No announcement yet.

Quake2 weapon hi-poly remodel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very nice! The best weapon pack for QII. I wish you luck in the future work.

Comment

• Great models, as I already said. I wish you get supported by people, but it is very unlikely tbh (at least monetary support like on patreon.com). Many talented people are investing their time for the community for free. Even professionals publish high-quality free stuff made in their spare time. It's uncommon to be paid for these efforts.

I know some people who make money with level design or 3D modeling, but they are in the game industry. If you want that, you will most likely have to release some cool stuff which impresses the company guys to get known, then apply at a company with a portfolio.
      dfsp*spirit
      my FPS maps

Comment

• Hello Arthur,

Very much what dfsp_spirit said.
        I too wish you best of luck with your ambitious projects.
        Hobbies are great but it is always good to have a regular income from a regular (sometimes boring) work.

Best wishes.

Comment

• FallenAngel, thanks
          dfsp_spirit, Seven, thanks too, im working at gamedev for the last 6 years, its hard work and i really dont have much free time. so, some support will help me to find more time to these models.

and money isnt main goal, just sometimes i feel, like this work isnt important, so, even your good words helps me to continue my work.

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQnM3wRsJ9M

some ingame tests and tweaks
            Last edited by CTPEJIOK22; 09-20-2017, 05:06 AM.

Comment

• That is a big bad weapon!
              Well done.

Not too high poly. It looks just right and fits into Quake2 perfectly.
              Do you also have the view weapon done?

Comment

• Originally posted by Henry View Post
                That is a big bad weapon!
                Well done.

Not too high poly. It looks just right and fits into Quake2 perfectly.
                Do you also have the view weapon done?
                only render from 3ds max. even right now im working with 2 coders and we made some tests, static weapon is first step, animated model will be second.

and you are right about low-poly, its first attempt in remodel, first of all im removing old problems with models, like wrong uv and textures. second will be hight-poly versions.
                Last edited by CTPEJIOK22; 05-23-2016, 11:30 AM.

Comment

• Wow! New railgun looks great!
                  Hope to see your work for myself someday with a release!
                  Keep up the good work!!

Comment

• Originally posted by gdiddy62 View Post
                    Wow! New railgun looks great!
                    Hope to see your work for myself someday with a release!
                    Keep up the good work!!
                    maybe, at quakeExpo i will release something, at least, we working.

new update - iqm model with animations in model viewer. so, just need to fix some parts at source-port.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S_F4piBy_M]Rail gun iqm in modelviewer[/ame]

Comment

• Hello CTPEJIOK22,

First of all, your weapon looks very good.

Why do you use the same model for ground and for HUD weapon ?
                      Your HUD weapon only spins / moves around 1 yaw / bone.
                      Will you add some more bones + animation parts for your weapon ?

And when compared to your video from 1 year ago (see below), what has changed ?
                      Did you rebuild your model ? It looks very identical.

Best wishes.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Zkn1OBmNeQ[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
                        Hello CTPEJIOK22,

First of all, your weapon looks very good.

Why do you use the same model for ground and for HUD weapon ?
                        Your HUD weapon only spins / moves around 1 yaw / bone.
                        Will you add some more bones + animation parts for your weapon ?

And when compared to your video from 1 year ago (see below), what has changed ?
                        Did you rebuild your model ? It looks very identical.

Best wishes.
                        you right, im using one model for hands and for level, because its..because it like at real life even if models at hands and levels looks different and has different size, i want to make one model and use it in game.

about bones - railgun dont have any other moving parts, so, it dont need any other bones. rocket launcher, for example, has bones for weapon, 3 rockets, and i think to make 2 bones for "doors" near rockets. and some other models also has hands, i will make bones for them too.

and about animation at model - quake2 supports md2 model format, it has some limitations, for example, vertex of model moves like wave, so we decided to add IQM (inter-quake model) for quake2-port and finally made first tests. and it was a bit hard to export model to iqm from 3dsmax.

Comment

• It rocks, keep up the good work!
                          Make Quake Great Again

Comment

• Originally posted by Blood Vengeance View Post
                            It rocks, keep up the good work!
                            thanks

Comment

• That's some awesome work, CTPEJIOK22!
                              How's progress coming along?
                              For what I understand, these are to be used in Berserker, right? I love that mod!
                              Do you intend to redo the machinegun? The one they added to berserker has excellent modelling, but even so, I prefer the original one, as the one they put in is way too similar to an actual M4 and that kills the inmersion for me. The original one has this compact, solid, mean look to it, and I'd love to see it remade.
                              What texture resolution are you using?
                              Also, I work with max as well. Do you have the original models converted to .max? (like the pistol or the machinegun, for instance) I might give it a try at modelling if I find the time.

Comment

• it been too long. small update

Comment

Working...
                                X