Doom weapons in Quake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doom weapons in Quake

Does exist a similar mod? I know there is that mod YPOD, but weapons are really poor quality.

Wrong section! I'm very sorry, mods, can you move this thread please?

A few months ago, I asked a similar question... The answer is no; there is no Quake mod that uses Doom's weapons. Doom used the Sprite/id Tech 1 engine and Quake did not. But there is a Quake mod that features a chain saw. Unfortunately, I don't remember what it's called.
    "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Comment

remake quake had a chainsaw.
      My Avatars!
      Quake Leagues
      Quake 1.5!!!
      Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Chainsaw? In Doom style or the oned appeared in Zerstorer then n other countless mods/maps. It would be cool to have JDoom weapon models ported to DP :p

Comment

There was one mod I played, I can't remember what it was called... Killer Mod I think...

But the Lightning Gun also second as a BFG
          The animation was somewhat poor, but it did the trick

It also had a chaingun, and a plasma gun, I think it actually covered all the DOOM weapons - but they didn't look like them by any means
          +Rep! I'm going to the top!

Comment

Originally posted by RL Clown View Post
            A few months ago, I asked a similar question... The answer is no; there is no Quake mod that uses Doom's weapons. Doom used the Sprite/id Tech 1 engine and Quake did not. But there is a Quake mod that features a chain saw. Unfortunately, I don't remember what it's called.
            Maybe this mod? http://gamers.org/pub/idgames2/quake...s/chainsaw.zip

I highly recommend searching through this site for Mods: http://gamers.org/pub/
            It has like 1,000 different mods sorted into categories. I use it when I'm looking for a mod in particular.

Comment

Originally posted by Kliffington View Post
              There was one mod I played, I can't remember what it was called... Killer Mod I think...

But the Lightning Gun also second as a BFG
              The animation was somewhat poor, but it did the trick

It also had a chaingun, and a plasma gun, I think it actually covered all the DOOM weapons - but they didn't look like them by any means
              When I first got DarkPlaces, I had the same exact mod(s). Then I reformated, redownloaded DP, and now I no longer have those mods. Odd.
              Soundtracks and Instrumentals
              MyMusic | Youtube

Comment

KQP's tripple fish launcher is such an awesome weapon.
                Some Game Thing

Comment

Oh I forgot to mention, I found the Doom 2 Weapons mod for Q1 you were looking for. It's here: http://gamers.org/pub/idgames2/parti...ons/doom21.zip

Comment

the closest throw back to Doom I have witnessed in Q1 is this RocketArena map

Doom 2 Map 01RA , DOM2_1RA
                    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I love how the Doom 2 mod works on my PSP when I select Single Player, but crashes before loading a map in Deathmatch T.T

Comment

You could rip the Risen3D models and put em in Quake.
                        Risen3D Home Page

Comment

About the chainsaw there is a very good one in the excellent map Unforgiven.
                          https://www.quaddicted.com/reviews/unforgiven.html
                          Contradiction is truth. Fear is freedom. Rights are privileges. Job is a commodity. Ignorance is strength.

Comment

There are a number of Doom 3 mods that use various Doom weapons/props.

Comment

I tried jastolze linked mod and it is interesting. The shotguns are nice, the plasma thrower is also nice. The other weapons not so much. Beside there is no qc source so using the weapons in another mod might be a problem.
                              Contradiction is truth. Fear is freedom. Rights are privileges. Job is a commodity. Ignorance is strength.

Comment

Working...
                              X