No announcement yet.

Arcane Dimensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a burning desire to make an 'Ice Map' pseudo expansion to this. I'm still trying g to get TrenchBroom set up properly, technical issues where it won't display textures despite me pointing to texture wads exist. ><

The Missing Hippotic Centroid and Gremlins critters would be nice, but Icy reskins of the 'Enforcer' crossbow Knights and others is more doable....

Comment

• Originally posted by nahuel View Post
      yeah!
      1- use texmex to extract each pink_alpha texture.

2- open each texture with gimp. select pink color (select by colour) , and delete it. Pink will be alpha transparence now.

3- export each texture as tga with the same name.

4- create a folder called "textures" in the folder of the mod and put the tga files
      nahuel thank you for this manual. i'll try it when i get home.

jakub
      my projects so far:

Travail retextured ___/___ Knave HD textures
      Tronyn in high definiton ___/___Abyss of Pandemonium HD textures
      Nehahra rtlights and other experiments

Comment

• Hang tight everyone, I have DP/gameplay patch in the works and its currently being tested at the moment. This patch will fix all the maps so they work in DP/FTE and update/change some of the DP particles that already exist.

As soon as the patch is ready I will post a link.

Comment

• Sock,

there is a place/post were people can report small bugs or compatibility issues?

Comment

• is there a place/post were people can report small bugs or compatibility issues?
            Everyone can post their bugs here, but you got to remember I am only supporting QS/DP engines and I don't promise to fix every issue as some things may well be by design!

Comment

• Fine!

my small issue is the following:

In DP I'm using Ruohis's weapons with Q3-quad for SMC:
              http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-hel...tml#post149751

some of the models, like for ex. the shotgun, are correctly displayed in AD. Some other are not, like the double barrel shotgun, which simply does not appear.

Maybe there is a simple solution!

In the meantime I'm fully enjoying AD without them!

cheers
              Last edited by Icaro; 12-29-2015, 12:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sock View Post
                Everyone can post their bugs here, but you got to remember I am only supporting QS/DP engines and I don't promise to fix every issue as some things may well be by design!
                So no chance of working with qbism super8?
                (I suppose it may very well be an issue with the enginge itself)

Comment

• Originally posted by Legend View Post
                  (I suppose it may very well be an issue with the enginge itself)
                  I've tried to make qbism aware of your issue, but he's likely the only one that would know what's up because he knows the limitations of his engine.
                  Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

• In DP I'm using Ruohis's weapons with Q3-quad for SMC
                    There is no support for HD assets with this MOD. I have updated various weapon models to fix lerping issues and muzzleflashes, so any existing assets will probably not work with this MOD.

All engine support for this MOD is up to the relevant engine coder. There is just too many engines types, all incompatible with each other and I don't have the will or time to test them all! Its Fitz and DP only, because they are largest groups for SP content.

Here is DP patch V1!

DP and Game play Changes
                    * Added transparent texture support for DP
                    * Updated breakables for ad_crucial, ad_swampy, ad_test3
                    * Fixed ad_crucial so that the rune room does not lock
                    * Fixed bounding boxes for misc/func exploding boxes
                    * Removed FTE engine detection (simplified to DP/Fitz)
                    * Changed pixels command to understand default=blurry
                    * Added DP laser particle effect (TR_LASER)
                    * Removed EF_DIMLIGHT from plasma/laser for DP
                    * Added plasma burn explosion for DP (large cloud effect)
                    * Added altar (red/grey) DP (floating upward dots/smoke)
                    * Fixed skill pillar directional particles for DP
                    * changed misc_drip movetype to prevent engine splash sound
                    * Fixed extra global fog parameters for ad_end in DP
                    * Changed trigger_heal/hurt bubbles to be noclip instead of fly
                    * Fixed spiders/voreling dropping from ceiling properly in DP
                    * Gaunt projectile speed - old (600/600/600/600) new (500/650/800/950)
                    * Gargoyle projectile speed - old (500/550/600/650) new (500/650/800/950)
                    * Minotaur projectile speed - old (500/600/700/800) new (500/650/800/950)

Please note that there is extra console commands being set in quake.rc, you cannot run this MOD using the game command. Always use a shortcut!

Bugs: For some reason DP is creating all items with double sized bounding box setups which is causing problems with certain items. Ive got no idea why DP is doing this because every item is specifying an exact size in QC and it works fine in QS. So if anyone has a clue to why, please let me know.

As always any feedback or suggestions post them here.
                    Last edited by sock; 12-29-2015, 09:07 PM.

Comment

• is the map format you use BSP2 (2BSP) ?
                      I'm trying to find out why maps bork in Qrack, though I'm using my implementation for fitzprotocol 666 and works quite well with your mod ITS, so I thought it would work for AD as well.. :/

If you ARE using bsp2 then I know what direction i need to take vs combing through protocol code that isnt broken.
                      thanks! and I love the mod; been playing it on DP.

edit: question are your map objects also placed int the /maps folder? if so then, maybe i'm trying to load them from console
                      Error: Load_Brushmodel "/maps/ad_crucial.bsp"
                      Last edited by R00k; 12-29-2015, 09:37 PM.
                      www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

• is the map format you use BSP2 (2BSP) ?
                        Some maps will work in protocol 666 and others will require BSP2, its a mixture. For example ad_swampy2 = bsp2, ad_obd = protocol666

Comment

• Originally posted by Legend View Post
                          Exploring this briefly, it is likely super8 does not support a particular progs asset or progs.dat feature. More about this on qbism.com. Any observations could be posted there or in a separate thread as it is indeed an engine incompatibility of some kind.

Map (bsp) content renders, though.

Comment

• hey sock, are we allowed to use the new enemy/gib models in other mods as well? I want to make use of the gibs and some of the new enemy models

Also thanks for the DP patch, but those steam and fire emitters on ad_test3 and ad_crucial are completely invisible in DP

Comment

• Originally posted by sock View Post
                              Some maps will work in protocol 666 and others will require BSP2, its a mixture. For example ad_swampy2 = bsp2, ad_obd = protocol666
                              oH! OKAY. Qrack doesnt currently support BSP2 so, I'll get to work on this, this weekend.

edit: map TEST11 blows my mind! the stats on the wall! omfg!
                              Last edited by R00k; 12-29-2015, 10:35 PM.
                              www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

• @Bugs: For some reason DP -

I doubt this helps you at all but, ya never know maybe this will give you other ideas. I went to icculus.org and did a find for "bounding box". 2 console variables popped up halflifebsp and mcbsp. I'm thinking that neither of those apply but that was everything I could find at icculus. The description for both said it was important to know due to different bounding box sizes. I'm thinking that maybe your map format has a similar issue, but no cvar???

I did a LOT of google searches for you and I was unable to find anyone having your issues with DP BBoxes. Sorry .

my search criteria was
                                dp bbox
                                darkplaces bbox
                                dp bounding box
                                darkplaces bounding box

all four of those with each one of these added individually
                                double size
                                wrong size
                                size issues
                                size fix
                                size correction

20 searches and nothing that seemed relevant.
                                Last edited by MadGypsy; 12-30-2015, 01:48 AM.
                                http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Working...
                                X