skin into the model (not needed to put it seperately).
    --> You wrote above that you have problems with it.

Please try qwalk and see if it helps.

But as I said, sure other people will give more helpful tips soon...

Best wishes,
    Seven
    Thanks for the tip, seven!
    This makes things so much easier and automated!

Leave a comment:

• Syluxguy28O3
    replied
    dudes that is weird. i was actually going to post to see if anybody ever made a female model. i guess somebody's psychic...

Leave a comment:

• dr_mabuse1981
    replied
    Here is one:

ftp://ftp.fu-berlin.de/pc/games/idga...l/womanv11.zip

Leave a comment:

• Seven
    replied
    Hello Disorara,

Very good work on the model.
    It has all the things that a female model should have

I am sure, that other people with more knowledge in model formats/converts will soon rush in here and give you more support.
    But I want to at least suggest "qwalk" in this case. Maybe also "Noesis".
    I am also working on model editing at this moment and I also had to use a md2 model for my base.
    The best experience I had with this specific md2 format is "qwalk".
    It does it better than Noesis due to keeping the frame-group-animation names and sorted groups.
    It also includes the skin into the model (not needed to put it seperately).
    --> You wrote above that you have problems with it.

Please try qwalk and see if it helps.

But as I said, sure other people will give more helpful tips soon...

Best wishes,
    Seven

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    that looks better.

but why go low-poly mdl when you can use hi-poly md2 md3 or such with a nice hi-res texture?
    nearly every single engine out there nowadays support replacement content and all those model-types, and they look a million times better then blocky mdl.

Leave a comment:

• Disorara
    replied
    google search for quake 2 model editor, the program name is called MDL.exe, even though it's for quake 2 models it supports opening and saving of quake MDL files (which I don't reccomend, since it messes up model alignments and only uses the quake 2 palette, rather I save as MD2 and then use Quark to save as MDL again, probably not the best way to do things but it works for me)

Here's the new proportions in relation to the original model
    Last edited by Disorara; 08-31-2012, 12:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• R00k
    replied
    I have no idea what MDL.exe u refer to. searching google showed a virus name mdl.exe!

Leave a comment:

• Disorara
    replied
    Originally posted by R00k View Post
    Did you have to modify the vertices for each frame or break the player model down into objects and then mod that? I've tried to break the player model into objects (head, arm torso etc)but QME always adds or subtracts verts after a save/load.
    I used the excellent MDL.exe utility to warp vertices individually, the vertices I modify carry over onto all subsequent frames, making it consistent and saving a lot of time (strangely, the dying animations remain unaltered by this, but I don't figure people will stand around looking at dead bodies ingame)

you know, actually ive been thinking about the same thing lately.
    would love to have a good quake female player model to use.
    does anyone have one, or willing to make one?

and sorry disorara but personally i think that model you made isnt very good looking.
    the proportions look all messed up imo.

but it would be totally awesome if someone would be willing to make a good hi-poly female player model. id love to be able to be able to play with my best friend and actually see 2 female marines running through the map instead of males
    No problem! I'm actually looking for feedback to make this better, the thing is I tried realistic proportions but when I observed it ingame I didn't readily notice any real difference from the original quake model, which defeated the purpose. I wanted a shape that players would instantly recognize as being female, even in the high paced environment of quake. Maybe I overdid it! (also, most female quakeworld skins are incredibly over the top, I had those skins in mind)

Ill try more realistic proportions again, see if that looks better

Originally posted by R00k View Post
    remake quake has one.
    I suspected as such
    Last edited by Disorara; 08-31-2012, 11:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• R00k
    replied
    remake quake has one.

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    you know, actually ive been thinking about the same thing lately.
    would love to have a good quake female player model to use.
    does anyone have one, or willing to make one?

and sorry disorara but personally i think that model you made isnt very good looking.
    the proportions look all messed up imo.

but it would be totally awesome if someone would be willing to make a good hi-poly female player model. id love to be able to be able to play with my best friend and actually see 2 female marines running through the map instead of males

Leave a comment:

• R00k
    replied
    Did you have to modify the vertices for each frame or break the player model down into objects and then mod that? I've tried to break the player model into objects (head, arm torso etc)but QME always adds or subtracts verts after a save/load.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X