Arcane Dimensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by R00k View Post
    Newest Qrack will support this mod and maps, if your Qrack doesnt work lemme know!
    I've tried Arcane Dimensions with
    QRACK v2.011.3467 but I'm getting a series of packet overflow errors on the start map and then it crashes within a minute. It doesn't load any of the other maps. (Seems to crash within a few seconds while loading)

Works perfectly with normal Quake. (Steam version)

Comment

• been playing through im going through the "bog" or what ever its called. but it gets confusing sometimes. so you have to explore a lot. fun, very fun! many new things still feels very much Quake!

Comment

• Initially I couldn't get the mod to work with Darkplaces either. Then I made a backup of my current Quake and did a fresh install. Now it works perfectly, and wow...my mouth fell open. It's beautiful.

I think I've spend at least 10-15 minutes on the starting map alone, looking at every corner. The effects, lighting, sounds and design are truly amazing.
        Last edited by JH24; 12-27-2015, 02:14 PM.

Comment

• @JH24, I'll post an updated version for all, as the one you have is almost 5 years old.
          Newer versions can handle the extra large maps and features; hopefully without any problems
          www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

• Originally posted by R00k View Post
            @JH24, I'll post an updated version for all, as the one you have is almost 5 years old.
            Newer versions can handle the extra large maps and features; hopefully without any problems
            Thanks. When the newer version is uploaded, I'll definitely try it out as well. I look forward to it.

Comment

• Insane!

Insane levels, insane effects (especially in DP), insane monsters and weapons
              ... & insanely challenging -at least for me ;-)

Congrats to all of you!

It will take months to fully appreciate everything.

Comment

• Wait......does it work with DP? If yes, which build?
                Make Quake Great Again

Comment

• awesome epic mod

Is just incredible

I am a dp user, so i made a little patch,

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3U...ew?usp=sharing

this is a very early version, only contains the patch for the start map "pink" textures and solves (provisionally using an evil hack) the "precache" error in breakeable.qc

Is not perfect :/ but its something
                  I will finish the patch if i get to rip all the alpha_pink textures

PS: texmex https://quakewiki.org/wiki/TexMex can extract all the bsp2 textures without problems

I will finish the patch tomorrow (2:17 am here)
                  Last edited by nahuel; 12-27-2015, 10:18 PM.
                  the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

• Really great all around. The atmosphere of the levels and new features are really nice. I enjoy the projectile shotguns.

The widowmaker and plasma gun are great. It would be nice to be able to switch back to the double barrel and original LG after picking them up though.

The new enemies are especially cool. I like the new knights a lot. The imps look really great. The lost souls look awesome and are a pain in the arse. I like the use of the skull wizard.

The only new enemies I wasn't too fond of were the golems and Minotaur/yakman (though I do like the darker Minotaur). They just don't seem to mesh that well with the other enemies aesthetically in my opinion. They look a bit too clean and not as gruesome/terrifying as the others.

The only thing I was disappointed about was that I made the assumption that this was going to be a continuous episode rather than individual levels.

Comment

• @nahuel, thank you for the clue of what to do with the textures!

Here is the official patch 1 for DP with all the pink textures updated:
                      www.simonoc.com/files/ad/ad_v1_42dppatch1.zip

For some reason MFX breakables don't load in DP, so maps ad_swampy, ad_crucial and ad_test3 all don't work in DP, they are QS only atm.

Please note, if you are going to fix/update or change the progs, please remember it is GNU license and you have to include the source of what you have changed!

Its all about sharing, strictly no closed progs based on this progs please!

Comment

• sorry for the lack of source, tonight i was almost asleep playing this great mod !

I was delete some "precache_" lines (darkplaces forces the precache if is not declared). I will find another solution

thanks for the patch!

syluxman2803

Comment

• sorry for the lack of source, tonight i was almost asleep playing this great mod
                          No worries, I assumed you were tired from playing the MOD! I just want to make sure everyone understands, this is an open source MOD and I am really looking forward to seeing what people do with it!

Also if anyone has time please go over to the MODDb page for AD and vote or write a review. It all helps people decide if they want to try the mod or not.

On the topic of voting, please go to the Quaddicted page and vote!

Thanks everyone
                          Last edited by sock; 12-28-2015, 07:00 AM.

Comment

• i'm SOOO looking forward to play this mod. unfortunately, i'm away from my gaming computer right now so i have to wait till january 2. even reading this thread is almost unbearable for me :-)
                            -
                            as for the pink textures patch - is it possible to make similar patch for rubicon rumble pack? it also uses transparent floor textures.
                            -
                            jakub
                            my projects so far:

Travail retextured ___/___ Knave HD textures
                            Tronyn in high definiton ___/___Abyss of Pandemonium HD textures
                            Nehahra rtlights and other experiments

Comment

• Originally posted by jakub1 View Post
                              as for the pink textures patch - is it possible to make similar patch for rubicon rumble pack? it also uses transparent floor textures.
                              yeah!
                              1- use texmex to extract each pink_alpha texture.

2- open each texture with gimp. select pink color (select by colour) , and delete it. Pink will be alpha transparence now.

3- export each texture as tga with the same name.

4- create a folder called "textures" in the folder of the mod and put the tga files

syluxman2803

Comment

• Unfortunately, my coding endeavor was 1/2 ass...

beyond the test maps, testing most maps my engine chokes.

will post FIX asaP!
                                www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Working...
                                X