Ogre Model Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i can confirm what arioch said

problem is only with that version though, just tried the other version and from that one the headgib is normal size.

so solution would be to simply replace the headgib model with the one from the other version
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

I replace the file. Problem solved

PS: Tea Monster, please do now the Hellknight, I beg you!!! :0
      Sorry if my english isn't clear, is not my native languaje.

Comment

oof if the chainsaw wont get ya, dem damn teef will!
        www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

I don't realy like the idea of totally new models, not faithful to the original... But I don't know why this one's an exception! It feels like this ogre BELONGS to Quake, nothing alien.... So
          MOD it! Start Point Remake Quake Scout's Journey Quaketastic WhiteDay Quake Terminus UQE

Comment

Amazing! This is just amazing!
            Great job!
            200 aņos de mi querido PARAGUAY
            14/05/1811

Comment

Do we need both PK3's? I mean, if I wanna use the Ogre with custom nade launcher
              Souvenirs d'un autre monde

Comment

@ghost
                nope you wont need both but only either, depending on which version you wanna use
                are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Cool, thanks
                  Souvenirs d'un autre monde

Comment

Wow that ogre is incredible! Nice work Tea Monster. I agree with everyone else, if you're up for it, the Hell Knight would be totally badass.
                    'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Yes, I would also love to see another monster from Tea Monster
                      Without Tea Monsterīs help I would not have been able to blow life into the Afrit for Quake as well.
                      He has a big experience in modeling and always likes to help.

Dutch,
                      Until a new Hellknight / Knight is done, you maybe want to take a sneak peek into here.
                      You will find a possible .mdl replacement for these monsters. Or an additional monster, like you wanted to do for RiftQuake, with some more mean features...

Best wishes.

Comment

@Seven

Thanks for the link, gonna check them out as soon as I can. They look promising.
                        'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Now this is what i am talking about! He looks very creepy! This is how every quake monster should look like. The players should shit in their pants Good job BTW: Have you baked the high poly on the low poly?

Originally posted by hgdagon View Post
                          I don't realy like the idea of totally new models, not faithful to the original... But I don't know why this one's an exception! It feels like this ogre BELONGS to Quake, nothing alien.... So
                          I think he looks okay... i would even say great. This version here have muscles and looks more like the original. I would say better as the reforged one. Alien? I think its more a mix of a psycho, devil, and a demon in one.
                          Last edited by Sza; 03-02-2014, 05:13 PM.

Comment

@Sza

By "alien" I meant "something that doesn't belong to the whole concept"
                            This model doesn't really look like the original ogre, it's moderately modified, but it fits in perfectly. That's basically what I wanted to say
                            MOD it! Start Point Remake Quake Scout's Journey Quaketastic WhiteDay Quake Terminus UQE

Comment

This is such awesome stuff! It's unfortunate that I can't get Darkplaces to run all that great on my machine. I have the specs for sure, I'm not sure what it is.

Comment

Hello,

Tea Monsterīs opening post is maybe a bit misleading, as he wrote:
                                High Poly Ogre Model with all the trimmings for Dark Places
                                Here is a replacement Ogre model for Dark Places.
                                It includes normal, gloss and luma maps.

During development, Tea Monster tested his beauty with the Darkplaces engine, but it is NOT the only engine which can handle his beauty.

In fact, most advanced Quake engines can handle .md3 nowadays.
                                MD3 is what the higher poly Ogre monster model is.

Tea Monster also posted a lower poly Ogre monster (which is also linked in his opening post).
                                That .mdl version can be used with any Quake engine, as in principle you could even replace the original ogre.mdl in pak0.pak with that one...

So, if you cannot use Darkplaces (for whatever strange reason), you can either use:
                                - higher poly version with FTE, Qrack, ...
                                - lower poly with *any* other engine

Note for FTE:
                                FTE swallows it as it comes
                                ... Tea Monsters original .pk3 file, or extracted. Named as .mdl or .md3. FTE doesnt care

Note for Qrack:
                                You need to tinker with it a tiny little bit.
                                Qrack doesnt support .pk3īs, so either:
                                - put Tea Monsters files + folders in a .pak file and put it into /id1 or /qrack folder.
                                - extract Tea Monsters files + folders directly into /qrack folder
                                Qrack will then play them just fine.

Tea Monster,
                                Could you maybe extend your opening post (or leave out the word "Darkplaces" in it) ? As it might lead to misunderstanding.

Replacement content gets a LOT more difficult when it comes to .mdl models and their skin textures. As there is no standard in naming the replacement skins. But that is not the subject here...

===================================

Tea Monster,

I was amazed by your newest dmp project model. It looks fantastic !

Do you have plans in releasing it under the same license as your Quake ogre ?
                                I am very interested in it !

Kind regards,
                                Seven

Comment

Working...
                                X