No announcement yet.

Ogre Model Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was actually by an artist who goes by CGPhantom. He has graciously allowed me to post the sources for that model on the DMP site. It's up there now, including a version with normal maps ready for MD3ing.

If you look over history of the WIP thread, I've asked on several occasions for someone to test it with other Quake ports. I don't have them installed, and to be honest, I don't have the time to mess around with them. So I've issued the model in a format that I *think* will work, but I needed to confirm that.

If you've done that, then thank you Seven

Talisa has asked me (repeatedly ) to do the hell knight. I've not rulled out doing another model, but I'm just thinking that everyone is going to want it to look exactly like the original. Seeing that Capnbubs is on the case, I'm wondering if there is any point to doing one that people aren't going to appreciate that much, to be completely honest.
    Last edited by Tea Monster; 03-11-2014, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tea Monster View Post
      That was actually by an artist who goes by CGPhantom. He has graciously allowed me to post the sources for that model on the DMP site.
      Hi Tea Monster,

Guess what I read in the .ded file:
      Lost Soul by Son of Tea Monster
      Good to see that you have raised your children to follow you in your footsteps
      I do not see any license included. Can you tell me, what license the model has ?

Thank you.

Comment

TeaMonster, do you know it those doom models will be released also for GZDoom/Zandronum?

Comment

Seven - Yes, I'm very proud of what he has achieved. That particular one (and my pinky and cacodemon) were released under CC Attribution non-commercial.
          Creative Commons — Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 Generic — CC BY-NC 2.5
          The others that Kuri Kai did were released under gplv2

Iron Warfare - I have no idea how to write def files for GZDoom and I've never heard of Zandronum. That is why I released the sources. If you wish to make them compatible for that mod/port and include them in a model pack than feel free, just give credit - you can't use it for any commercial projects though.

The new models will be released under similar terms. The sources for them will be released shortly after the models are. We are waiting for some news on Doomsday's new rendering engine before we complete them though.
          Last edited by Tea Monster; 03-16-2014, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Too Cool!

I just now seen this Ogre model and it looks absolutely amazing. I am going to download it and try this bad boy out. All I can say from the screenshot is damn fine work there and I hope to see more like this.
            Make no mistakes here... I'm not a mere madman... I'm a realist!

Comment

Thank you very much

Comment

xolve has kindly repackaged the low poly ogre to fix a possible problem with the graphics loading on some ports.

I've re-hosted it on the Doom Model Project site. I've updated the link in the OP.

Iron Warfare - Two of my current Doom Models, the Caco and the Pinky Demon, are issued under similar terms and are available now. They aren't the new versions I'm working on now, but if you wanted to include them in a pack for those two source ports you mentioned, they are on the Doom Model Project site.
                Last edited by Tea Monster; 06-14-2014, 02:27 PM.

Comment

BTW Teamonster, do you continue working on your Doom models? The ones i have downloaded are the best i have seen so far!

Comment

Originally posted by TR2N View Post
                    [...] The ones i have downloaded are the best i have seen so far!
                    And dont forget to mention his son. He does a fantastic job too.
                    Like father, like son

Comment

Thank you! Yes, work is progressing, if slowly, on the new models.

Comment

Comment

Excellent!

Comment

Totally badass!
                            'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

already saw your doom-models in the monsters-thread over at doomsday forums, but ill say it again:

absolutely awesome looking models, love em <3
                              are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                              > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                              everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Holy FU**, i mean SH*T! That is absolutely AWESOME!!!! Want to see this in my personal DOOM!

Comment

Working...
                                X