No announcement yet.

HD textures for SP-maps!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• norms with transparent blue channel can be seen also without RTlights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Icaro View Post
      norms with transparent blue channel can be seen also without RTlights.
      Well I'll make a separate normal pack then
      Make Quake Great Again

Comment

• @gypsy
        thanx for the offer and for thinking my texturing-skills have gotten that good,
        but ill pass on texturing your monster.

it could be fun and could be a learning-experience,
        but i wouldnt want my first attempt at texturing a creature to immediately be something to be for sale,
        i feel that would put to much strain from me to make the texture look perfect.

ive never textured a living being so it would be a struggle to figure out how to make a living creature look good and not make it look fake and plastic-ish.
        and to immediately have that pressure on me to have to make the texture look at least semi-decent cuz its something thats going to be sold, is something i wouldnt want

i'd be willing to give it a try to see what i could do.... but not for selling
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• fair enough. If you change your mind let me know.

Thought:

Way back when I first joined this site I was dieing and waiting for a surgery. I couldn't do physical labor but, I had to work. I didn't have any graphics arts skills (still don't really) I made thousands and thousands of dollars selling graphic art (primarily business cards). I was successful due to one piece of knowledge - it didn't matter if I was good, it only mattered that I could attract people that thought I was. There is no pressure to do the things you feel pressure over. That pressure comes from within you. There are tons of people in this world that would be in awe of your work no matter what it looked like. The only real pressure is in finding those people.

Regardless of what you decide/have decided never forget that.
          http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

• work on textures for this onion & FMB-BDG2 is still continueing

got caught up in making textures for mapjams for a bit and started working on
            Necromancer's Keep, 'Per Aspera Ad Inferi' (ad_lavatomb) & the first start-map from AD.

but then i randomly remembered FMB-BDG2 and got back to making textures for FMB-BDG2 again wanting to complete that pack first.

currently got just 26 more textures to go to complete the pack
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Talisa, since these textures are also in This Onion and in AD_lavatomb, have you already made these? Because with these 3 textures done I can release an updated (and complete) version of Rapture texture pack
              Attached Files
              Make Quake Great Again

Comment

• FMB-BDG2 is an updated version of this onion with 2 additional maps added,
                so obviously my texture-pack will have the textures for this onion too

coincidentially i actually just made groovy1b last night,
                and floor2c i have too, i used azfloor1_1 for that.
                groovy1 is easy enough done, since its just groovy1b with the center replaced with plat_stem5 from rogue

so here you go, here are all 3 of those textures you needed
                Zippyshare.com - 3tex.zip

Comment

• Uh that download link brings you to a malicious malware page
                  Make Quake Great Again

Comment

• whaaa..... ive been using zippyshare for years, there is nothing unsafe about zippyshare -__-

either way, here's a dropbox link https://www.dropbox.com/s/uzdawaf032...l3tex.zip?dl=0

Comment

• Originally posted by talisa View Post
                      whaaa..... ive been using zippyshare for years, there is nothing unsafe about zippyshare -__-

either way, here's a dropbox link https://www.dropbox.com/s/uzdawaf032...l3tex.zip?dl=0
                      Thanks. Yeah used zippyshare too, never had any problems, but this time opened me a windows that wont't close saying that my pc was infected. Anyway thanks, much better than mine version that was quite horrible. Now Rapture is almost ready to be released
                      Make Quake Great Again

Comment

• you're welcome

Comment

• Hey Talisa, I've played Terracity recently and noticed 16 textures that weren't replaced by QRP versions, so I thought I would try to make a pack for this very nice map. I've found these so far:
                          - metw1 is exactly identical to wmet4_4
                          - city4_9 is a slightly brighter version of city4_5
                          - railwood1_1 is a rotated version of wizwood1_8

I photoshopped the QRP versions of the last two to make them look as close as possible to the originals. However, I'm having trouble finding the following:
                          - city4_45
                          - dr_telepad0
                          - estn0
                          - karch4_gr
                          - kbrick1_gr
                          - kmetr_0
                          - kmetr_16
                          - kmetr_32
                          - metal1_4a
                          - metal1_8_b
                          - metb0
                          - metwlcy1
                          - rocks19_1

Metwlcy1 appears to be a white recolor of light1_2 but I'm not good enough at Photoshop to even attempt to recolor all the yellow reflections on the detail of the QRP version myself, so I would need one that's already made. The others I have no clue where they're from. I've looked inside a few wads but to no avail. Do you know where to find them and if they've been HDified? Also, do you have a method for finding the origin of a texture?

Edit: Actually, city4_9 is from kdmtex.wad, so if it has already been HDified, I'd like to know where I can find it to see if it looks better than the one I made.
                          Last edited by Mugwump; 12-15-2016, 11:00 AM.
                          ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
                          ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

• blood vengeance did the terracity HD pack, so you'll have to poke him about not including a lot of textures.
                            but thats not good, releasing an incomplete texture-pack

bunch of those textures you mentioned ive already done though,
                            several of them can be found in my 'conference of the shamblers' texture-pack
                            Last edited by talisa; 12-15-2016, 11:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by talisa View Post
                              blood vengeance did the terracity HD pack
                              Oh, I didn't know that. Last I checked, I didn't see Terracity in the first post. Thanks!

BTW, you haven't answered my question about a method for finding the origin of a texture.
                              Last edited by Mugwump; 12-15-2016, 11:50 AM.
                              ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
                              ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

• what do you mean with origin? you mean what texture-wads were used?

if you mean that:

you can easily find that out by using 'sv_saveentfile' in darkplaces to make darkplaces create an ent-file for the map,
                                and then open the ent-file of the map in notepad.

in the first block at top of the ent-file, most maps will have a line starting with "wad"
                                that line lists whatever texture-wads were used in creation of the map
                                Last edited by talisa; 12-15-2016, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X