No announcement yet.

HD textures for SP-maps!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny vid. Is this from a movie? BTW, if you want to embed YT videos, lose the "s" from https. And while you're at it, replace the "m" before youtube by "www".
    ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
    ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

• Talisa, remember the texture issue I had the other day with Coven of Ebony? Well it's happening again with DOPA this time. Here's how the red window in the E5M3 arena looks without QRP:

but with QRP it looks like this:

Could you please provide some more of your mojo?

-----------------------------------------

Additionally, I have a problem with QRP and fullbrights. Here's an example in E1M1, without QRP:

and the same spot with QRP:

Notice how the lamp posts in the second pic don't look like they're emitting light? How do I fix that?

-----------------------------------------

@Izhido You're welcome. You can even add a title to your embedded video by using the [U RL="yourlink"]title[/U RL] format (without the spaces of course).
      Last edited by Mugwump; 10-26-2016, 06:55 PM.

Comment

• in regards to DOPA:
        this would be caused by DOPA's map using a slightly different version of window03,
        the same version that E1M2 also uses.

solution: open the QRP texture pk3 (can open it with winrar or winzip or such), browse to the textures\e1m2 folder inside the pk3,
        grab both of the window03 textures in there and copy them over to your DOPA\textures folder

regarding the lamps in E1M1:
        which engine are you using?
        because the QRP texture-pack does include luma-maps to make those lights glow, so they should look like they are glowing.

perhaps the engine you are using doesnt support luma-maps?
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• DOPA: Thanks, I'll do that.

Engine: Darkplaces 20140430. I have a secondary install using one of the latest autobuilds but I haven't upgraded my primary install yet. But I'm sure the 2014 build displays lumas correctly because they're working for the ammo/health boxes. I have all the QRP packs installed in \id1.

Comment

• you should update to the new 2016 DP builds, which have improved performance and fixes the glitchy RT-shadows bug

enable bloom if you have it disabled, it makes a big difference on those lamp-posts
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Like I said, my secondary install is from one of the latest autobuilds. I wanted to test it for bugs/stability before upgrading my primary install. So far, the only map I had some problems with is NewHouse's from the noir jam. I tried putting the QRP into my secondary install but the result is the same.

Bloom is enabled but set to a minimum (I'm not exactly a fan of this effect). Here are my bloom settings:
              Scene brightness 1
              Glow brightness 1
              Bloom color scale 1
              Bloom color subtract 0.125
              Bloom color exponent 1
              Bloom intensity 1
              Bloom blur 3
              Bloom resolution 320
              Can you share yours?

Edit: Ahaaaa, found it! I fiddled with the bloom settings and figured out that the glow brightness setting does the trick. I changed nothing else but amped up glow brightness to the max and now fullbrights really look bright, just like without QRP, and I don't have any nasty bloom blurring everything. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, I would never have thought that lumas' brightness was affected by bloom. Unexpected and undesired side effect: it also affects the brightness of dirty water! Does it have a luma texture too?
              Last edited by Mugwump; 10-27-2016, 10:17 AM.

Comment

• i mostly just use the default settings from the 'FULL' lighting preset,
                except for turning corona's down cuz i didnt like how strong the effect is by default

Comment

• Thanks! I see you have glow brightness set to 1, just like I had. It doesn't mess with your lumas?

Comment

• no everything looks like how it should look

from waht i could see toggling bloom seemed to make the biggest difference with how the luma's on those tech-lamps you mentioned look

Comment

• It's weird that the same setting behaves so differently between two computers. Dunno, maybe it's a video card issue... Anyway, thanks again for helping me solve the problem.

Now I have to go back and play all those levels I had already tested for BV's RTlights again!

Comment

• which RT-lights are used of course plays a major role in how lights look as well

for example, this is how the exact same spot in E1M1 looks with my setup:

as you can see, i like my quake dark and spooky, and drenched in ambience

i use inkub0s RTlights combined with both lit's AND Dlit's (the ones linked in my definitive content thread)

Comment

• I use inkub0's too but I have my gamma at 1.6-something. It's the closest I got from the original brightness. I thought .lits didn't work when RTlights are enabled...

Comment

• sure they do, they're seperate from RTlights.
                            just look for example at the difference in lighting in rogue's start-map with lits and without

WITH LITS

WITHOUT LITS

notice how when lits are added:
                            -the medium portal has a faint glow around it
                            -the torches have stronger glow around them
                            -the hard hall has a red glow all over the walls-
                            -the medium hall has a faint green glow over the walls from the acid

all of these effects are all completely missing without lits (except for glow around torches)

Comment

• Originally posted by bfg666 View Post
                              It's weird that the same setting behaves so differently between two computers.
                              Hello bfg666,

No, it is not weird. It is because you use different textures.

Originally posted by bfg666 View Post
                              Anyway, thanks again for helping me solve the problem.
                              You need different textures to solve the problem bfg666.

The root cause for your issue are the QRP normal textures used in the lights area. If you do not use the normals the issue is gone.
                              But there is a way to keep the normals and still fix the issue !

Here are some comparism screenshots of the affected textures (left: glitch right: fixed):

tlight11:

tlight02:

Please use the fixed QRP textures and read the readme to fix your issue: DOWNLOAD

Best wishes,
                              Seven

Comment

• oh yes i completely forgot about those fixed diffuse and glow-maps for tlight02 and tlight11!
                                ive been using them for so long now that i completely forgot about them

EDIT: i also added a link to the tlight fixes to my definitive replacement content thread
                                to make those fixes easily findable for anyone and make the existance of these fixes more well-known
                                Last edited by talisa; 10-29-2016, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X