Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

downloading NOW!

Comment

are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

because JD asked for it, and cuz i had the idea to do this too already before he asked....

my sword as replacement for the axe hud weapon

took the hud axe OoPpEe ported from shamblers castle mod, removed the axe from it and added my sword to it

GET IT HERE!
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

if anybody knows any more nice-looking free sword-models, please do share links to them and ill look into animating them for ROGUE
          I made a hammer? (long time ago). I could give you the .blend (probably - gotta find it but am confident I know where it is).

edit: yup, found it. I will upload it if you want it. It has really clean geometry and is already unwrapped. There was apparently a texture at one point but I remember it sucked and it isn't in the project folder anymore anyway.
          Last edited by MadGypsy; 10-03-2013, 11:31 AM.
          http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

hmm, i dont think a hammer wouldnt really work for replacing the swords of rogue.

but if you want i can animate it to be usable as replacement for the hud axe just like i did with my sword?

Comment

Im good with any decision. When you asked for some more sword models, for some reason, my hammer came to mind and I followed that thought process. I always share my work freely so, it was a given to offer it for use.

The Hammer

Anyone can use this for whatever. Modify it however you like. Included are the .blend and .blend1 files. This was made in 2.49 but it has no armature or even a texture for that matter, so you should be able to open it in any blender.
              http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

looks like a new mp1 thor hammer in the making! did you test the axe sward in SOE Indian summer yet? it could be a good thing for the hd pack that is being worked on!

Comment

thank you talisa,
                  I modified the hellsword texture some time ago.

You can download it here:
                  Download hellsword_wa_textures.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Comment

WOW! That's awesome! You're better now than when you did that staff back when. Nice.

Originally posted by talisa View Post
                    because JD asked for it, and cuz i had the idea to do this too already before he asked....

my sword as replacement for the axe hud weapon

Comment

thanx a lot xage

yes i absolutely got better over time, ive learned a lot since i first made the staff,
                      gained a lot of experience and am able to make a bit more complicated models now

if you think the sword is impressive you should check out the crossbow i made for drake-mod & hexen,
                      that one is more complex and i animated it using an armature/skeleton

Comment

..Oh I will as soon as I can find some time. Need to pull my quake out of storage and put it all on my current linux pc I just upgraded. I did look at the crossbow screenshots though and it looks pretty swank!

I REALLY want to run down the halls of Quake with your sword axe replacement and make the walls run RED! That's an FACT>

It makes me wish for a Quake/darkplaces melee mod! Last thing I played like that satisfying was a little quake mod called Vorpal Sword. It took the Vorpal sword from Hexen 2 and replaced the axe in quake. You even had a possible chance to decapitate your opponent with it if I remember correctly.

Comment

Ohhh.. I thought you had done that before too. Well that's great! Something else I should practice for fun.

Originally posted by talisa View Post
                          more complex and i animated it using an armature/skeleton

Comment

@xage
                            nope, all other animated models are just done with simple 'position' and 'rotation' movement of the models,
                            no actual animations using skeletons or such

and the arm i used for hud-sword is taken from the shamblers castle axe,
                            i didnt make nor animate that arm myself

Comment

Working...
                            X