quad damage effects in weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quad damage effects in weapons

Hello quakeone on these days i am very busy with study and job but i took some time for quake and qc
    My idea was very simple, to add the "quad damage" effect (like quake 3 arena) in quake 1 for darkplaces

So you just to get the quad damage or write impulse 255 , maybe textures and locations need to be fixed (i have some problems with scale and viewmodelforclient) : enjoy (is only for darkplaces)

Download
    the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Hi Nahuel,

I didnt know that you like these gfx *blingbling* stuff for Quake.
    Just tried it and it looks very interesting.

You always suprise us with great ideas.

Thank you.
    Seven

Comment

oooh. another cool effect for quake? sounds interesting.
      My Avatars!
      Quake Leagues
      Quake 1.5!!!
      Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Never thought of it and will have to try it!

Comment

This mod makes me think... what about changing weapon effects while under Quad? Not just the damage, but the weapon itself with an upgraded version. Just like Heretic, wouldn't be nice?
          Contradiction is truth. Fear is freedom. Rights are privileges. Job is a commodity. Ignorance is strength.

Comment

Originally posted by ezzetabi View Post
            This mod makes me think... what about changing weapon effects while under Quad? Not just the damage, but the weapon itself with an upgraded version. Just like Heretic, wouldn't be nice?
            good idea. this sounds interesting. care to weigh in, seven?
            My Avatars!
            Quake Leagues
            Quake 1.5!!!
            Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post
              Hi Nahuel,

I didnt know that you like these gfx *blingbling* stuff for Quake.
              hahaha hellow Seven! in the last days i become the be a fan of open arena and xonotic !! Also I played a lot quake 3 arena and Wolfenstein enemy territory, so i see some interesting effects in quake 3 and open arena and some interesting stuff in wolfenstein enemy territory. I think why not this in quake for darkplaces?
              have a nice day!

syluxman2803

Comment

Originally posted by ezzetabi View Post
                Yes, sure it is a nice idea.
                I already can see my nailgun shooting triple nails in a 20 degree angle.
                And my shotguns fire in double speed with flaming shells

I think that most weapons are already doing this in the mission pack 2. That is why I love this mission pack the most: Its great weapon enhancements (lava nails, multi rockets, plasma balls).

Many mods bring new weapon features into original quake already.
                OoPpEe for example made a mod where the ammo boxes have a random chance to be the alternatives and also the monsters.
                MP1 and MP2 weapons are introduced and even the QTest weapons.
                Unfortunately his mod got abandoned. I still have the last source of it here, where even the simpls 'scrolling' through all weapons was a masterpiece (done by Dr.Shadowborg himself).

But sorry, I am fading away from this thread topic...

Originally posted by nahuel View Post
                hahaha hellow Seven! in the last days i become the be a fan of open arena and xonotic !! Also I played a lot quake 3 arena and Wolfenstein enemy territory, so i see some interesting effects in quake 3 and open arena and some interesting stuff in wolfenstein enemy territory. I think why not this in quake for darkplaces?
                have a nice day!
                Yes, I understand your point my friend. I also saw all your other features, that you did not release here in this forum that shows your big supply of great ideas and technically nice realization.

The small disadvantage of this quad-effect-mod is that it is not possible to use replacement models the easy way.
                Especially for a replacement engine like DarkPlaces, most users use replacement weapon-models. And their variation is big, so you can never satisfy them all.
                The shader must be edited to match the skin texture that these are using, but then your QC code works perfectly.
                "viewmodelforclient" has so much power and brings so many possibilities...
                You just demonstrated it very nicely.

While reading all the games you play at the moment, I hope you will not leave the Quake community.
                We need you here Nahuel.

Have a relaxing week.
                Seven

Comment

Originally posted by nahuel View Post
                  have a nice day!
                  Xonotic is great. Played it much too Xonotic online is much much better,
                  What is your "online-name" in xonotic nahuel?

Comment

Hello Webangel!! i do not play online!! my skill is very poor to do it

syluxman2803

Comment

Working...
                    X