Doom weapons in Quake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ezzetabi View Post
    I tried jastolze linked mod and it is interesting. The shotguns are nice, the plasma thrower is also nice. The other weapons not so much. Beside there is no qc source so using the weapons in another mod might be a problem.
    Actually, you can get the QC files by decompiling it with FrikGUI. That's how I added the Frikbot to it.

Comment

I know about decompiling, but still the readme contains a license that limits the use of the mod to "AS-IS". I tried to email the author, but email is not active anymore.
      Contradiction is truth. Fear is freedom. Rights are privileges. Job is a commodity. Ignorance is strength.

Comment

Originally posted by ezzetabi View Post
        I know about decompiling, but still the readme contains a license that limits the use of the mod to "AS-IS". I tried to email the author, but email is not active anymore.
        I think as long as you don't go public with it, you should be fine. Meaning, if it's for your own personal use, I'm pretty sure he's fine with it. I mean, he even said if you want the QC files, you can decompile it.

Comment

I am actually fine even if I go public... I hardly believe he would know, go figure do something at legal level.
          Still it is ridiculous.
          Contradiction is truth. Fear is freedom. Rights are privileges. Job is a commodity. Ignorance is strength.

Comment

Your Path of Destruction which you already mentioned was the only Doom2Quake mod ever released as far as I can remember.
            You can easily replace the models from it with MD3's or MD2's from various Doom 3D packs such as Risen 3D but you gotta do some QuakeC editing of course... was the source for YPOD ever released or included? I think not, HRM. But recoding it can be done in a couple days since it's fairly simple QC (or you grab a decompiler or something... I doubt anyone nobody cares)

Comment

Working...
            X