Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inferator (QuakeC Mod based on Unreal 1995 Development)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inferator (QuakeC Mod based on Unreal 1995 Development)

Inferator

NEW : I didcided to make this based on Into the Shadows
    This will be a RPG Styled Game in Third Person Perspective

Its been awhile since i was in the quake stuff Anyways.

Im Lead Designer, Mapper and Texture Design in this Project

And to get started with this project we need Modelers/Animators and QuakeC Coders plus more Mappers and Texture Designers too

First Weapons for a Head Start is the Double Barrel Shotgun in a diffrent look and animations

Our goal is to make it more like Unreal in 1995 / Early 1996 and more like Quake Styled Gameplay

The story maybe the same as this from the U95 Tech Demo :
    You awake in a small, enclosed room with metal walls. The floor and walls are notably titled at

an odd angle. The room is illuminated by a dim light flowing through a crack in the ceiling. A

minimal fold-out bed is attached to a wall. Though you have no recollection of where you are, it might

appear to be a prison cell. An angled metal door is ahead. With effort, you push it open, and it emits a

dull creaking sound.

You’re in a small, metal-enclosed hallway. Lights on one of the walls are blinking, and you hear the

dull sound of machinery. Exploring the tight metal corridors, you find a closet amply stocked with

weapons. Instinctively, though rather stereotypically, given the setting, you grab a shotgun. Nothing

here to shoot... You continue exploring.

You come to a large metal door. It’s partially open, revealing light behind it. Pressing a switch on a

nearby wall, it slowly and noisily opens.

You see a bright green landscape and lake beyond. You walk out into the middle of a small peninsula

within a lake surrounded by mountains.

This is not at all what you expected. The “prison” you just exited seems to be a small, badly-damaged

spacecraft. You see a trail of debris along the crash site; the craft itself is wedged halfway into the

ground around it, forming a crater.

Though you have no recollection of where you are or what your purpose here is, you walk along a trai

in the landscape, shotgun in hand, searching for the answers.

You have thus found yourself in the entryway into the world of Unreal. From here, you will discover

the intricately detailed, elegant architecture of an unknown alien race that once lived here.

This mod will be just like Unreal and Quake at the same time

Excuse the basic concept drawing even if i didnt shade it,

* All Weapons will be Centered (Not Left or Right Handed)

More Info Comming Soon

- xBRYAN2000x
    Last edited by xbryan2000x; 11-19-2013, 04:49 PM.

Im Always a Quake Fan and Always will be

Great to see more QC projects.

You might want to write a little blurb about what your project's goal is, that way people will get a better idea.

Simple concepts are better than no concepts!

Keep at it!
    Scout's Journey
    Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Good. But I have an idea to fully recreate Unreal Gold 1999 from Epic Games using QuakeC. I think this would require a large team of programmers.
      As for me, I'm newbie in programming in QuakeC.

Comment

riiiiiight. I'm gonna flap my arms and go to the moon. I'm a noob at flying though so maybe a bunch of people will just show up and throw me there. Imma be the lead astronaut.

...to infinity and beyond!
        http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Interesting idea

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
          riiiiiight. I'm gonna flap my arms and go to the moon. I'm a noob at flying though so maybe a bunch of people will just show up and throw me there. Imma be the lead astronaut.

...to infinity and beyond!

Comment

I like the enthusiasm, but make sure you know what's entailed in building a mod like Into The Shadows. There is a LOT of work. Especially when basically overhauling the entire game. Before doing anything, you might want to make a list of exactly what you're trying to achieve. Estimate the time of completion and quadruple it. Nothing will go as planned, there will be hangups around every corner, people helping you will still have their own schedules and time conflicts, and you will inevitably shift focus here and there when you come up with new ideas. Also, you need to decide what engine you plan to use, and this in turn determines your target audience (players). Into The Shadows won't work on a vanilla-style engine with it's awesome particle and lighting effects.

If, like you say, you are going to be project manager, you will need to have a grasp of everything, not just mapping and textures. Start digging into forums and tutorials. Build your mod in small pieces at a time. Doing your homework and learning the language, modeling, and knowing what you can and can't get away with in QuakeC is essential. If my boss didn't know anything about welding, he wouldn't be a very good shop manager. You have to know at least the basics to be able to assign parts of a project to people willing to help.

Also, way more details are needed. People need to know your goal and focus before jumping in to help. It sounds like you have countless hours of reading and practicing to do to get up to speed. I only say this because I went through all of that the last few months, and I've barely scratched the surface. Everything you need to know is on the internet somewhere. Some of it you will have to dig deep to find. Some can be found through the pros on forum like these.

Best of luck, it sounds promising if you are willing to really delve into it. It is good to still see people enthusiastic about Quake. Despite the claim that it's a "dying community", I don't see many other game forums with 100+ people logged in at all hours of the day. Keep it up.
            'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Working...
            X