No announcement yet.

HD textures for SP-maps!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You play on hell? Have you finished it?? I get literally one shotted immediately. I'm not the best quake player absoutely, but I've completed many levels at nightmare difficulty, but Hell it's too much!
    Make Quake Great Again

Comment

yeah ive finished ARWoP
      not sure though if i found the secret part in start-map though when i played through it,
      so i probably played it on hard or nightmare last time

will have to try playing through the map-set again now that i know where hell difficulty portal is located

but first ill have to do those hell-skill textures
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Originally posted by talisa View Post
        yeah ive finished ARWoP
        not sure though if i found the secret part in start-map though when i played through it,
        so i probably played it on hard or nightmare last time

will have to try playing through the map-set again now that i know where hell difficulty portal is located

but first ill have to do those hell-skill textures
        I've finished in hard and never tried on nightmare. I thought you've finished on hell. Well, if you can do it at HELL difficulty, maximum respect
        Make Quake Great Again

Comment

and le voila!

in a bit ill repack your HD pack to add the textures i made,
          and then ill go ahead and make some pics and add the pack to the list
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Today (and for sure next days) I'm busy with rtlights for AoP and Beyond Belief, you saved me time, very thanks Talisa.
            Make Quake Great Again

Comment

just my luck... just now when i wanna upload the ARWOP pack which includes the textures i made, dropbox is having problems

ill make a zippyshare mirror for now and once dropbox works again
              i will replace the link with dropbox mirror which wont expire

anywho.... the ARWOP HD texture-pack V1.1 is up! go grab it

EDIT:
              dropbox is working again already, and i replaced the zippyshare link with dropbox mirror
              Last edited by talisa; 06-15-2015, 03:12 PM.

Comment

I've found Soul of Evil/Indian Summer HD texture pack. It's incomplete and some texture that are in MP1 and 2 are included. I've "updated" it. I've found some "nice" placeholders for some missing texture, but before uploading it I would like to test it in game a bit, since it's a lot I don't play Soe/nsoe. Anyway I've saw Seven uploaded Soul of Evil particles effect for candle, link expired but I can't contact Seven through PM because his message folder is full. Somebody got the link? I've seen some time ago a killer model that fits so well for the final boss of ARWOP, but can't find it anymore. If that model can be converted, well, we can have a really killer model for final boss (I don't spoiler since some people maybe never played ARWOP, don't want to ruine the surprise)
                Make Quake Great Again

Comment

@blood vengeance
                  seven's particle flames mod for NSOE? why of course i have that
                  https://www.dropbox.com/s/hiwk4e76wc...ading.rar?dl=0

Comment

Great! Does it exist also for standard SoE and Unforgiven? I've found that model, does Quake1 support .md2 model format? Oh I was forgetting about this: Dlits for ARWOP https://www.dropbox.com/s/y6o69ky4bh...Dlits.pk3?dl=0
                    Last edited by Blood Vengeance; 06-15-2015, 03:43 PM.
                    Make Quake Great Again

Comment

yeah darkplaces supports many model formats, which you can use by manually renaming the file-extension to mdl.

darkplaces will read the model that way. its a weird system which can cause confusion for anyone
                      wanting to edit a model cuz they have to try and figure out what the real format is, but its how darkplaces works

also thanx, ill try them out and let ya know what i think of the Dlits

Comment

just checking the progress and wanna thank to both of you talisa and blood vengeance.

i have two questions:

1) what engine do you use for nyarlathotep? i use dp exclusively, but nyarlathotep is absolutely unplayable. i can turn off all the darkplaces extra features and i still got like 7 fps. well... my pc is not exactly hi-end, but i can play most of the quake levels in 1920*1200@50-60fps. even the big levels like warpspasm. so.. the question is - with a faster computer is nyarlathotep playable in dp or is it too much to handle.

2) what exectly do dlit files? i experimented with them long time ago and saw no visual difference. i used h2map back then.

jakub
                        my projects so far:

Travail retextured ___/___ Knave HD textures
                        Tronyn in high definiton ___/___Abyss of Pandemonium HD textures
                        Nehahra rtlights and other experiments

Comment

DLits apply colored lightning to your maps. these are done automatically with WinMHcolour. Sometimes the result is good, other is non existant, other is bad. The disadvantage of using a totally random program. For example in Metal Monstrosity the result is good, in Nyarlathotep non existant (I have deleted and never uploaded, plus will slow your pc)
                          For Nyarlathothep I use DP, and I use to play it in 1200*800 (standard resolution I use for all maps). Never tried an higher resolution, but with this resolution, it runs smooth without problems.
                          Make Quake Great Again

Comment

lit files add color lights. i know these lit files and i use winmhcolour. as you wrote - result is quite unpredictable.. sometimes great, sometimes awful.
                            -
                            from what i understand dlits do something else. they should enable per-pixel lighting even without rtworld enabled. in reality i see no change.
                            -
                            nahuel released more managable rtlights editor last year and it can be used to manually edit color parms of light sources. it's time-consuming, but the result is super. it just takes time... and the best part is that you don't even have to turn on rtword. you can use rtlights editor to add color where you wanna have it and still use vanila quake lighting mode.
                            -
                            jakub
                            my projects so far:

Travail retextured ___/___ Knave HD textures
                            Tronyn in high definiton ___/___Abyss of Pandemonium HD textures
                            Nehahra rtlights and other experiments

Comment

Can you link me plz that nahuel editor? I've created some rtlights, but they are pure rtlights, I mean, you have to turn on rtworld.
                              Make Quake Great Again

Comment

@jakub
                                maps like nyarlathotep are muuuuuch bigger then warpspasm, and they are huge open maps.
                                so the entire level gets rendered all the time, which is why such maps are much much more resource-demanding than most maps.

i use darkplaces myself and have a fast compy and nyarlathotep is totally playable in my setup.

if you dont have a fast pc, dont try running those kinda maps with shaders like prettty-water and pretty-blood,
                                as those kinda shaders essentially DOUBLE the amount of work your pc has to do cuz the entire maps will get rendered TWICE

@blood vengeance
                                here's nahuel's original RTlights tool
                                http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...arkplaces.html

_smith_ also implented an improved version of the same tool into this hud:
                                http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...edit-tool.html

i'd imagine such maps are to big though for RT-lights and they'd have much lights in them that getting an acceptable framerate in them would require a super-PC.
                                even for standard ID-maps with RT-lights you need quite a beast of a pc, and maps like nyarlathotep are 100times bigger then ID-maps
                                Last edited by talisa; 06-16-2015, 05:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X