Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Female Quake Player Model

This has probably been done before, but here it is anyways

I modified the proportions of the original quake marine model to accomodate female quakeworld skins (I exaggerated the features so as to stand out in game) here's how it looks like:

It contains the exact same number of vertices as the original model and because I don't know how to create mdl files correctly the mdl file that's uploaded depends on "base.pcx" to be in the skins folder, rather than having the skin exist within the mdl file (it's also not adjusted for team colors, but that's easy to fix)

Download player model.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Did you have to modify the vertices for each frame or break the player model down into objects and then mod that? I've tried to break the player model into objects (head, arm torso etc)but QME always adds or subtracts verts after a save/load.
    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

you know, actually ive been thinking about the same thing lately.
      would love to have a good quake female player model to use.
      does anyone have one, or willing to make one?

and sorry disorara but personally i think that model you made isnt very good looking.
      the proportions look all messed up imo.

but it would be totally awesome if someone would be willing to make a good hi-poly female player model. id love to be able to be able to play with my best friend and actually see 2 female marines running through the map instead of males
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

remake quake has one.

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
          Did you have to modify the vertices for each frame or break the player model down into objects and then mod that? I've tried to break the player model into objects (head, arm torso etc)but QME always adds or subtracts verts after a save/load.
          I used the excellent MDL.exe utility to warp vertices individually, the vertices I modify carry over onto all subsequent frames, making it consistent and saving a lot of time (strangely, the dying animations remain unaltered by this, but I don't figure people will stand around looking at dead bodies ingame)

Originally posted by splitterface View Post
          you know, actually ive been thinking about the same thing lately.
          would love to have a good quake female player model to use.
          does anyone have one, or willing to make one?

and sorry disorara but personally i think that model you made isnt very good looking.
          the proportions look all messed up imo.

but it would be totally awesome if someone would be willing to make a good hi-poly female player model. id love to be able to be able to play with my best friend and actually see 2 female marines running through the map instead of males
          No problem! I'm actually looking for feedback to make this better, the thing is I tried realistic proportions but when I observed it ingame I didn't readily notice any real difference from the original quake model, which defeated the purpose. I wanted a shape that players would instantly recognize as being female, even in the high paced environment of quake. Maybe I overdid it! (also, most female quakeworld skins are incredibly over the top, I had those skins in mind)

Ill try more realistic proportions again, see if that looks better

Originally posted by R00k View Post
          remake quake has one.
          I suspected as such
          Last edited by Disorara; 08-31-2012, 11:54 AM.

Comment

I have no idea what MDL.exe u refer to. searching google showed a virus name mdl.exe!

Comment

google search for quake 2 model editor, the program name is called MDL.exe, even though it's for quake 2 models it supports opening and saving of quake MDL files (which I don't reccomend, since it messes up model alignments and only uses the quake 2 palette, rather I save as MD2 and then use Quark to save as MDL again, probably not the best way to do things but it works for me)

Here's the new proportions in relation to the original model
              Last edited by Disorara; 08-31-2012, 12:35 PM.

Comment

that looks better.

but why go low-poly mdl when you can use hi-poly md2 md3 or such with a nice hi-res texture?
                nearly every single engine out there nowadays support replacement content and all those model-types, and they look a million times better then blocky mdl.
                are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Hello Disorara,

Very good work on the model.
                  It has all the things that a female model should have

I am sure, that other people with more knowledge in model formats/converts will soon rush in here and give you more support.
                  But I want to at least suggest "qwalk" in this case. Maybe also "Noesis".
                  I am also working on model editing at this moment and I also had to use a md2 model for my base.
                  The best experience I had with this specific md2 format is "qwalk".
                  It does it better than Noesis due to keeping the frame-group-animation names and sorted groups.
                  It also includes the skin into the model (not needed to put it seperately).
                  --> You wrote above that you have problems with it.

Please try qwalk and see if it helps.

But as I said, sure other people will give more helpful tips soon...

Best wishes,
                  Seven

Comment

Here is one:

ftp://ftp.fu-berlin.de/pc/games/idga...l/womanv11.zip

Comment

dudes that is weird. i was actually going to post to see if anybody ever made a female model. i guess somebody's psychic...
                      My Avatars!
                      Quake Leagues
                      Quake 1.5!!!
                      Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Originally posted by splitterface View Post
                        that looks better.

but why go low-poly mdl when you can use hi-poly md2 md3 or such with a nice hi-res texture?
                        nearly every single engine out there nowadays support replacement content and all those model-types, and they look a million times better then blocky mdl.
                        I guess it's a challenge for me to forge a female model out of the blocky player model

Originally posted by Seven View Post
                        Hello Disorara,

Very good work on the model.
                        It has all the things that a female model should have

I am sure, that other people with more knowledge in model formats/converts will soon rush in here and give you more support.
                        But I want to at least suggest "qwalk" in this case. Maybe also "Noesis".
                        I am also working on model editing at this moment and I also had to use a md2 model for my base.
                        The best experience I had with this specific md2 format is "qwalk".
                        It does it better than Noesis due to keeping the frame-group-animation names and sorted groups.
                        It also includes the skin into the model (not needed to put it seperately).
                        --> You wrote above that you have problems with it.

Please try qwalk and see if it helps.

But as I said, sure other people will give more helpful tips soon...

Best wishes,
                        Seven
                        Thanks for the tip, seven!
                        This makes things so much easier and automated!

Comment

first things first ; leave the realm of "real warrior chicks show skin".

Quake & Sex Appeal dont mix imo.
                          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                            first things first ; leave the realm of "real warrior chicks show skin".

Quake & Sex Appeal dont mix imo.
                            yes exactly. why would a female space marine be running around in a suit that looks like something that makes her look like she jsut came from some bdsm show?

a real female marine wouldnt look all overly sexy and run around in an outfit like that, she'd just wear a modified version of the same kinda of outfit that a male marine would wear.

in a real life army you dont see the females running around in skimpy outfits that seem to originate from the bdsm scene either, right?

a female marine wouldnt look overly sexy and run around in a skimpy outfit, she'd look strong and tough and wear an armor too

Comment

What Mindf!3ldzX said - forget about this bikini armor bullshit.

Quake HD: Embrace the decline and have some guilty pleasure with it, or join a club for monocled gentlemen at quaddicted and play Quake the way it's meant to be played.

Comment

Working...
                              X