• Dead project?
    Make Quake Great Again

Comment

• amazing ogre model

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWA5...ature=youtu.be
      Attached Files

Comment

• neat. would be interesting to see it in-game

id be interested in seeing more of the animations for it?
        the video only shows the walking animation
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Is that ogre on diet? Of course the model is well done, no offence to the author, but after seeing fat ogres for almost 20 years a thin one looks strange. IMO a good idea where you have 2 ogre types (for example in MP2 and many custom maps) have a fat and a thin to enhance the visual difference.
          Make Quake Great Again

Comment

• Hey, sorry for the lack of posts here, just been busy with other things.

I've been working on more Doom stuff than Quake lately, but I will return to Quake eventually. I've got a lot if ideas for Quake, but there's only so much time someone has.

I've been using Quixel to make some high res PBR materials, and I think it'll produce some really great Quake textures too. The Base textures in particular will be awesome. I can't wait to make some.

If you don't already follow the blog, you should.

qdhd

I recently posted about producing some 3D prints of my models. I'll be printing some Quake models too, so if you've ever wanted a big detailed shambler, I'll have one available.

To avoid any legal issues, I won't be naming or branding anything officially.

Prototyping will start in a few weeks. My 3D printer is currently being built, it's quite big and will allow for some single prints as big as 25Wx25Lx33H. Splitting a model up would allow for even larger prints.

Full scale Nail Gun anyone?

If you have any ideas for models, let me know.

No word on pricing or anything, it's way to early. It will depend on demand and what level of processing people want.

I've just created an Instagram account, you can find it under s13n1. I don't have any content yet, but I'll be posting my progress here as well as some updates for my other projects.

Cheers.

Comment

• Hello s13n1,

Good to see that you are still interested in modeling for Quake.

I was browsing your blog when I stumbled across 2 screenshots.
              Not sure if it is the upcoming Doom game or not.

But this is what a map should look like

And this is how a flying head should look like

Comment

Working...
              X