Ogre Model Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers guys! It's been a lot of fun.

OoPpEe - Its nearly ready. I'm going to do a low poly as well.

Comment

id love to have alt version with different weapon in hand too that you're making for OoPpEe when its done
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Check the original post.

Comment

It would be cool to have also an alternative skin for the Mission Pack 2 multi grenade ogre

Comment

Wow!

Amazing work!! This orge model is outstanding! Love that its so high-poly model, the face and everything looks so perfectly circular! Great work!

BTW, is there a great collection of such high-poly models for all enemies so I don't have to see those blocky enemies anymore? Any recommendations?

Comment

@ironwarfare
              i... did actually made that right away the same day teamonster released the ogre
              its not amazing, just a simple recolor of the apron and i didnt change anyting else beside that, but ill post it in a bit for y'all

@luckysheep
              there most definitely are hi-poly models for most of the quake enemies. check out my thread about multi-skins for the hi-poly models available, it also contains links to all the models themselves at bottom of first post
              http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...sters-smc.html

EDIT: update, i just posted the skin-combo i made for rogue with my recolored ogre for multi-G ogre
              http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...tml#post128168
              Last edited by talisa; 02-02-2013, 02:19 AM.
              are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
              everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Originally posted by splitterface View Post

@luckysheep
                there most definitely are hi-poly models for most of the quake enemies. check out my thread about multi-skins for the hi-poly models available, it also contains links to all the models themselves at bottom of first post
                http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...sters-smc.html

EDIT: update, i just posted the skin-combo i made for rogue with my recolored ogre for multi-G ogre
                http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...tml#post128168
                Hey Splitterface,
                Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, the link for Tabun's enforcer(ported by Ooppee) is not working. Could you possibly have it and upload it somewhere, please?

Comment

Originally posted by lucky88shp View Post
                  Hey Splitterface,
                  Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, the link for Tabun's enforcer(ported by Ooppee) is not working. Could you possibly have it and upload it somewhere, please?
                  Are you looking for my original release or for his multiskin edit (which link is working - just double checked)?

The multi-version will work without the multi-skin mod. It will just not use the second skin at all and default to the unedited skin only.

I did a recent OS change which required backing everything up. I have it saved, I'll see if I can get it reuploaded for you.

Comment

@lucky88shp
                    if you looked a bit further through OoPpEe's thread of his release of tabuns enforcer,
                    you wouldve found this post where i already posted a link to mediafire mirror i made long ago
                    http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...tml#post117974

Comment

Thanks for this Splitterface! Now we need some alternatre skins for the Spider by Seven!

Comment

Thanks Tea Monster for this great Ogre model! Finally I don't have to look at that cube-headed old Ogre anymore. With all the great replacement models available for Quake, that old Ogre was looking very angular. Also, nice job staying true to the original look and feel of the Quake Ogre. This is what I always envisioned the Quake Ogre to look like in HD.

Comment

Originally posted by splitterface View Post
                          @lucky88shp
                          if you looked a bit further through OoPpEe's thread of his release of tabuns enforcer,
                          you wouldve found this post where i already posted a link to mediafire mirror i made long ago
                          http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...tml#post117974
                          Updated my original launch post with your link thanks!

Comment

@lambenthammerburst and @splitterface

Thanks alot for the link. Sorry I quicky went through that post but somehow didn't see that link.

Comment

@lam
                              sure thing, you're welcome for the mirror

@lucky
                              lol its ok, glad to be able to help you

Comment

Hi all!
                                Congratulations, Tea Monster! This great work!
                                Some remarks about relise version:
                                - I watched the movements of ogre model in slomo mode (/slomo 0.1) and i saw something strange with his right hand... hmm, may be its bug of DP engine or smtng in model, dont know)
                                - Seems monster looks like better with r_shadow_glossintensity 2. Maybe same effect would be if we make most brightly _gloss texture? Its only my IMHO.

WBR and, as before, sorry for my terrible english)

Comment

Working...
                                X