Female Quake Player Model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
    first things first ; leave the realm of "real warrior chicks show skin".

Quake & Sex Appeal dont mix imo.
    it would ultimately depend on what skin you're using (the skin isn't mine, it's just something I put there so that there would be something there instead of nothing) I am currently in the process of drawing a female quake marine skin based on the original marine skin

Originally posted by splitterface View Post
    yes exactly. why would a female space marine be running around in a suit that looks like something that makes her look like she jsut came from some bdsm show?

a real female marine wouldnt look all overly sexy and run around in an outfit like that, she'd just wear a modified version of the same kinda of outfit that a male marine would wear.

in a real life army you dont see the females running around in skimpy outfits that seem to originate from the bdsm scene either, right?

a female marine wouldnt look overly sexy and run around in a skimpy outfit, she'd look strong and tough and wear an armor too
    Quake isn't exactly the paragon of reality, I'd argue it looks bad simply because of visual consistency clash, but whatever, if anybody can find a female marine skin before I draw my own, feel free to do so, otherwise you'll either have to use the default player skin (which due to model warping actually makes the player look like a girl, save for the face and chest) or the many many stripperific female quakeworld skins

Somewhere along the lines, I went from changing the model to support female skins better to making a female marine, which wasn't my intention completely but since we're here we might as well

on that note, here's the second iteration of my model, I hope I got it right this time!

Model File Download

Comment

I really gave deep thought on how to approach what I wanted to say ; I tried awhile back when I seen some of splitterface's SL models ,and it totally backfired on me haha.

I just get really irritated when you'll see, as example the quake player model full decked out in war-outfits , but a cooresponding chick character model will be waaaaay revealing by comparison.

If the male gets a cod peice, the girl one obviously doesnt deserve it. The male model gets full decked out armor and look , the chick model shouldn't be any less prepared for war.

I just really hate the whole "male/female" dynamic that comes with most gaming,and hope to see a faithful "female quake model" that looks like she's here to bust skulls,not lapdance her victims to death.

added w/ edit ; I do understand that to be "blatantly female" it will require curves, donk,chest,whatever you wanna label them, she'll need them to be an obvious 'she', I forsee the hardest part being making a good quality face to put inside the quake helmet.
      Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 08-31-2012, 06:30 PM.
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Why not just use Julie?
        WARNING
        May be too intense for some viewers.
        Stress Relief Device
        ....BANG HEAD HERE....
        ---------------------------
        .--------------------------

Comment

I'm aware of two good (meaning, correct proportions, not just a male player with tits) female player models for quake:

the "Cory" model which is more sporty looking, and another female model (perhaps the one that was linked earlier) which is a bit smaller.

"Female"

"Cory"

Both are in the RemakeQuake SVN under testing/. Both need new skins, I think (the female marine skin is by Amon26, but tbh it looks very low res to my eyes now), and maybe tweaking. And both need sound sets, so if one of our female Quakers is willing to sit in front of a microphone and record the player sounds, then I'll edit those sounds for you.

Scout's Journey will have a female protagonist, but I'll model that one from scratch and she might not look Quakey - but she will look like a female space marine.
          Scout's Journey
          Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

yeah that same one that comes with rmq i think is actually quite nice.

although the one i have from rmq has a different skin

think she looks better with that skin cuz it looks more like she's wearing the same armor as the original quake marine

i just tried copying the one from rmq over and renaming it, and i think that one actually is pretty good.
            it would look great if someone made hi-res skin for it

EDIT: oh btw golden, could you perhaps also share that cory model? it looks sweet too
            Last edited by talisa; 08-31-2012, 07:52 PM.
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

http://icculus.org/remakequake/cory_quakemodel.zip
              Scout's Journey
              Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

thanx golden
                are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Something like this would be great:

Comment

I believe if someone gave the Cory model pants and body armour (looks like she has boots on already), she would make an OK space marine.

Remember Quakeguy also doesn't wear "realistic army gear".
                    Scout's Journey
                    Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

I've posted pic just to illustrate how ridiculous concept of a female warrior in thongs, strings and bikini is.
                      I wouldn't like realistic war gear either.

This “female” model with a skin from Splitterface's screenshot looks good.
                      Quake HD: Embrace the decline and have some guilty pleasure with it, or join a club for monocled gentlemen at quaddicted and play Quake the way it's meant to be played.

Comment

The thing about the quake marine's armor is that it's huge and boxy and that's not actually his contours either, I imagine it was done that way to save on memory, technically a female would look the same in the same armor but I figure we don't need to be that accurate, I imagined a female quake marine looking like the one from quake 2 (with contours being hinted at but otherwise in large bulky armor)

Originally posted by golden_boy View Post
                        I'm aware of two good (meaning, correct proportions, not just a male player with tits) female player models for quake
                        This is supposed to be a proportionally correct female player model, ironically after discovering the only attempted edit (it probably is a better idea to use a different model altogether, that model you posted look great!) turned out to be just what you said

I think this is as far as I can logically go, is there anything else I should tweak before I declare this as finished?
                        Last edited by Disorara; 09-01-2012, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Narrow the shoulders and thighs a bit more.
                          WARNING
                          May be too intense for some viewers.
                          Stress Relief Device
                          ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                          ---------------------------
                          .--------------------------

Comment

Reduce shoulders, flatten chest (she's wearing armour), straighten the spine a little more, put the feet closer together (she stands like a man atm), consider downsizing the head/helmet.

It is true that the same armour would look just as bulky on a woman, but I'd assume they have more than one model of armour

Thighs are a bit bulky. Feet are a bit too tiny. Just use a reference image.
                            Scout's Journey
                            Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Remember Quakeguy also doesn't wear "realistic army gear".
                              I always thought those thigh pads were hella ridiculous, like bad roller derby wear.

Ranger - "I got my helmet, armor with shoulder protection, big ass boots, BFG...oh oops I almost forgot my thigh pads."

Actually the axe is a little silly too (imo)
                              http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

^^

i think the axe should be replaced by the ball n chain used in ctf
                                My Avatars!
                                Quake Leagues
                                Quake 1.5!!!
                                Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Working...
                                X