No announcement yet.

HD textures for SP-maps!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• took a break from doing FMB-BDG textures to first make the additional textures
    for MFX's updated IKwhite map featured in arcane dimensions v1.5

am almost done with those, just a couple book-textures & one mural to go
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Yeah, so I wait to play that map in new AD
      Make Quake Great Again

Comment

• allllmost done with the textures for MFX's updated IKwhite map,
        am just busy with the second-last texture.

will need to look though into making custom versions of the books_shelf* textures,
        MFX didnt use the textures correctly resulting in the books in his maps looking f-ed up.

i hope i can make the books look correct by making custom versions of them for that map.
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• just finished doing the additional textures for MFX's 'Realm of Enceladus' (updated version of his map from mapjam2)

ive updated the mapjam2 ikwhite pack to include the textures for MFX's updated map featured in AD v1.5
          so you'll want to re-download that texture-pack for playing MFX's 'Realm of Enceladus' .

NOTE: make sure to also copy BOTH IKwhite AND SheSP texture-packs over to your AD folder

ive also updated the pk3 to include credits for images used to create all of the textures.
          previously i had forgotten to include a readme to attribute credits for used images, its now included.

Comment

• Loved the references in the books textures
            Make Quake Great Again

Comment

• hehe thought it would be fun to add some tributes to some of my favourite 90's games to the covers of the books

was curious how long it would take for people to notice the pics i put on the books

Comment

• I have to say, over the last 6 years I have watched you go from semi-terrible at this to totally awesome! Really, really, really good work, Talisa.

You wanna texture my "fiend" and make half of whatever I make selling it on turbosquid? I'm only dead serious. It's not ready for a texture yet but it wont be that long.
                http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

• I'm preparing an HD texture pack for Arcane Dimensions, but need a few fixes before release. It will cover all maps except for: Necromancer Keep, Leptis Magna, Terror Fuma and The Mire. My HD texture pack for the The Faults will not be included because unfortunatley it was scrapped from final release
                  Make Quake Great Again

Comment

• thanx gypsy

its still mostly just taking materials from resources and using those to create textures,
                    i still cant make my own materials from scratch.

but i can tell im getting better and better over time and learning how to deal with things i wouldve stumbled over and fucked up before\

anyway... i would maybe be interested, but as said i cant make my own materials from scratch, so i would have to look to make sure i'd use royalty-free textures that can be used commercially.

i also honestly wouldnt really know how to texture an organic creature... untill now ive only done non-organic stuff which is a lot easier cuz they dont have to look perfect

Comment

• Well, I'll put it out there like this. When you first started all this I was one of the main people pushing you to be better. Push...push (round 2) . I totally believe in you. If you would like to use what I have so far to practice I would be more than happy to share it with you. I don't intend to up the level of detail on the model so the texture is going to have to do some work.

It's all up to you and there is no rush. I still need to rig this thing and I'm playing with the details a bit. Also, you have pretty much complete artistic freedom. I'm not doing this due to any artistic vision I have or anything. It's just fun. Honestly I don't even really care that much about whatever money this could generate. I just want to commercially sell a 3d model. For me, this is almost entirely an "I did it!" situation. I would be equally satisfied with "We did it!"
                      Last edited by MadGypsy; 12-09-2016, 09:40 AM.
                      http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

• There is a small chance that also textures for Leptis Magna will be included, it depends on how far I can go with the missing textures
                        Make Quake Great Again

Comment

• BV, you'll likely need to split your pack into two .pk3s: I was doing the same thing for myself just today and WinRAR refused to zip a 2.8Gb folder.
                          ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
                          ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

• Originally posted by bfg666 View Post
                            BV, you'll likely need to split your pack into two .pk3s: I was doing the same thing for myself just today and WinRAR refused to zip a 2.8Gb folder.
                            At the moment (including the unfinished texture pack for Leptis Magna) the .pk3 files weights exactly 1 GB, maybe I upload it on google drive
                            Make Quake Great Again

Comment

• BV,

I also suggest to split the pack in two parts. The first one with the standard .tga + the _luma.tga. The second one with the _norm.tga and the _gloss.tga. In this way people using Quakespasm or Mark V can avoid downloading the second one.

Ciao

Comment

• I didn't included norms because AD has not RTlights. If you guys want also norms well I can make a second pack
                                Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Working...
                                X