No announcement yet.

Arcane Dimensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sock, the scale and architecture of your maps. The new models that perfectly fit into Quake. The new textures and there alignment like the wall-lava texture above the lava.
    All this fits so perfectly together.

Mods like yours are what Quake modding is all about
    Thank you for your passion.

Comment

Those new screenshots are some pretty tasty looking stuff. I really like the lava fissure.
      Scout's Journey
      Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

... randomly angled ammo and medikits ?
        I am no Bork (even though I am Seven of Nine) but I want to assimilate this neat feature into the "small mod compilation" if you dont mind.

They are much too carefully positioned in Quake maps. A little disorder makes it look more natural I guess. Will have to test it due to close distance to walls most of the time though...

Great screenshots sock.
        I am looking forward to play your mod and give feedback.

Comment

@seven
          couldnt you use the trace code from the torches to check if there are walls close,
          and if its detected that the box is close to a wall not apply random rotation?

also, i really like this feature! it does make thing look more natural, that boxes placed at random angles instead of always at exact 90degree angles
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

@Henry, thanks I am glad you like it, this map is very tall, lots of details up in the gloom above.

@golden_boy, the fissure adds a lovely detail to the room, also a good architectural reason for the split height and ogre combat.

@Seven, this MOD will work fine with all the original ID maps, including upgraded monster and random rotation of ammo boxes. I have converted all the ammo to models with a central pivot point so they can be rotated safely within the original bounds of the ammo. I have checked most of the original maps and cannot see any problems as long as the asset you are using is setup correctly. Once I finish the mod all the assets (models/qc) that I am using will be freely available for anyone to play with.

@talisa, the random rotation really does make it feel more natural instead of everything so neatly aligned.

I also plan to include a couple of map remakes ... Castle of the Damned

Comment

Originally posted by sock View Post
              Once I finish the mod all the assets (models/qc) that I am using will be freely available for anyone to play with.
              I was just about to ask if you planned on releasing those awesome looking ammoboxes. I love the faithful design.

Comment

Hello AndehX,

If you do not want to wait for the release of sock´s new project and you are liking his ammo and health box model style, then you should download his pak1.pak file, which is included in all of his maps since around 1 year or so. If you didnt have them already.

He already made a custom crates set for all ammo and health types.
                Fastest way is to go here and type into the "instant filter": sock
                That will lead you to all his maps and releases. Look for the included pak1.pak file. In the /maps folder.

The set in the current Arcane Dimensions screenshots are a bit different though with open covers, which look even better

Best wishes.

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post
                  The set in the current Arcane Dimensions screenshots are a bit different though with open covers, which look even better
                  Yeah those are the ones im talking about. Sock has a post about them on his website

Comment

The new ammo pickups are higher detail than the original cubes (not too difficult) and are designed to be faithful in style and colour scheme. My previous ammo pickups were really only designed for medieval maps while the new one's have different skins based on the worldspawn key.

The shell and nail ammo has a separate lid which is randomly positioned and the rockets have several shells lying outside of the box. There is even an extra plasma pickup that is an alternative for the cells if people want the ammo to be consistently presented.

Comment

sounds great, cant wait to play your mod

Comment

Nice added details with the ammo sock.

Comment

The AD MOD project is also designed to be a resource kit for mappers to play with and luckily mapper MFX is busy creating a new map for AD. I also recommend to check out his twitter feed for more screenshots and map related stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by sock View Post
                            The AD MOD project is also designed to be a resource kit for mappers to play with and luckily mapper MFX is busy creating a new map for AD. I also recommend to check out his twitter feed for more screenshots and map related stuff.
                            Great people have great followers

The screenshot looks indeed fantastic !

Comment

A large misty moon rises above the roof tops of Foggy Bogbottom! (More MFX mapping goodness)

Comment

Screens are making me drool with anticipation!

Comment

Working...
                                X