Quake Mission Pack Title Plaques

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake Mission Pack Title Plaques

Over the course of the months I have really picked up on my photoshop skills. I started off knowing little, but like a little kid who goes from learning to crawl to training wheels on their bike-- I am making progress. While I am definitely no where near the talent and originality as some/most of the quake modding community, I have to start somewhere.
    As a learning exercise, I took some existing work of Moondrunk's hud and played around with it, using logos of the companies that made the respective content in the 2 mission packs. I thought I would share the plaques I edited. These may not work with all HUD packs, so I included the menu HUD I have been using as a reference point for folks who don't want to hunt for it.

View samples:
    http://i.imgur.com/y9GbRqx.png
    http://i.imgur.com/wlJvFbn.png
    Note that what appears white in certain image viewing programs should be a clear alpha channel-- it will be clear in game.

You can either download the images manually above, rename the png file to qplaque, and place in a folder called gfx in the expansion packs folder
    or download the pk3 files below-- place in the hipnotic or rogue folders.
    Hipnotic/Ritual Choice A
    Hipnotic/Ritual Choice B
    Hipnotic/Ritual Choice C
    Rogue Choice A
    Rogue Choice B
    Photoshop source for those that want to take their own spin.
    Last edited by DeadTenor; 07-29-2016, 07:42 PM. Reason: fixed some links

Great additions to my highres menu graphics collection! ^^ Thanks a lot!
    Authentic Models Pack
    OriOn's ID1 Model Fixes for MP1+2
    LIT/VIS files for Quake addons

Comment

thanx deadtenor, these look great and its nice to have different logos at menu for mission-packs
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

I am glad to share it and have people like it.
        Added a third option on OP for hipnotic for their old pre ritual logo.

Comment

cool! these fit in great!
          My Avatars!
          Quake Leagues
          Quake 1.5!!!
          Definitive HD Quake

Comment

nice tenor, i like that swirly hipnotic logo more

request... could you make an hipnotic logo with the swirly logo and vertical text like the rogue logo has?
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Modified Choice C based on Splitterface's suggestion; also changed Choice B with a clear background which got rid of that boring black.
              Last edited by DeadTenor; 02-28-2013, 09:51 PM.

Comment

These are really great

I'zzz especially luv's me some new hud graphics, THANKS.
                Name's damage_inc, and killing is my business. Don't worry though, it's nothing personal! Oh wait... maybe it is

Comment

Very nice. Thanks for sharing your work.

Comment

Hello DeadTenor,

I knew it !
                    Thank you for your work end efforts.
                    Very good to see creative people working on Quake.

The DoE´s human face might be historically correct, but when I think about DoE, I always have the cover in my mind. It shows the eye of a dragon/snake.
                    In this forum you will also find custom mission pack console backgrounds with that eye on it for DoE. That would fit better to DoE than the mans face in my opinion.
                    But that is only my opinion, and you know I am wrong many times.

Have to say it again: Good to have you here in this forum.

Best wishes,
                    Seven

Comment

Edit: It seems that I am done with this side hobby for the time being, and for the foreseeable future I don't plan on working on this plaque anymore.
                      So here's the photoshop files if someone wants to take their own spin on it. All I ask is that if you modify and make it public that you credit Moondrunk for the original work, myself for the photoshopped edits, and if at all possible post the edits on this forum thread. If it's closed just ask a mod to open it back up.

Link
                      Mirror
                      Mirror 2 quaketastic
                      Mirror 3
                      As per Seven's request, I added the artwork from the DoE box art as an alternative choice for Rogue.
                      Last edited by DeadTenor; 08-03-2016, 03:40 PM. Reason: added psd, edited links

Comment

unlocked :F
                        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by DeadTenor View Post
                          "The file you're trying to download isn't available"
                          Fórum QuakeBrasil

Lots of Quake related stuff

Comment

fixed.

Comment

Working...
                            X