No announcement yet.

Quake2 weapon hi-poly remodel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you thought about doing the player model and some others? I could imagine with this talent you could end up doing an entire remodeling for quake II!

Comment

Originally posted by Henry View Post
      Then they will support them soon enough
      maybe. will see.

Comment

Originally posted by gdiddy62 View Post
        Keep up the good work!
        thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by RangerXT View Post
          Have you thought about doing the player model and some others? I could imagine with this talent you could end up doing an entire remodeling for quake II!
          yes, i will do it after weapons.
          few years ago i made few models, but they was not so good, because i forgot about original style. for example, this model was inspired by soldier:

as you see, it has different proportions and forms. i want to make new models, that will looks like original, but a bit better.

Comment

As I said, I like these weapons a lot. The RG and RL remain my favourites. GL and SSG also look great. I always imagined them a tiny bit less chunky though.

Did you post them on some Quake 2 community website yet? Or are they for some Q2 project?

I guess the Q2 community would be interested in weapon models of such quality!

EDIT: OK, I just read the post by Henry and your answer regarding q2xp above.
            Last edited by dfsp_spirit; 04-21-2015, 02:42 PM. Reason: EDIT: Just read the post by Henry and your answer regarding q2xp above.
            dfsp*spirit
            my FPS maps

Comment

Originally posted by dfsp_spirit View Post
              As I said, I like these weapons a lot. The RG and RL remain my favourites. GL and SSG also look great. I always imagined them a tiny bit less chunky though.

Did you post them on some Quake 2 community website yet? Or are they for some Q2 project?

I guess the Q2 community would be interested in weapon models of such quality!

EDIT: OK, I just read the post by Henry and your answer regarding q2xp above.
              thanks a lot. do you know any quake2 community sites? i know only this, but its about quake1. and all other sites about one specific port.

Comment

The major part of the (english-speaking) active players are at tastyspleen I guess.

One of the last Q2 mapping communities is the Quake 2 Café.

The Q2 engine coders (like knightmare, the author of kmquake2) can be found in both locations. The most popular Q2 clients are most likely kmq2 (by knightmare), r1q2 (by r1ch)and q2pro (by skuller). jaydolan, the author of quetoo, also knows a lot about q2 coding.

The IRC channels of tastyspleen are also quite busy, and a good place to get in touch.
                dfsp*spirit
                my FPS maps

Comment

Originally posted by dfsp_spirit View Post
                  The major part of the (english-speaking) active players are at tastyspleen I guess.

One of the last Q2 mapping communities is the Quake 2 Café.

The Q2 engine coders (like knightmare, the author of kmquake2) can be found in both locations. The most popular Q2 clients are most likely kmq2 (by knightmare), r1q2 (by r1ch)and q2pro (by skuller). jaydolan, the author of quetoo, also knows a lot about q2 coding.

The IRC channels of tastyspleen are also quite busy, and a good place to get in touch.
                  thank you. i will on these forums a bit later, now i have to finish all other weapons. also i have in plans 1-2 character models.

Comment

Hey dude, nice work! I'm happy to see some retexturing/remodeling activity for Quake II again! I can't wait to use these with KMQuake II, keep it up! =)

PLAY QUAKE DODGEBALL!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/quake-dodgeball

Trickle's VWeps

Comment

Originally posted by Trickle View Post
                      Hey dude, nice work! I'm happy to see some retexturing/remodeling activity for Quake II again! I can't wait to use these with KMQuake II, keep it up! =)
                      thank you. its a great pleasure to hear good words about my work

Comment

As a famous Quake 2 luddite, I still find this to be very neat. It looks really nice. What are the limitations on models for Quake 2? Are they raised in a source port like FTE, which I'm sure the model is made for?
                        Quake is for nerds.

Comment

Originally posted by Ebisu View Post
                          As a famous Quake 2 luddite, I still find this to be very neat. It looks really nice. What are the limitations on models for Quake 2? Are they raised in a source port like FTE, which I'm sure the model is made for?
                          its for q2xp and berserker@quake2. original q2 md2 format is not too good for new models, so we decided to use IQM format, maybe md5 with skeletal animations and other great things.

Comment

Can you make it work for KMQuake II? I know it supports md3 models.

PLAY QUAKE DODGEBALL!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/quake-dodgeball

Trickle's VWeps

Comment

Originally posted by Trickle View Post
                              Can you make it work for KMQuake II? I know it supports md3 models.
                              some later. now this models of main features of new version of q2xp

Comment

I'm very much a purist when it comes to Quake, but these models look amazing. I would be very likely to replace my models for these. Though everything else would look out of place

Comment

Working...
                                X